going back | Pad Patter 6 Sep

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Sep 6, 2019.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

It's (supposedly) the start of Spring here so in the spirit of spring cleaning i've been doing some of the 'not weekly' stuff i procrastinate on a lot of the time (cleaning out the oven, above the rangehood, the stainless steel, venetian blinds that collect dust & dusting things i need to stand on a chair to reach etc). We have 2 chock-a-block shelves in the laundry of cleaning supplies and i must have bought every single product in the cleaning aisle at the shops at least once because there are so many different products in there (yes, Kayla, you got me thinking and i will confess i hoard cleaning supplies too!) but i always find i try them, get annoyed, stick them back in the cupboard and go back to good old bicarb and vinegar or lemon juice, soapy water and the 'old ways'.

Foodwise, i know i do the same thing with cereal - i will try different cereals that catch my eye every few months or so (usually it's something i saw on the end of an aisle and impulse bought and usually it's some kind of muesli) but generally i don't finish the box and i know now it's because i always go back to porridge/ instant oats.

So my topic for today is 'What do you find you always go back to?'
    Or maybe it's a 'who' or a 'where'?
    You've tried coffee or got your hair cut elsewhere but they just didn't compare and you found yourself going back to your fave barista/hairdresser? Or you've vacationed/holidayed in different areas a few times but find yourself going back to some place in particular more often than not? (And have you tried other hobbies and come back here to scrapping? :giggle)

KarenB likes this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’ve worn glasses all my life and keep going back to the same independent optometry practice for probably the last 3 pairs now (so roughly 5 years) even though it’s not local to me at all - they have excellent deals, good service and most importantly get my prescription right.

I’ve also convinced my best friend and another friend to go to them as well as we were all over the indifferent and awful service we’d been getting from the major optometry chains here.

bellbird likes this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I keep going back to the same shop to buy my walking shoes - and this year it paid off! They gave me 30% off since this was my 6th pair. I didn't even know I was working on a discount!

bellbird and AJK like this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

My hairdresser. I hate the way I look when he does my hair - but I can manage it myself after that so that's why I love him doing my hair - he does what I ask him too and nothing dramatic or creative, and I have been going to him for around 10 years.

bellbird likes this.
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Hair !![​IMG] I've had several different experiences with hair stylists. One great, the rest either "meh" or horrid. So I always go back to cutting it myself. There are enough images/videos that help. Plus, I always watched very closely when someone cut my hair, so I can do the layering and "lay" of the hair.
    And in line with @BevG - I love Earth brand shoes- super support and cushion-y. They last a loooooooooooong time too!

bellbird likes this.
  6. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Interesting question! I'm fairly adventurous and always willing to try new things. Even though I sometimes I regret my choices, I don't regret that I tried something different (if that makes any sense). I could never eat the same dinner every night, but I'm content to eat the same thing for breakfast every day, lol. There are definitely things I gravitate to -- little things like the shape of the toe box on shoes (I prefer comfort to pointy-toed alternatives), etc.

bellbird likes this.
  7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I try to be as "natural" and harsh-chemical-free, but one thing I keep going back to is CLR Bath and Kitchen. I use it in the shower stalls; it gets the grout clean without hurting it (unlike the vinegar mix I like to use on counters and sinks). I've tried other cleaners, both gentle/natural and extra strength chemical ones lol, but I really like the CLR.

And IDK if this is exactly what you meant, but I can't quit Android phones. I don't like iPhones. I have an iPod for listening to podcasts and messaging my friends with iPhones, but I don't like the actual PHONE part of the iPhone, so I stick with Android ... though I'm not loyal to one make/model of the phone itself.

bellbird and HavaDrPepper like this.