Portable Printer

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Karen, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

So... it's getting close to that time of year when my hubby is asking what I want for Christmas. I've been intrigued by the Traveler's Notebook (TN) trend and then recently I saw a black Friday ad for a HP Sprocket printer that's going to be on sale for $89:

[​IMG]

Does anyone have one of these? It's a tiny little thing and it prints 2x3 pictures which seem like they'd be great for a TN sized book. I'm thinking that it would be really awesome for when I take quick trips, especially when camping to print a picture or two to go along with my journaling about the trip. I also would really love to start daily journaling again and to be able to add a picture here and there, even if the quality isn't stellar would be awesome. This wouldn't replace my scrapbooking of course, but rather be where I could write things down to remember FOR my scrapbook.

So I'd love to hear from anyone who has one of these or even another brand. :)

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I have to say, I'm amazed not just by the fact you camp, but that you're willing to scrap while camping. The only thing I can do while out in the Great Outdoors is think about when I can be back indoors. :giggle But I'd love that little printer! I have a diary that I write in each day (like a planner, not a Dear Diary). The left side has the place to write your events and the right is just a big NOTES page. This would be great to do exactly what you said: pop little pics in as visual reminders.

Anyway, I'll be following this thread! And if you get one, please review it for us!

3. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I have one and LOVE it!!! It's great for scrapping on the go!

I love to print out photos to go in my planer and I've started experimenting with Traveler's Notebook scrapping with it as well. It's the perfect size for that as well!

It is super easy to use and one of my favorite things about it is the sticker backing so you don't need to have an adhesive.

You just have to keep in mind that the quality is not as good as having photos professionally printed, but they are just fine for what I'm using them for.

I have a LifePrinter as well, but I don't like it as well. (My husband forgot he gave me the Sprocket and got this one) It's just not as easy to use.

MrsGaramer, Karen and Cherylndesigns like this.
  4. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

So, wait... you just connect this to your phone and can print on the go? Oh my..... I need this. I have started a couple Traveler's Notebooks but haven't finished them because of (1) waiting to get photos printed or (2) I have a little Instapolaroid camera, but it's just 'one more thing' to take along on a trip... or on an excursion.

It'd be great to be able to take pics on my phone, then print them real quick and add my journaling.

Oh my... Let's do this.

Karen likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the review on this. I've been looking at a bigger, but still small printer
    Monica, is the price of the paper and the ink quite a bit for the Sprocket?

Karen likes this.
  6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Following this thread - I never knew this thing existed!

Karen likes this.
  7. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

You don't have to buy ink, just the paper. It uses ZINK (zero ink) technology. I just saw a deal on Amazon where you can get a pack of 100 sheets for $25. I think that's a great deal!!! It's typically twice that, but I don't think even that is too much for what I'm using it for.

I'm thinking that maybe I should do a blog post about it sometime. Would that be of interest to anyone?

Iowan, norton94, Karen and 2 others like this.
  8. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

OH my that does sound so interesting.

Karen likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have one and I adore it!! I use mine to print pictures for my memory planner. I love to add photos to the pages for the week and it's a fun way to do that. The kids also love it when I can print their silly photos they take when they're here and then they can take them home with them.

MrsGaramer and Karen like this.
  10. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I have one. I have the second generation and love it! The photo quality isn't the greatest, but for no ink printing, it's pretty amazing.

Right now best buy has 100 packs of paper for $22.50. I'm only a little addicted to mine. All my hybrid page photos in my memory journal use it.

20181112_093649.jpg 20181108_103652.jpg
    20181106_074052.jpg

norton94, Karen and Cherylndesigns like this.
  11. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I have the polaroid one -- I think it's called the Zip. It's fun but I always forget to use it!

Karen likes this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

I'd definitely love a blog post!! Wow, no ink? That's usually a deal breaker on things like this. Thanks so much for the info - maybe I'll get one.

Karen likes this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

Wow - you all are making me want one badly!! That would be awesome to print pics for my TN!

Karen likes this.
  14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@krscraps Your handwriting is beautiful! And your photos make me want one:giggle

krscraps and Karen like this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh thank you so much @dailydwelling @IntenseMagic and @krscraps ! I'm so glad to know that you girls like yours and find it useful, especially for the TN type book that I'm wanting it for! I read the reviews that said the pictures aren't quite as high quality as professionally printing them, but I really don't care again for what I'm planning it for.

@Tree City :) I'm not really planning to full out scrap while I camp, but rather add a little bit more to the journal I already take with me. My memory is just awful for the little things that happen day to day... like funny things my kids say, etc. and I know if I don't write them down... they will be gone from my memory forever. :giggle And adding a little picture here and there would just be so fun!

@Heidi Nicole I love the way you think! "Let's do this!" :giggle

So for anyone above interested in this printer, it's going to be on sale for $30 off at Best Buy on Black Friday. I'm REALLY hoping that means it'll be on sale online because I don't want to brave that store on Black Friday.

IntenseMagic and Tree City like this.
  16. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I have the instax one. I confess I don’t really use it as much as I thought I would but I’m also not doing hybrid like I thought I would at the moment :giggle. I have used it on little projects around my house and my 17 year old daughter loves to print off photos of her and her friends and hang around her room. I’ve been pleased with the quality of mine. The pictures are just how I was wanting. That filmy kinda look.

Karen likes this.
  17. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Aw thanks. I don't think it's that great... It would be better if I took my time with it. Haha

Karen and bestcee like this.
  18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I've been intrigued by these cute little printers for a long time ... but I'm not really a scrap on the go person so I never bothered to pick one up. I think I like the idea of the one that actually makes any photo look like a little polaroid ... it's so cute. It's the Fujifilm Instax - there are a couple of different versions out now. instax.png

Karen and krscraps like this.
  19. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Oh My Goodness what have you done! Now I feel the need to have one of these! And I did not realize it existed!

Tree City and Karen like this.
  20. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

My daughter got the Sprockets one... it's AWESOME! And she uses it for each of our trips and comes home with a book all done!

Tree City and Karen like this.