Happy Easter! | Pad Patter 4.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Apr 21, 2019.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful, blessed weekend whether or not you celebrate Easter! But if you do, do you have anything special planned for the day? Did you dye eggs? Planning a hunt? Have beautiful baskets? Having a special meal?

My oldest is out of town this weekend with his gf and their daughters. They are visiting her father in Indiana and he proposed to her on the Notre Dame campus yesterday :heartlub. I'm making some sliders, macaroni salad, and pie for later because I expect DD and her family to just come by "whenever". We haven't dyed eggs for a couple of years. Chance is not "into it" any more, so we haven't bothered. I was so excited that Easter was later this year because I thought it meant warmer weather, but Mother Nature had other plans and it's kind of chilly and drizzly right now. I did baskets for the 3 of us and am doing treat bags for everyone else. I was out running around last minute yesterday and didn't feel so well either, so I decided on easy :giggle

So, what's going on in your world this Easter Sunday?

SeattleSheri likes this.
  2. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

Happy Easter!

We are heading over to my sister's for dinner later. I made shimmer nest cupcakes yesterday with my younger daughter. I need to go clean up the mess from that this morning. :)

IntenseMagic and SeattleSheri like this.
  3. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Happy Easter. It’s just me and hubby so basically it’s like any other day for us when I am home from work. We have nothing food wise at the house so we need to go to the store which should be fun. Not sure what is open.

IntenseMagic and SeattleSheri like this.
  4. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

happy Easter everyone!! we are at home, waiting for my MIL , we will have a special meal, a traditional Portuguese recipe with cod fish...no small kids, so nothing about eggs!!

IntenseMagic, Karen and SeattleSheri like this.
  5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Happy Easter! We are visiting with my brother in Chicago this weekend. Going out to lunch with him and one of my cousins. Then an afternoon movie.

IntenseMagic, Karen and SeattleSheri like this.
  6. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

We did a community easter egg hunt yesterday with my littlest dude (almost 2). Today we have easter baskets for all three boys (older boys are 15, 12). My middle guy has a baseball game (who the heck schedules a baseball game on easter????) I hard-boiled the eggs yesterday and we'll dye them today. I bought a ham for dinner and we will have my mom over. My husband also hid some eggs filled with candy around the yard so we have our own little easter egg hunt.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Happy Easter everybody! Jan, congrats to your son and his new fiancé! How exciting that he proposed to her at Notre Dame! Asher will be here about 4, we have to share him with his dad, but we're planning a big egg hunt then. The Easter Bunny has already brought his basket and DH is fixing egg and sausage casserole for an early dinner. That's what the three of us voted on having. Stephanie and I still have to fill the eggs (not my favorite job since there are 30 of them).

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

The kids dug into their Easter baskets and then after I had breakfast they had a small egg hunt indoors (it rained Fri and yesterday and DS is in a cast so no outdoor fun today--too wet). Then DH went to the store and picked up our base cabinet and we installed that. Then he did some trim work and I did some paint work. I'll caulk this afternoon and later this week we'll install the granite countertop and the laundry room will be finished.

Not gonna lie: I'm debating going to the store for half off Easter candy. I feel so naughty but I really want more Reese's eggs.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Happy Easter everyone! :) I spent all morning at church. I'm in the church choir so we sing at 6:30am, 8:00am and 10:30 am services. I love Easter music, so I don't even mind getting up that early! :) Usually we head to my MILs for a late lunch, but she's out of town at my SILs house this weekend, so we are having a lovely day of downtime. I did fill some easter eggs after church and went outside to hide those while the kids were distracted... then sadly only the 13 YO wanted to hunt for them. The almost 15 YO decided he's too old for it. :giggle His brother was thrilled because he didn't have to race around grabbing eggs, he had no competition and he loved it.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Not a darn thing. However, I was going to puree some of the frozen Christmas ham shank for Dick to put over some instant mashed potatoes, which get way thinned down with milk. :funfun Not a great meal but one he can eat bit...by...bit. However, he's not even up to that today so I'm having a Trader Joe's Tikka Masal frozen dinner and he may end up with some soup I made via his feeding tube.

As tomorrow is his birthday, he'll get that ham and potatoes as his celebration dinner! The excitement never stops! That and one Lindt truffle which godwilling will just melt in his mouth!

IntenseMagic and Tree City like this.
  11. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you are having a great one where you are.

Just a quite long weekend at my place, nothing really planned, just having some relaxing family time. The girls are older so we don't do the egg hunt thing any more (they don't want to miss a sleep-in EVER!) and we don't do chocolate eggs either (everyone is watching their weight lol). So I have been reading and knitting and chilling with the family .... pretty much prefect really.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

We had a lunch at church after worship today and then we got home and relaxed -- and then I saw people's Easter photos on Facebook. Oh well. When Easter is low-key.... except for the worshiping part. Although dd did take a photo of me and two of my BFF at church today. Hmmm, I should get that from her - oh wait, that was on her friend's phone. It could be awhile before I see that photo.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We ran errands all day Friday (no school or work) to get ready for Easter. We had an egg hunt at a local church Saturday morning before I went over for the afternoon to help my parents clean out my grandfather's home. I went out Saturday evening after we dyed eggs to finish buying basket supplies and made a Spring cake. We had our at-home egg hunt Sunday morning before church and then had lunch at my sister's with my family where my kids got a second Easter basket from their great-aunt. We finished the afternoon at my parents' where my mom had hidden candy eggs all over the living room and had a third Easter basket for them.

Then I came home & crashed. :giggle

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

We had a busy day. Our exchange student from France is here which means we did more than we normally would have. We started with sunrise service on the beach at 6:30am. It was a beautiful day here! We only had to wear light jackets (some years we're all huddled up wearing parkas!). After that we went to breakfast and stopped by the grocery store to buy eggs to dye. The girls took a break in their rooms while I boiled the eggs (actually... I put them in the instant pot). They dyed eggs for quite a while... Marie, the exchange student, made some really pretty ones. After another break, we took a walk to have burgers and see Blue Man Group. We thought that would be fun for Marie... especially since they don't talk (she could enjoy the show without having to constantly translate). She loved it! No sooner had we gotten home when Clara got a text from a friend who is also hosting a French student. She wanted to know if she and Marie wanted to go out for dinner and ice cream... so they did!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Happy Easter! We just had a low-key brunch with grandparents at our house. The weather was gorgeous, so we played outside with the kids, tossed the baseball around & even some front porch sitting. It was perfect!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

HAd a lovely family and friend filled weekend. Lovely food and many laughs.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

I had a wonderful Easter. My daughter began working as a pastor of a church on April 1. Nothing like beginning your first call during lent and having Holy Week just two weeks into the job! We went to her church at 9:00 and our church at 11:00. Both services were wonderful. Then we had a big family dinner at my house.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Happy Belated Easter!!

We went to church, then drove to my in-laws for lunch. Simple, but a good day overall.

I used to decorate when the kids were little, but it got to be too much when they grew older (meaning more activities to bring them to) and I simply didn't have the time. I do miss it, but I also do love the one less box of decorations in my closet.

IntenseMagic likes this.