Honoring Veterans | Pad Patter 11.11

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Nov 11, 2018.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

My dad was in the Army Air Force at the end of WWII. He was on the wait list for fighter pilot when the war ended. He was 17 and his mom had to write a letter of permission for him to join.

My cousin served two tours in Vietnam with the Seabees. He was stationed in Pt. Mugu so he would ride his motorcycle to our house to spend the weekends. I thought it was cool that my big cousin visited us all the time. Now that I'm an adult I'm sure his visits were a lifesaver for him during that time. He also made me promise as a 9-year-old that I would always vote in every election, no matter how big or small. I promised and I have, but I've only missed a couple of small municipal elections that weren't widely advertised.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  2. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

My husband is a chaplain in the Army. We participated in a Remembrance Service with service members from other countries, led by the British, on Sunday and my husband did the prayers for it. This was the first time we've been a part of a Remembrance Service and it was very meaningful.

2018-11-11-11.18.jpg

His dad served in the Army as well. He was a helicopter pilot in Vietnam.

IntenseMagic likes this.