MOC-How are you doing so far?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by rach3975, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I'm a day behind. (I haven't done today's and I don't think I'll start it before tomorrow's is posted since I'm about to hop in bed lol.)

This is the first MOC where I have an actual job so it's been tough. (It's also just bad timing because this gig ends in March...if only it didn't start until after MOC, so I'd have more time to scrap lol!) I had a lot of lesson planning to do this weekend so I'm rather proud of myself for being only one day behind. I'm hoping to make two pages tomorrow so I'm all caught up. But that's what's so great about MOC: yes, it's a challenge a day but it isn't an actual 24-hour time frame for each of the 31 challenges. Can you imagine if it were? *faints*

rach3975, cfile, Karen and 1 other person like this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Gotcha! So, when mine does that, here's what works for me:
    Stamp a new layer. The shortcut is "ctrl"+ "shift" +"alt"+ "e".
    Then, I drag that layer, and only that layer, over to a new document.
    Then I use the save for web action.
    I don't know what catches that makes the file stay large, but my stamp a layer trick has worked so far!

LOL! My student acct expires tomorrow. Since I'll get it back in 4 months (I have another art class), I'm thinking I'll go with the photography plan. Mostly because I love Lightroom! Otherwise, I'd pull out my PSE.

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Did she make it to Christmas break? I missed whether your gig started in December or not.

4. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I'm finally caught up. I stumped myself and got behind on day 1, because I just *had* to do a specific layout, and then couldn't figure out how to pull it off - and when I did finally get it done and posted I realized I neglected to note one of the rules and had to go back and fiddle around to make it fit the requirements. It was downhill from there.

Until today. Yay! It's much better to be hoping the next challenge isn't late instead of praying that it is.

bestcee likes this.
  5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

No, she didn't! I ended up working 7 school days before break for her. But winter break doesn't count towards her maternity leave, so if you ask me, it worked out for her!

bestcee, Karen and Angela Toucan like this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have 3 completed so far, but I know what I want to do for the others, plus I have a scrappy weekend with a friend this coming weekend so I'm not at all worried. :agree I've been painting my kitchen walls and cabinets for the last two weeks, so once I finish that process and clean that up, I'll be golden too! :)

Angela Toucan likes this.
  7. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Well Courtney, why in the moment of stress, can I not think of this. It's such a great tip!!! Thank you. Hoping to remember next time.

8. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I'm stuck on the 10 frames page, but am good apart from that (and today's template which I will do after work).

I thought I would have a hard time with the grid technique one (PSE user) but I did my own work around, although I have to say I'm not really sure how I did it to replicate for the future!

9. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I just finished #6 of 6! last year I wasn't able to complete it, mostly because I procrastinated and lost focus. I cannot even believe the amount of regret and scrapping guilt I had over not completing it (which is silly, I know).
    This year I made it a priority already, and prepped my brain ahead of time. :giggle

rach3975 and Angela Toucan like this.
  10. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I am up to date and on track. I have done one a day as they come up. I think the one I nearly hyperventilated upon was the 10+ frames, but after finishing it, it’s my favorite so far!! I don’t typically use frames - just white strokes around my photos - and I never even THOUGHT of them as layering/texturing items!

The grid wasn’t difficult except that I had a hard time getting the colors that I saw in my head, but again - loved the end result!

The thing I love about MOC is that it challenges me to get out of a rut and try different things. I need to use that creativity more in my pages when I am not scrapping for MOC.

11. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I have uploaded one. Another is finished on my computer and the third is open and being fiddled with on my desktop. So I guess I am fifty percent done or behind depending on how you look at it, lol

12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I've completed and posted two. I have another two ready to go, but since I'm doing videos along with the layouts, it takes quite a bit longer. I'll catch up though!

13. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

are you videoing all your MOC pages?

gonewiththewind likes this.
  14. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

I've completed the first 2, but I'm hoping to get caught up this week.

15. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

This is me this morning upon seeing Day 6 challenge:
    [​IMG]
    LOL!!! I would not consider myself a "scrapper" (digitally). Art Journal is my jam. I can see where the template would have great appeal to traditional scrappers. It's just way too many clusters and stuff for me. I will see what i can do- after all, it is a challenge, right?!!:giggle:gigglep :carryon

LynnG likes this.
  16. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Four out of six done. I prioritised PL2020 this afternoon, because I really want that to work this year. Week 1 is finished, so that’s a start.
    I think I will go back after dinner and play with todays template challenge.

rach3975 likes this.
  17. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I'm a bit behind, but I'm taking this week off so I'm planning to catch up! After not scrapping for so long, I'm so grateful my EHD full of supplies still works and that lots of the TLP kits I had are still in the store. So now I just need to look for some frames and also check out what today's challenge is!

rach3975 likes this.
  18. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

2 out of 6. I did not even turn on the computer yesterday. However, I have a scrapping weekend (Thursday through Sunday) coming up the weekend after next, so I should be able to catch up! Nothing like dedicated scrapping time to reset the Mojo. Friend and I are meeting at a hotel half-way between our houses for dedicated scrapping and friend catch-up time.

19. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I had a similar problem with the template from day 4 and there was almost nothing on the page. I was using Cheryl's Save for Web action and could not get it under 2MB no matter how much I reduced the quality. I ended up saving it using the Export, Legacy Save for Web option on PSCC on Windows. That made a 56KB file. Go figure....

kimingvtx likes this.
  20. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm still current - let's see what's coming up though. I might not be saying this in a few days.