Blue Tooth|pad patter 3.20.2019

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Mar 20, 2019.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

this is brought to you from a member who just came back to scrapping. @GodBlessAmerica
    She is a walking blue tooth with a medical device in her back. Her comment in her reintroducing post got me thinking.
    Blue tooth?
    I have a few blue tooth speakers in my house, 2 stereos and my car has it too. I am a big listener of audio books and that is what I use it for mainly. My husband uses it for music.
    School me, what other things do y’all use bt for?

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I use it to pair my Fitbit to the app on my phone that’s it.

3. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

My husband's hearing aids connect to the TV with bt (when he uses them) lol.

4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Here I was hoping for a picture of an actual tooth that was blue! LOL!!!!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

now is that supposed to happen? or is it a phenomenon of extra fun?

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Mine has that, too. My son-in-law's pair with his iPhone. Who knew??? All I know is if my Bluetooth is turned off on my phone, nothing works. My iPhone pairs with my car so I can talk hands-free. I have so many devices "paired" that I always make sure my phone is paired with my car before I pull out. I'm unable to do that if I'm driving - for safety reasons.

7. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I only use blue tooth to connect to my JBL speaker, for music...if I wanna listen to spotify or radio, I connect from my cellphone or notebook.

8. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Ummm... to pair my phone in my car, if it decides to work. Otherwise, nada.

9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I have a mini Bluetooth speaker that connects to my phone so I can play music in the kitchen while I wash dishes without having to worry about my phone falling into the water.

I also have a Bluetooth-enabled remote shutter for my phone.

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have Bluetooth speakers in several rooms in the house and love them. I also have Bluetooth headphones. But my main use is in the car. I use it to talk to my mom on my way home from work or to listen to podcasts or Spotify.

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I use Bluetooth speakers in the house as well as in my car. I would love to have a device that I could control with my smart phone!

I also have a SCS (spinal cord stimulator) but I still have to use a remote to control the device implanted in my hip (connected to wires that run up my spinal cord) and a remote control recharger as well. I asked Jan about a kajillion questions in the other thread because I know when I have to have this one replaced in 5-8 years, that I will likely be able to get a bluetooth and/or some other technology we may not even know about yet. One thing I've seen is that you don't have to charge some of the newer SCS systems. It's really not a huge deal as I just set up to charge when I go to bed at night, every other night, sometimes every night depending on my setting and how active I've been . . . but still to just not think about it at all would be cool! LOL

bestcee likes this.
  12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have a JBL speaker that I use and my airpods connect to my phone, ipad and computer without wires. THAT is my favorite use of all time, especially when I'm watching Netflix while crocheting! My headphones cords used to get all tangled up in my yarn! :giggle

My new car also does BT to my phone so I can call hands free and that is pretty awesome too!

13. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

bluetooth speakers in the home for my music and in my car so I can do hands-free calling with my phone as well.

14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

My car has BT but I have the hardest time getting it to "hear" me when it's connected to my phone. My vehicle isn't like super loud and I don't think my voice is the problem either LOL, so maybe there's just some weird short in the system somewhere. my point is, I have Bluetooth but I don't use it in my car. Maybe it will work better in my next vehicle.
    So I only turn on my phone's Bluetooth when I want to sync my Fitbit.
    But I use BT with my iPod and my wireless headphones.

15. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

sonicare.JPG
    The newer fancy electric toothbrushes (I know sonicare & oral-B at least) have bluetooth capabilities- the sonicare has an app that will show you where you missed/where you spent too much time/where you put too much pressure, etc. My professional opinion on these is that I can barely get my patients to brush for a full 2 mins- let alone use an app to track it all! ;) Some of the younger kids like them... maybe it motivates them to spend more time! :) who knows!

As far as bluetooth in our house- we have some speakers, our cars, etc. The hubby's fancy electric car is actually almost ALL bluetooth. Our phones are our keys & use bluetooth to connect. It's kinda crazy!

Ferdy likes this.
  16. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Hubby's iphone connects to his car via blue tooth.
    I have used it very occasionally to copy stuff from one phone to another.
    Feel very withit- finally downloaded a podcast app and been listening to some Becky Higgins and Scrapbooking podcasts.

17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I have it on my iPhone but don't have any device to connect it to. It was one of the things on my new car list but I decided to keep my old and totally reliable paid for Golf. Not really feeling deprived!

18. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I use BT for my fitbit, my car, connecting phone to my laptop to download pics, I also use BT to use internet on my Kindle when I am away from the house.

19. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

We have Bluetooth in our car. I have a blue tooth radio/CD/speaker in my studio. I can connect it to my laptop and play whatever I have pulled up on my laptop: the volume is much better. I can't ever see me using the ear device- it would drive me bonkers, LOL!

20. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

We have Bluetooth phone handsets for our house cell. We replaced our land line with a cell phone that sits on my desk. It talks via Bluetooth to the main handset of our Link To Cell system, also on my desk. We have handsets around the house that talk back to the main unit via Bluetooth. So basically, I can use the house phone from anywhere in the house without carrying it around. They have speaker capability too.