HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by Genniejoy, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

Just have to say 'Happy Australia Day' to my fellow Aussie MOC ers and to all of you sisters MOC ers who aren't Aussies! This is our equivalent to the American 4th July. :) Awaiting the 26th Australia Day challenge here! Love having a public holiday! Off to see the fireworks later. :)

2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Thankyou .... we have had a nice home day today. Very hot here and did not really want to go anywhere. I got some baking done ( cake and biscuits ) which was good. My husband did plant a tree. We had a Papaya growing in a pot that needed going out into the garden.

amandac likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I hope you have a wonderful Australia Day!

Genniejoy and A-M like this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Not much more of it to go now.. only another 5 and a half hours and it will be midnight.

Genniejoy and bestcee like this.
  5. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Happy Australia Day fellow Australians. Quiet day here. Too hot to go out so sitting in aircon. Great news re Australian of the Year - A female quantum physicist!!!!! Brains and science win for a change!!

bellbird, amandac, Karen and 2 others like this.
  6. Genniejoy

I do what I do every Australia Day, covered the school books that I got yesterday before the new school year starts on Monday. I also baked my son's birthday cake ready to decorate tomorrow. :) Even though it's raining right now, we are still going to watch the local fireworks tonight for the first time in years, hopefully the light rain will have stopped by the time it gets dark around 9:30.

bellbird likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hope you all have a wonderful Australia Day!! That is my dream vacation...someday!! :)

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well... it sounds like it's over now... but still Happy Australian Day! Hope you all enjoyed it and hope the rain was gone for your fireworks @Genniejoy !

9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

lol... I'm with Karen... a little late! Bur Happy Belated Australian Day!:)

Genniejoy likes this.
  10. Genniejoy

It was and they were good! :) Thanks.

Karen likes this.
  11. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Had a busy Aussie day here! We started the day putting the first coat of paint on our lounge room walls in high heat and humidity (soooo not fun!) and then we threw some snags and lamb on the barbie with A YUMMY pav for dessert, with some lovely Aussie Chardy to finish it off. Next year I am heading to the beach instead of painting!

Our kids went back to school on Tuesday here in QLD so we are already in the thick of back to school drama (homework already haha) but luckily Tasha is in Year 11 so I don't have to cover books anymore! Yay!

Nothing wrong with a nice quiet Aussie Day!! A proud day indeed Carolyn, for Aussies in the Australia Day honours! What an amazing woman!

Anne-Marie I do NOT know how you managed to do any baking on such a hot day! Its all i can do to throw sandwiches at the kids at dinner time and its not as hot here in Brissy as down south!!

bellbird likes this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Oi! Oi! Oi!
    I'm late to this thread but adding my sympathy re: heat and air-con and admiration for the choice of a female Quantum Physicist for the award and although we didn't do the fireworks thing, we beach'ed so there's that!

bestcee likes this.
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

We've eaten a lot of wraps lately too. It was too hot to BBQ outside even for the obligatory sausage sandwiches, so we cooked sausages in the kitchen frypan with the a/c and fans going -whatever works!

amandac likes this.