Technique Slow Scrap Jan 23 @6:00 PST

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bcgal00, Jan 23, 2020.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hi everyone. Welcome to the TECHNIQUE SLOW SCRAP which starts at 6:00 PM PST and will close at 7:00 PM PST, in the chat room.

All instructions will be posted in the chat room, every 10 minutes, throughout the hour, and also will be posted here in this thread. Following the chat, you will then have 24 hours to complete your layout, post it into the speed scrap gallery and also here in this thread, to qualify for the prize coupon. You have until 7:00 PM PST time (please check your local time conversion) on Friday, January 24, 2020 to get your layout completed and posted in gallery and here in this thread.

Here's the MOC Day 23 challenge LINK to read up about PAINT DIPPING, which is the technique we'll discuss tonight in the chat room.

Paint dipping is a fun way to adorn an element or title and bring extra attention to it.
    There are many ways to achieve this look, here are a few ideas for you, which we'll discuss tonight in the chat room:

⦁ Select a brush and swipe or stamp onto the product.
    ⦁ In PS, select bevel and emboss layer style to enhance your paint.
    ⦁ TLP styles https://the-lilypad.com/store/Styles/ to create a new look to a brush layer.
    ⦁ Clip a paint product to your element/title.
    ⦁ Try clipping other products to simulate paint onto your element/title.
    ⦁ Select a style from the TLP store, there is a large selection to choose from.
    ⦁ Paint with a hard edged brush for a solid paint stroke.

Come to the chat room tonight and let's discuss these together! We might come up with some other ideas too!

One of the techniques shared by SeattleSheri (in #2 post of MOC Day 23 thread) was about using the bevel and embossing style. Here an article about that if you'd like to read more about it.
    https://blackbirdpublishing.com/bevel-and-emboss-basics-with-photoshop/
    For PSE, find out how to select that layer style.
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/newbie-needs-help-bevel-emboss/td-p/9361990
    Here is the online article that was my inspiration for this technique, if you'd like to read through it.

Here's my sample page.
    [​IMG]

SLOW SPEED SCRAP INSTRUCTIONS (UPDATED THROUGHOUT THE DURATION OF THE CHAT):

Please post your completed layout in The Lilypad gallery. Please note for MOC participants: pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers). GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

***INSTRUCTIONS***

1. Start by adding 2 papers for your base.

2. Add 1-4 photos but if using multiple photos, they must overlap/touch each other. Optional: frames may be used.

3. Add elements anywhere around 3 sides of your photo(s), may add them over or under your photos, they can but don't have to touch the photo(s). You must leave one side unadorned with no elements.

4. Add a title or WA on that side that is unadorned with no elements. You will apply one of the paint dipping techniques to the title/wordart.

5. Add one more element that has been paint dipped anywhere on your page.

6. Add journaling/text/wordart anywhere on your page.

7. Finish your page off with date strip or text if desired, but not required.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    umyesh likes this.
  2. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

bcgal00 likes this.
  3. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

I dipped the title, the frame and the heart
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  4. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

5. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

The paint dipping is on the title (SNOW) and on the trees below. I overlapped my title onto the photo on the unadorned side.

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I think I did it- or almost- a C&S layout? ha. It was fun anyway- not piling on this time!
    [​IMG]

gypzywind and bcgal00 like this.
  7. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

It is in TLP Challenges but not in Speed Scrap sub catagory but NBK and didn't know how to move it.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  8. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Mine

I dripped the 'snow' in the titling and a part of the big frame

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  9. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank for this challenge!

[​IMG]

julianz, bcgal00 and cfile like this.
  10. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Interesting challenge! Thanks for the inspiration!
    [​IMG]
    I used the technique on the title, frame, snippet, and bird button.

bcgal00 likes this.
  11. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Really Liked This Challenge!...It Was Fun Playing Around With The Brushes,Color & Paint...I Was Playing Around & Painted A Really Pretty Flower...It was A Soft Orange & I Added A Soft Pink To The Bottom...It Looked Really Neat!...So Away I Went Creating My Layout...I Ended Up Using The Same Flower Four Times In My Layout...In Various Sizes & Placements...And Just For Fun!...I Painted The "Just Do Art" Large WA Which Was Originally B&W...Now Has A Mixture Of Brushes I Used To Apply Blue Paint To It!...We Are All Artists Here...And Appropriate To This Challenge...My Layout Is About Being An Artist...About Just Going For It & Being Creative In Whatever Manner Works For You!...It's About Self-Expression & Your Creations Being An Extension Of Who You Are As A Person...And Also Being Infused With Pieces Of Your Life,Your Loves,Your Hates,Your Sense Of Humor,Your Darkest Days,Your Brightest Days,Your Days Of Celebration,Your Days Of Milestones,Your Days Of Craziness & Madness Too!...Basically Everything That Makes You Who You Are & What Makes Your Life So Special To You!...

*For My The Art Of Living Layout-I Used:Artist-Sabrina's Creations

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    bcgal00 likes this.
  12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for helping me scrap this page with your layout challenge instructions.
    Paint dipped items:
    Woven Star.
    Title Piece.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

So sorry I missed the chat. I fell asleep on the recliner. LOL! Here is my page, I've paint dipped the title (Family) as well as the butterfly at the center top.

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  14. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

I love this technique! I already did this for the MOC challenge, but made another page for the slow scrap. I dipped the WA on the right of the photos and the circle tag.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  15. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

I dipped the title and one flower
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  16. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Added pant drip to words and heart round at upper right
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  17. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks for the instructions and tips Rae! Here's my page:
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  18. Farwen

Farwen Well-Known Member

19. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I couldn't attend the chat, it was too late for me...but I tried the bevel/emboss here, on my flower...thanks for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  20. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

Went to bed last night with this half finished and completely changed it this morning. I think (hope) I've met all the slow scrap requirements.
    For MOC Day 23: Paint Dipping
    [​IMG]
    The title/alpha is dipped twice - a more heavy diagonal dip in blue followed by a lighter dip/brush with paint in the orange colour.
    The dangling heart tag also has orange paint brushed on it.

credits:

This Life Here by Lynn Grieveson
    Bristol Kit by Lynn Grieveson
    Paia Minikit by Lynn Grieveson
    Frame-O-Mania 2 by Kim Jensen
    Moby Kit by Lynn Grieveson
    Magic Moments: Exploring the UK Whatnots by Bella Gypsy
    Dovely MiniKit by Lynn Grieveson

bcgal00 likes this.