It's Here! Colour of the Year! | Pad Patter 3 Jan

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jan 3, 2020.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I like it! and the description is pretty accurate for color science. Blue is a color used for rooms/places that need calming or cooling. I'm painting my bedroom a darker blue (BenMoore Hale Navy) this year but I'll go with this one for scrapping. I'm kind of getting tired of the grays that have been so prevalent in (non scrap related) products over the past couple year.

btw, I first learned of the science of color way back when I worked at an insurance agency. We women had no place to eat (No eating at desks) so we had to eat in the bathroom! ugh. Finally we got a small 'break room' which they painted an intense orange. Orange is a color to get you out of there quickly! c.f McDonalds

AJK and bellbird like this.
  2. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

There has been a lot of pink lately. I'm ready to move on to blue.

HavaDrPepper and bellbird like this.
  3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

[​IMG]
    hmph:D

gonewiththewind and bellbird like this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

[​IMG]

Karen and bellbird like this.
  5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I don't pay any attention to these types of things. I do like the blue though

bellbird likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I was looking at this a few days ago and was thinking *meh*. I'm not a huge fan of blue. It may be because my whole house was decorated in that fabulous (haha) country blue from 30ish years ago.

Karen and bellbird like this.
  7. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I like it! It's classic and goes with the new season of Doctor Who and the TARDIS!

Karen, bellbird and bonnenuit like this.
  8. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

lol

bellbird likes this.
  9. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

And I thought I was the only pink hater. And yes, I look at a kit preview and don't even stop if the amount of pink is too high. Because, who has time to re-color?

But on the other hand, I do use it from time to time - even used it on a page today.

bellbird likes this.
  11. BevG

bellbird likes this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I like both those shades (thanks for links - I was a bit meh about this year's blue to star with but given Pantones track record, it's not so bad to me - but c'mon, u don't use pink on pages of Mei?!

13. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I like it - it is sort of a dependable/classic blue (but the description is a bit much, lol!). I don't think it's for me for home decorating (at least not more than a splash here or there) but I have recently bought several shirts that have this color in it.

14. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I do have a couple kits that are primarily pink because they were what I needed for specific photos. But the other kits that pink is not the primary color but is still there. Nope. I love purple and most kits that have purple also have pink. Why is my question when there are other colors that could be used. Give me a kit with purple, red and black and I would be ecstatic!

BevG likes this.
  15. lealawson

lealawson Well-Known Member

LOVE this shade of blue, and I think the description/reasoning behind it is pretty fantastic too. Sure, it's a big wordy and over the top...but I think that's okay. I come from a state with expansive, big skies (Montana) and I'm also a pretty deep thinker. So, I guess this just speaks to me. :)

bonnenuit likes this.
  16. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Etsy has just put out their colour of the year as well - Chartruese - certainly not blue...
    Also slightly less detail in their description - "This Statement making shade is known for evoking feelings of growth and harmony. Plus? It's pretty darn rad." They are not even trying compared to Pantone :giggle

[​IMG]
    tbh - not totally rapt in either of them...

17. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Boring!

Nothing wrong with blue or this type of blue, I actually like it, but it’s definitely not creative or original. It’s just.. blue.

I loved last year’s colour! Living coral, right? In still planning to paint a cabinet in that colour.

18. BevG

Sometimes -- but she likes yellow better. She never was a girly girl. I only dressed her in pink until about age 3 when she told me she needed to pick out her clothes at the store. So yeah, rarely pink now.

19. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I personally love blue! And nothing wrong with an old classic!
    Was I the only one to think this would be an awesome lift for a scrapbook page!!?
    5969A8CA-696B-408E-A532-3860D1E7E8D6.jpeg