Monthly Muse - July '19 Index card - Week 4

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Sokee, Jul 22, 2019.

1. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Great Monthly Muse!...After Week#3...I Really Had To Do Some Thinking On How To Proceed To Week#4...Upon Deciding That I Really Did Like My Newly Renovated Version Of My Original Quote...I Decided To Go With That & Cover It Partially...I Wrote The Quote Without The Original Parts Present...I Liked The Way It Looked Better In Regards To What I Had In Mind For The Final Layout Design...It Looked Great To Me!...So I Went For It...But In That Same Vein...It Gave Me A New & Reinvigorated Zest For Life(Layout-Wise...)...It Needed Brighter,Bolder Colors & Lots More Zip & Contrast Than My Week#3 Design...This One Was Somewhat Reimagined But Also Hung On To Many Of The Week#3 Parts From That Layout...Everything I Used...Had To Be Recolored To Coordinate With My New "Zestier" Layout Design...But In The End I Really Liked The Brighter,Bolder Colors & I Think They Definitely Expressed How I Was Feeling & What I Was Thinking...

*For My The Missing Part 3 Layout-I Used:

*Citron/Salt Air/A Quiet Place-Bundle/Index Card Supplied For This Challenge-All By Rachel Jefferies
    *Art Crush No.17-NBK Design
    *The Good Life:June-Marisa Lerin(3)

[​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  2. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I rather liked my quote as well, but also liked the idea of covering/hiding the index card, so I used some paint colors to go with the sunset and a moon as well, then semi hid the card with a field of lavender. Fun challenge.
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  3. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

My page

[​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  4. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I started with the paint and everything just followed like - well I was going to say like puppies on a leash but they don't follow too well, do they?

I planned on "and now for something completely different," but nope. I followed the same guidelines as the previous three weeks simply because that's what worked. (Come up with a quote, add a definition, cover a word), The palm trees from the mid-month piece came into play when I realized the paint bits look beachy; the top paint has an edge that immediately made made me think how the palm fronds would fit.

I'm not over the moon about the finished piece, but I am over the moon that it's finished, that I completed the whole month. It's nice to be back in the saddle.

[​IMG]

Sokee and BevG like this.
  5. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I was quite smitten with my book quote so I also decided to keep it. I also used a couple of stock photos of northern flicker birds (extracted one to make a sticker + another vintage one) to emphasize the quote:
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  6. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thanks for a different and fun challenge, I kept the card too....don't know why most of us did that, strange really
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  7. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I kept parts of my original card that fit.
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  8. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

My first three weeks...
    011.jpg
    ...and my final page
    [​IMG]
    It was fun! Thank you for the challenge!

Sokee likes this.
  9. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

@RJMJ

Congratulations, you have won the $5 coupon for this months MM!

10. RJMJ

@Sokee That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Thank You! So Much For Liking My Index Card Interpretations!...I Enjoyed This MM Challenge Very Much!...Great! Original Idea! & So Much Creative Fun!...:clap

Sokee likes this.
  11. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

don't ask me what happened between July and Sept, realised today i never finished this, just quietly dropping this in here and backing back out again hoping nobody notices :assslap:eyeroll:sorry
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

13. RJMJ