Last Minute | Pad Patter 12.22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Dec 22, 2019.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm heading out the door to grab some stocking stuffers and then to get groceries for Christmas food. I'm just doing appetizers/grazing food, so that when people stop by there is something to eat. I also ordered a big tray of chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-A that I will pick up on Christmas Eve. After that, I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

Anyone else doing anything last minute things?

jenn mccabe likes this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

everything is last minute around here this year - thank goodness I have a small family thats all I'll say

IntenseMagic and jenn mccabe like this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Yes! We were out yesterday grabbing last minute GCs. Still not sure what the Christmas menu is yet - but we did pick up a few appetizer/grazing foods yesterday. My daughter said she'd go tomorrow to the grocery store for me while I'm at work and grab what we need. So today ... it's menu finalizing!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

We're baking today. Hubby is out doing the food shopping. Anything else that's not completed is being discarded/postponed. I did that last year with my new table decorations that were not finished, we got them new for this year instead.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I grabbed DH's stocking stuffers yesterday. I only thought about his stocking after reading @bonnenuit's reply to the stocking stuffers thread. She mentions her husband's stocking and it made me realize I hadn't purchased anything for my DH's yet. Whoops.

Usually I have everything wrapped well before Christmas but I have some stuff yet to wrap for my extended family. I just ran out of time when I was wrapping and I keep saying "I'll finish it up soon." Well, soon better be today!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

No last minute gifts but I do want to get a nice cuddly mattress topper for the bed my granddaughter will use over her holiday visit. Wish I had thought of this earlier!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

I'll be heading out after work tonight to get apples and potatoes for homemade applesauce and latkes tomorrow night. We will have our family Chanukah party and spend the evening together.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

rach3975, corsicar and IntenseMagic like this.
  8. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Finishing setting up my Dad's new phone this morning ... had to wait until I knew he wouldn't be on his email so I could "hide" the "welcome" emails from Apple, lol!!!

Then I "reserved" a double burner griddle to make French toast on Christmas morning, decided my original griddle is gone for good. I've been looking for it for a few years now ... I think my older two grandsons took it camping and left it when the cops raided the field they (and a bunch of others) were camping in. Lost a tent, sleeping bags, etc. Darn boys. Anyhow I need to run to Bed, Bath and Beyond and pick it up.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I am currently procrastinating! :-) We leave tomorrow to go to our place in Michigan, whatever isn't done by now isn't getting done. However, that said, I am going over to the craft studio in a few minutes to sew more gift bags for Christmas. But I'm doing that more just to catch up with the studio owner since she's been out of town all month vs. really needing more bags for Christmas.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm working today and maybe tomorrow morning so have to fit in the leftover errands and chores i.e. wrapping, baking, housecleaning. Might have to head out for some more wrapping paper but won't know til late tonight when I get started at it. I always seem to be scrambling on Xmas Eve day to get things finished up. Dinner tomorrow night will be a casserole, super easy and can take it over to eat with Bailey. I'm making some pork/cheese balls tonight too to bring over. I might not get a lot of sleep tonight LOL.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I got the rest of my last minute gifts today from Amazon!! I love walking to my front door and getting my "shopping".

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Tomorrow morning I have to go to the grocery store just to get a couple of things and then I'll come home and prep food for Christmas Eve night (everyone always comes over here and we do snack type foods), straighten up the house a bit (already has been cleaned) and then I'll be good to go!

13. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Today i used my cameo to cut out the "from santa" gift tags, and i finally printed all the zentangle instruction/pattern idea pages for my daughter's gift and my niece's gift. I wrapped the last few gifts i had. Tomorrow i have to work until noon, then I'm done. I think I'll get to spend the rest of Christmas eve letting the kids do Christmas crafts, watching Christmas movies, hopefully driving around to look at lights... this is probably the first year this has been the case. I'm loving it.

We aren't expecting visitors, we have all the food we need until at least Thursday, so we don't have to go anywhere or do anything...

14. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We were out of town last weekend doing Christmas with my family in western WA (which means I"m 100% ready for Christmas) but we have NO groceries... I seriously have to go to the grocery store today (Christmas Eve!!!) just so we can survive for the next few days! lol! I should've planned that one better....

15. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I have to clean the downstairs bathroom and make up dd’s bed. They decided last minute to stay the night tonight with the . Not much else left to do today - trifle to make and the table to set for tomorrow’s dinner. Also need to figure out what we’re having for breakfast tomorrow.
    This year has been much more relaxing than usual, even though it’s my turn to host dinner this year. We even had time to go to Happy Hour at our local winery yesterday afternoon.