Are they up? | Pad Patter 11.25

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Nov 25, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I've spent the day mowing most of the lawn one more time before winter (it was a beautiful 60 degrees today) and putting up the outside Christmas decorations. I did the inside ones on Friday.

So now that Thanksgiving is over, do you have your decorations up or will you wait a little longer?

2. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

not yet. we are getting the house ready for them (i.e., Reed has to clean his room before i will get Davis to get the decorations out of the attic). also, furniture has to be rearranged in the living room for the tree so i am doing that too :)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Our decorations are slowly going up... we usually knock it all out in one afternoon, but this year is weird. Graham was only home from college Wednesday night through early this morning. We had thought we would do it together while he was here, but things were busier than we had anticipated. Both trees are up... we just decorated one (the travel tree with all of our souvenir ornaments), the other will probably wait until next weekend (unless we get the blizzard they've predicted... then we might decorate tomorrow if Clara doesn't have school).

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Well, I thought we were going to get it done before Thanksgiving, but here it is Sunday and only the outside is done. On the positive side, I learned how to make a Hungarian nut roll this weekend and now have 8 of them in my freezer. We also had a birthday party for my daddy who turned 80 yesterday.

I am weird - I only like putting up the trees when it is daylight. I guess because I can see better than when it is evening. I hope to get them up this week. And I need to design our Christmas card - and take the family picture.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I asked hubby to bring them up today - or sometime this week so I can get them up. I'm hoping I will have everything decorated this week.

I'm jealous you have weather warm enough to still mow the lawn Jan. It has been frigid here! Bleh!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We still have our Thanksgiving decorations up. I love my plaid pumpkins so much that I want to enjoy them for a few more days. We usually put the Christmas decorations up about December 1st. The tree doesn't always make it up that early, but I have everything else in boxes on the top shelf of my big closet.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

I feel ya on the kid cleaning his room first! I used to have to rearrange, but bought a smaller (skinnier) tree a few years ago and I only have to move one little thing.

sushimommy likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

I usually try to knock it out all at one time, too, but since DH decided to bring the tree in 2 weeks ago, it's all been kind of spread out! Hope it doesn't get too bad for y'all.

9. IntenseMagic

So I just Googled Hungarian nut rolls, and yum!! Looks delicious! Happy Birthday to your dad!! I'm with you on putting up the tree when it's daylight.

10. IntenseMagic

Don't be too jealous lol, our high on Tuesday is supposed to be 29. We've had so much rain and crap over the last few weeks and my yard just needed one more pass before winter, I had to take advantage of the one nice day.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  11. IntenseMagic

I'd enjoy those plaid pumpkins, too. I kind of didn't want to put my glittery ones away lol. I used to never put a tree up before around Dec. 10 or so, but that was when we had a real tree and I didn't want it to die!

12. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am the scrooge according to my family. But, I hate dust and clutter. So we will pull the stuff out on Dec 1st. Not before! lol, plus it goes into the December Daily Book! hahah
    We are going out of town for Christmas, and I didn't even want to put it up!

keepscrappin and IntenseMagic like this.
  13. IntenseMagic

I am the Scrooge of my house, too and it will all be gone on Dec. 26 or even the evening of the 25th lol. I like my house normal! I'm not sure I'd want to put it up either if I were going out of town. DH is our elf and starts talking Christmas the day after Halloween. He seriously started watching Christmas movies on Nov. 1...drives me crazy!

14. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I don't decorate for Christmas until December. I was brought up with putting the tree up later in the month, then it stays up through Epiphany on January 6th.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We got the tree & inside decorations up on Friday, finished yesterday & then got the outside lights up today! All set! :D

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

I know lots like to leave the tree up through Epiphany! The main reason I take mine down early, other than wanting my house back to normal, is I like to have a few days of my Christmas break to relax and then go back to work with nothing hanging over my head to do.

bonnenuit and QuiltyMom like this.
  17. IntenseMagic

Yay! I still need to do a couple of things outside, but I have things ordered that won't be here until Friday lol

amien1 likes this.
  18. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Ours are up, but scaled down from past years. I did select a bag of decorations that I’m getting rid of (I have way too many!). They’ll stay up until New Year’s Day. DH wants them to stay up until until Presidents Day weekend. We did that one year and it drove me insane. I didn’t put up a tree the next year because I didn’t want that to happen again!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

DH did the exterior illumination *except* for a small blue spruce we planted this spring. Our neighbor, whom we love, keeps joking about how small the spruce is. Yup, it's like 2 feet tall, but it'll grow! :) (We may have made the mistake of saying that we're looking forward to its shade...which won't hit our house for like 15 years! :giggle) So I got a string of solar powered lights and wrapped them around the baby spruce. I can't wait for my neighbor to see them so I can say, "This is for you, buddy!"

And the solar powered lights came in a two-pack, so I put the other strand around our upstairs "catwalk". There was still a ton left, so I have it in a blue vase for a little color.

As for real interior decor...not yet. This weekend flew by in a flurry of laundry and just relaxing at home. I want to really go all-out with decorations this year because our family is coming and it's the first time they're visiting for Christmas. I want my nieces to love it here!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. IntenseMagic

Ha! I would have so done the same thing the next year. I'm kind of feeling that way about the fact that hubby put ours up on Nov. 11. I scaled down the outside this year...fewer lights, but I'm loving the look so far! I need to add something to the windows, but haven't decided what.