Xmas tree up, is yours?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bcgal00, Dec 8, 2019.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Ugh....I used to get so frustrated b/c no matter how often I watered it, it would start to dry out and all the needles would fall and before I could vacuum/sweep, the needles would stick to our dog and get tracked all over the house and into the carpet. I don't miss that at all :)

jk703 likes this.
  2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

No tree for us yet. Hubby’s been traveling a lot for business lately and the tree is too heavy for me to get it down from the top of the garage by myself. Maybe we’ll get it put up sometime this week. If not at least we have the Christmas lights on the house outside so the rest of the world thinks were ready for Christmas. :giggle

bcgal00 likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh I hadn't thought of just taking them out for hot cocoa and getting pictures of that instead.... hmmm... and the no watering, all leading me closer and closer to the fake tree. Plus, we paid $74 for our tree this year. It's INSANE! I know a lot of that cost is because they provide Belgium horse drawn wagons and free hot cocoa and the experience of being there, but it goes up every year. Eep!

bcgal00 and jk703 like this.
  4. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Our tree went up yesterday. This is the first year we've only had one tree. I've been putting up a fake tree in the basement and a real one on the main floor for years but finally said enough this year! So now we're just having the fake one upstairs. I know I won't miss the watering, needles dropping and overall mess that a real one creates but I will miss that wonderful pine scent. Scented candles just aren't quite the same.

bcgal00 and jk703 like this.
  5. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I have a fake slim tree which I love. It's cute and since it is only me and my hubby, it is perfect. I thas lights but no decorations. 4 mo old kitty would destroy it. Trying to figure this out!

bcgal00 likes this.
  6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I did a deep clean of my house yesterday and then put up the Christmas decorations & the tree (and decorated the tree too). We've had a pre-lit fake tree for a few years now. But ... some of the lights are starting to go. There was a small stand near the top last year that would go on and off randomly. This year there are definitely more lights that are out. I think this fake tree is nearing its life expectancy. Ugh!

We always did real trees for the experience when the kids were younger. I do love the look, smell, etc of a real tree - but it's just easier on everyone to have a fake one. My son doesn't live at home and my daughter doesn't care if the tree is even up or not. I do it for ME! ;)

jk703 likes this.
  7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Yes! Ours is up. We actually put it up and decorated it the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Usually, we wait until afterward but we were antsy plus we had some extra time. So we've been enjoying it for almost 2 weeks now!

bcgal00 likes this.
  8. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

We put our tree up a few days ago but left it sitting undecorated to let our new cats get used to it. We decorated it today but only with the unbreakable ornaments.
    2019-12-09 19.14.20.jpg

bcgal00, MiekSter and gonewiththewind like this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

All of your trees are so lovely!

Ours went up on November 23rd . . . all the other decorations went out within the next 2 or 3 days from then.

Here's our tree:

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  10. gonewiththewind

And I should add that the skirt is all messed up because CAT. Holly Belle loves to be under there. We put another blanket under the skirt to make it look fuller and basically all that did was give her the idea that it was an even better bed and flouncing/trouncing place than previous years! LOL

bcgal00, Karen and bonnenuit like this.
  11. Karen

We FINALLY got our tree decorated last night! Yay!!! My hubby was gone, but he doesn't really care if he gets to help or not, so I just started stringing the lights and my youngest saw me working on it and came out to help. I texted the 15 YO boy a couple times and finally sent him a picture of his "baby's 1st Christmas" ornament and he came out and put that one on the tree and one more and then went back to his room. :giggle Silly boy. At least it's done for another year. :agree

bcgal00 likes this.
  12. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

We've got a real tree this year, I've filled it with some 'funny' balls this year (like the tiger heads, sushi, flamingo etc) there's a Dutch design brand that makes them and they are so pretty (and also very expensive...) I asked them for Christmas last year, I hope Santa will be nice for me and give me some more this year.

kerstboom.jpg

Attached Files:

bcgal00 likes this.
  13. gonewiththewind

14. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

We have gotten a real tree every year since my daughter was born EXCEPT last year. My husband was fresh from back surgery and it was too much to go get a real one on my own... so I ordered a fake one from Home Depot and had it delivered.

This year it is back to real and I love it so much. I got one a bit too tall and the Star didn’t fit. Ah well. We put it up the day after Thanksgiving.

I snapped this quick the other day to show my mom. Sorry if it is huge- I am on my phone and can’t tell.

4087BA34-9DFE-490B-A54E-CF365207F1A6.jpeg

gonewiththewind likes this.
  15. gonewiththewind

@GlazeFamily3 Such a gorgeous tree! Looks almost too perfect to be real! LOL

GlazeFamily3 likes this.
  16. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Our tree is up but there are just lights in it so far!

17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

So many pretty trees!!
    We put ours up several days ago.
    IMG_5197 (Edited).JPG
    I tried something out of my norm this year- theme was stars and palette supposed to be white/midnight blue/gold but turned out the blue didn't show. :/ I had a lot of fun making "poured' stars and book page stars,
    stars.jpg IMG_5176.JPG
    and they came out well but they don't really show on the tree. Think I will revert to my colorful trees next year! lol

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  18. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

The tree has been up since the 1st, but here we are 11 days later & there are still no ornaments on it, ha! At least it's a pre-lit tree, so beautiful from outside & still nice to look at.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  19. Karen

Those are SO cool! I love the blue stars! Now you just need a flocked tree... or a all white tree! Wouldn't that be fun!?!?!

AJK likes this.
  20. Karen

We put ours up on the 1st too and JUST decorated it on Monday night. We didn't even have lights on it or anything. It's was so sad looking.