January 25th : Art Doll (Style Challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Jan 25, 2018.

1. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

Oh my. I definitely played with paper dolls when I was little, but I've never done a digi-doll! I was supposed to go shopping with my mom today, but she just sent me a message that my grandfather is back in the hospital with heart pains. That's all I know right now. SO I'm going to try to distract myself with some scrapping until I hear from her. If you have a moment to say a prayer for him, I would appreciate it...off to find some scrapping mojo...

2. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I am so excited for this! I’ve never done anything even close to this so it’s totally outside my comfort zone!

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. kayjaydo

kayjaydo Keeping my feet firmly on the ground

oh dear! Dolls, really, I was the little girl that wouldn't have anything to do with dolls, a bit like clowns I found them scary, still don't like them! Oh well, it is a month of challenges and this will definitely be a challenge! Maybe I can find the doll a fur coat and pretend its a teddy bear - those I did/do love!

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Well, my dear @MrsPeel!! I must say------I LOVE MY LAYOUT!!!! What fun this was!! I went with Winter with a sprinkling of Summer. As my explanation states in the gallery, I am portraying the Winter of my years rearing its ugly head, while inside me the Summer of my youth still hangs on.
    Thank you for an awesome challenge!!! I take back everything I said!!!!! I am eating my words!!!
    And thank you, Tangie, for the great templates. I used the arms and torso.

[​IMG]

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

when you find yourself with a half smile, and enjoying it...hold to that little fun, it gets better!
    oh yep, and I am cheering you on!
    you totally said the exact words, I have not been able to find!! it clears my head...oh that is so perfect!
    and here is my page of summer time fun: Thank you dear Cynthia for a morning of sunshine creating, whilst the winds of winter tap against my window:
    [​IMG]

6. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

7. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this so much, stunning challenge, love to make art dolls, Thanks so much to Tangie for the amazing templates, this was my favorite, and of course, I am going to come out with more alter art dolls, which is my favorite theme, I do make myself a lot of these for my own kits
    Here is my page:
    I choose Autumn, my doll is the guardian of Autumn (powerful lady, no princess or queen, just a strong woman with the only key of the kingdom)
    [​IMG]

KellyM, weaselwatchr, MrsPeel and 5 others like this.
  8. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

is there a boy doll you can make from the template?

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. ElizabethW

ElizabethW Pledging to lambda lambda polly

Oh, man. I've been dreading the "artsy" challenge! This is way out of my wheelhouse...but, that finish line is oh-so-close!

KellyM, MrsPeel and Neverland Scraps like this.
  10. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Oh goodness, this looks like it's going to be a LOT of fun!! Thanks for the great template, @Tangie Baxter!

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

I knew you would have a fantastic challenge Cynthia, I've never created a doll from scratch so that added a layer of fun.

[​IMG]

weaselwatchr, MrsPeel, Thuria and 5 others like this.
  12. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

My c&s plan didn't work out, :)

I went for a Frau Holle theme with winter as inspiration.

[​IMG]

KellyM, weaselwatchr, MrsPeel and 8 others like this.
  13. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Typically these dolls are female in connotation (probably because 99.9% of those who art journal are female and journal about themselves? IDK), but I think you could alter the "dress" and make it into a T-shirt (just cut off part of the bottom so it's a shirt length) and you could turn the skirt into shorts by using the eraser tool and erasing a line in the lower middle so it looks like a pair of shorts. Then use colors you think of as "boyish" or "masculine," and it's a boy doll.

MrsPeel, EHStudios and bjc like this.
  14. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

Not my style as I find those dolls extremely creepy. So I’m very thankful you provided a template. At least one of the hard part is done for me

I already have an idea but I have to see if I have products that meet the seasonal colors.

15. Ruthe14

Ruthe14 Branch Manager of my family

I always loved paper dolls...still do! This is very interesting challenge. Thanks Tangie for supplying the template..do we have permission to use for other projects after MOC?

16. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

So much fun (or should I say snow much fun)! Thank you :)
    [​IMG]

17. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Ok...a little fear and trepidation here. But I'm excited to give it a try!

KellyM, MrsPeel and Neverland Scraps like this.
  18. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

19. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

Oh geez. Dread. I have no faces in any kit. I’ll maybe go with the backnof the head. Not something I’d ever do on my own that’s for sure

MrsPeel likes this.
  20. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

January 25 - Art Doll
    Oh, man, did I love this challenge!! I was SOO AFRAID of it, but I am egotistically going to say that I rocked it!!

I chose "Spring" for my layout inspiration and have been listening to it for an hour and a half!

I wanted to convey a feeling of fashion, of bright color, and happy, forward thinking!

[​IMG]

Credits:
    Tansie Doll Templates
    Rebecca - Face of doll from blog hop
    M3 August 2014
    Font: KG SusanP - a custom font made out of my own handwriting.