Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 2 Discussion *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Apr 21, 2019.

1. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Episode 2 felt to me in many ways like a traditional war story. There's almost always the night before battle scenes whether it's around a campfire or someplace else, sharing a final drink or food, stories, songs etc. It's the quiet moments before the storm. So we got all the feels from Jaime knighting Brienne, Sam giving Heartsbane to Ser Jorah to wield in battle, Arya with The Hound, Arya with Gendry, and many more moments.

I'd say Dany is not at all happy about Jon being the legitimate heir to the Iron Throne. She has not always governed wisely or well. She is not about to let the North be free.

I'll have to go back and watch more closely to see Ghost.

Ferdy and weaselwatchr like this.
  2. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

@bonnenuit I feel like Dany rules with too much emotion. I feel that her quest for the iron throne is her achilles heel, and will lead to her end.

3. weaselwatchr

@Ferdy If Arya kills Cersi wearing Jamie's face then Arya can cross Cersi's name off her list AND the prophesy of the witches come true in regards to Cersi dying at the hands of her brother.
    There was also a thing a shared that was a list of characters who committed murder and they way they were killed themselves was exactly how their victims perished. That being said, Tyrion should die at the hands of Bronn using the crossbow he used to kill his father...if it was his father....

Ferdy likes this.
  4. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

@weaselwatchr I read about this thing too, re the deaths of characters...like what happened with Olenna, she died with poison/she killed Joffrey with poison...well, I don't want to see Tyrion dead! nor Jaime, but I know it will happen someway ...

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. weaselwatchr

I do have to admitthough, I hate when they shoot in the dark because I can never tell what is happening and it looks like the whole next episode was shot in that style. I will be squinting the whole time.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Ferdy likes this.
  6. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

This is me! I watch it in the morning as soon as the kids have left for school (first airs at 2am here so I record it and watch as soon as I can!) and have to draw all the curtains, close the blinds, shut all the doors and hope for an overcast day so I can see what's happening! :giggle

I cheered when Ghost appeared! FINALLY! I also cried when Sansa reunited with Theon, and when Jaime knighted Brienne. Like proper rolling down my cheek tears. I know I'm being toyed with by having all this heart-warming stuff before they break my heart with the next episode.

I'm worried about the crypt. Especially about Gilly and baby Sam in there. Ugh. I can't help but feel that hiding in the place where there are dead bodies isn't a good idea when the baddie coming to get you can do magic things and raise the dead. Add in the fact that they keep saying how safe it is suggests that it is NOT SAFE AT ALL! Have they not seen this show?!

I want to know more about the connection between Bran and the Night King. I feel like there's something more here that will be revealed soon, I also think Bran might be key in (hopefully) defeating him.

I'm stocking up on the tissues for next week. I keep mentally adding people to my "please don't kill them off" list and I can't believe they are all going to make it :cry

weaselwatchr and Ferdy like this.
  7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I was ok with it not being an action packed episode. I know it's coming and as much as I want to see the fight....I don't LOL. I am not ready to see some of the main characters die so am trying to psych myself up for it. I'm pretty sure I'll be bawling my eyes out these next 4 episodes.

I was misty eyed watching Brienne get knighted, Sansa hugging Theon and its about time that Arya got laid.

I'm dreading what is coming with Jon and Daenerys. They can't both rule so one will die, I'm sure, but whether it's by the other's hand or someone else....we'll see probably in the last episode.

weaselwatchr, KarenW and Ferdy like this.
  8. Ferdy

and I keep reading the posts about theories from the fandom, that @weaselwatchr posts on her facebook...my mind is blowing with the possibilities...and I don't want to see my favorites dead also!! :overreact:hug

weaselwatchr likes this.
  9. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I missed Ghost's reappearance as well, no little one to distract me but two dogs deciding they were going to wrestle ugh. Going to have to rewatch as I missed a few of the conversations.

I really hope Arya doesn't kill The Hound, I have always kind of liked him. He has that "I'm bad and cranky" attitude but the good in him has shown a few times as well. He could have killed Arya a few times but did not. I want to see The Hound get his revenge on his brother The Mountain.

Another character I love is Bronn, he has had some of the best lines and the faces he pulls crack me up.

Brann is just too weird for me but love all the memes that have been created.

10. Ferdy

I'm on the team Hound too! I hope he kills his brother, but remember: what is dead may never die...I don't remember what kind of spell they did to re-live him!

I don't believe Bronn will kill Tyrion...I hope not! and Bran will help to tell the story....I hope so!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  11. weaselwatchr

@Kate I just saw an article today that said they are shooting in natural light or by candle light indoors to give the scenes a more authentic feel. All I know is I can't see anything, lol

I also am having a bad feeling about the crypt and the demise of Sam's family. I think they will be killed to make is character more tragic. He will live though because he is the maester and will need to live to tell the stories of the war with the dead.

I honestly don't know how I am going to get through next Sunday. I will be a mess.

Kate and Ferdy like this.
  12. Ferdy

I'm glad I'm not the only one with trouble to see the scream! lol!! well, I could not see Ghost at the premiere night, only when I re-watched it during the day...

once I read an article saying that who's telling this whole story is Sam...I remember of a time when one of the maesters told him, joking, something like that, to write a book...

weaselwatchr and Christina W like this.
  13. weaselwatchr

Episode 3 is going to be the death of me too.

And I think Gentry put a baby in there, just saying. The heir of the iron throne has been conceived,lol.

Christina W and bcgal00 like this.
  14. weaselwatchr

I am sure I will post more, lol :giggle

Ferdy likes this.
  15. weaselwatchr

I think Arya's time to kill the Hound or want to kill him is in the past. I think when she left him for dead, she thought she had killed him anyway. I think she has grown up too and realizes that he did protect her.

I thkn Brann is going to die too and the three eyed Raven might go live in the Weirwood tree until there is a new raven picked.

Ferdy likes this.
  16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

It's not a ghost but GHOST the white ginormous wolf of John Snow.

17. Dalis

OMG, too funny!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  18. Dalis

I wanted more from episode 1 and 2 because I feel like with only 4 episodes left they are going to rush what's left!

weaselwatchr and Christina W like this.
  19. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

This is how I feel after this last episode:
    [​IMG]

Basically, I feel like all my favorite characters (who happen to all be side-characters) are dead. I don't even want to watch this week's upcoming episode!

My theory for this coming week - they are going to take heavy losses. The Night King won't show up - and if he does he "abducts" Bran. I think the dragon scene in all the visions over king's landing is the night king on viserion. It would be interesting if he skipped the battle and went straight there - raised a million plus wights...

Survivors regroup in Dragonstone where Melisandre and possibly some other followers of the Lord of Light will pop up to give the key to killing the Night King (since we already know plain ole fire does not kill him) I think Mel will sacrifice herself/die to forge the true Lightbringer by having the blade pierce her heart. From there I really don't know. I'm probably way off.

:( I don't want Davos, Brienne, The Hound, Sam, Gilly, Poddrick, Theon, TORMUND to die... I can't.

20. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I can't remember ever being so excited and at the same time, apprehensive for what's coming. I might need a drink LOL.

weaselwatchr and bonnenuit like this.