Kitchen Aide Stand Mixer

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Karen, Oct 28, 2019.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I hope you love it @Karen !

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

So far I do! I got to use it for the first time last night. Seems pretty easy. I did learn a few things like don't put the beater on until after you're done putting stuff in the bowl cuz it was hard to pour stuff in around the beater from a bigger bowl even with the thing tilted up. :giggle

How many of you have an extra bowl? I made cream cheese pumpkin muffins last night (SO GOOD and pretty healthy!) and I had two kinds of batter... first the pumpkin base and then the cream cheese bit for the top. I just washed the bowl and beater fast between, which is probably best so I don't have to figure out where to store as extra bowl. I was just curious how often you need two bowls?

Also, I saw that there was a flat beater with a built in scrapper, does anyone have one? Seems like that could be really handy because I did notice the regular flat beater didn't mix everything on the edges or the bottom of the bowl.

3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

4. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

@Karen
    I do have 2 bowls, so nice to have At Christmas time when your making multi batches of cookies.

Karen likes this.
  5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I want a second bowl, I am just so cheap! I don't want to pay what Amazon wants for one. LOL!!!! I have been looking at the scrapper beater one.

Karen likes this.
  6. bestcee

I want a second bowl, but I always talk myself out of it. I just rinse between.
    You did the dime test right? I occasionally have stuff on the side, but I just use a spatula. I don't typically have anything on the bottom not mixed in.

Also, you have a stainless steel bowl? Or glass? The dime test is only for stainless steel.

Dalis and Karen like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

NO! I didn't! Cool. I will definitely try this out tomorow. Thank you for posting this! :)

bestcee likes this.
  8. Dalis

Never heard of the dime test. I bet I will be doing this really soon!

Karen and bestcee like this.
  9. bestcee

@Dalis @Karen Enjoy! My KA came a little too far down, so I learned the dime test right away!

Dalis likes this.
  10. Dalis

I think mine might be a bit too low but it's due to use.

bestcee likes this.
  11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thank you @bestcee for info on the dime test! Who knew? not me! and @Karen congratulations on your KA and thank you for the link to the flat beater with the scraper. I'd bought one (and a couple attachments) for my chef son and his wife when they got married. I never got around to getting one for me! Now mine should be here tomorrow! Great enabling. :giggle

Re the 2nd bowl, my one thought is where do I store THAT! Since it's stainless steel it is really easy to wash quickly - if I ever planned to use it for something else so soon. I'm really not a baker - as I don't need the pounds/kilos or stone!

12. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Omg! We had a store credit from an appliance store. Basically if you didn’t use your warranty on your appliance they returned some of what you paid back to you. Since we redid the whole kitchen, our credit was quite large. So I got a bright red kitchen aid mixer! Andirons still sits in its box keeping my instapot company in the basement.

13. bestcee

LOL! I feel this way about the pizelle maker I had high hopes for.

14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

lucky girl - enjoy it Karen. one day I'll splurge!

Karen likes this.