MOC Q&A - Post your questions here!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by mrs2a50, Dec 24, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

When I have a file that's behaving badly, and it happens occasionally, then I stamp a new layer at the top (ctrl+shift+alt+E) above all other layers. I pull that layer into a new document and save that one for the web. I don't know what causes the hiccups every now and then, but I've had it happen to.

2. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

You just saved my sanity. Thank you, Courtney! I tried that technique and it worked when nothing else would on either my mac or my PC. I even re-did the layout from scratch, thinking there might be a glitch in that particular file. Whew! What a challenge this challenge was, lolol.

cfile and bestcee like this.
  3. bestcee

4. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

Okay. So I'm up to Day 5 and I'm loving these challenges! BUT, I have a problem. I import all of the kits I get from TLP into files with a simple name and LP in front of them so I know where I've sourced them. Do we HAVE to put the name of the kits and designers on every page? I mix and match and it's getting too big a pain to figure out which kits and who designed them when I'm getting bits and pieces out of different ones for every single page. I'm not posting them anywhere except in TLP. I only scrap for me and aside from this I don't put them online at all. Help? Thanks.

5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Hi Gennie! So glad you're enjoying MOC and keeping up so far! I know that providing credits can be tedious, but since one of the rules of MOC is that your pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product, we do need you to list the product you use on each page.

bestcee likes this.
  6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am so excited you are loving the challenges.
    You are really a joy to each host, by listing the credits.

7. Genniejoy

LOL I'm not good at that. Thanks for being positive in your replies though. I am new to TLP so I had to buy all the kits to use just for these challenges. Fortunately it's my birthday month so that was justifiable! :) I chose them for the greatest variety and flexibility but if by the end of the month they are starting to resemble each other, you'll know why! Being in Australia, with the exchange rate, I could only afford so many! But I'll keep a watch for the Wed sales!

So two more Qs. Do I have to find the designers name or just the names of the kits? (And I HAVE read everyone's questions and answers already but didn't see this.) Secondly, in which thread do I need to list them? All of them or just one? I've only posted Day 1 as it's taken me time to figure out where the three LOs go. I have my own thread down now (thanks for moving it to the correct place KimJ!) and the individual days' challenge but I haven't figured the other one out. Is it here: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/

KimJ likes this.
  8. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

@Genniejoy - correct, the other place would be in the gallery. The gallery is also where you would post your credits. It is significantly easier for the hosts if you list both designer and kit name. If you post just the kit name, you might end up getting a private message from a host asking for additional information, if the can't find it in the store.

9. Genniejoy

You shouldn't have a problem finding my product in the store as I only joined on Tuesday so everything I use is currently there. :) But I'll do my best. This will make the Gallery gigantic by the end of the month.

Mylinn, bestcee and mrs2a50 like this.
  10. bestcee

That's the best part! I love all the pretties in the gallery!

Did you know, if you post in the gallery first, you can use the link there to post quickly in the other 2 threads? (Challenge Thread and your thread)

11. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

Has anyone found something for Photoshop similar to the old Credit Tracker Script by Anna Forrest Designs? Or know someone who writes PS scripts willing to write up a quick one that list every file name in text on a new layer at the top of file (when run)? course, if you change the layer name or merge a layer from a designer, it loses that layer's file info.

cfile likes this.
  12. bestcee

@Rikki says she uses that one. I don't know anyone who writes scripts. Hmmm....

13. Genniejoy

Okay bestcee, I was just coming back to say, I can't figure the gallery out. Is it possible to copy and paste a direct link for me please? I've done the other two, they are easier. I have saved the Challenge thread and my own file thread to quick links so I can open them easily. But when I go to Gallery there are drop downs and I don't know which is the right one. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place. I've spent all day on TLP today!

14. scrumptious

scrumptious Well-Known Member

With no off-site linking, what is the protocol around here for crediting a scraplifted page that is located somewhere other than the Lilypad gallery? What's the protocol in general in terms of acknowledging scraplifts and inspiration?

15. bestcee

Where are you at right now? I can help you, but need to know where you are stuck.
    I made this for someone else: If it doesn't help, let me know where you are stuck.
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/gallery-sizes-and-crediting.51961/

bellbird likes this.
  16. bestcee

It's courtesy to credit the person you scraplift, if you're able, but not required.
    I usually will write "Scraplift of xxxx layout name" in my credits. Example: Scraplift of "Shimelle So Fun layout".
    If it's a TLP scraplift, then I will link to a thumbnail of their page in my credits.

bellbird and scrumptious like this.
  17. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Mylinn, I am still using Anna's script with the current version of PS CC. No problems with it....

bellbird, Mylinn and bestcee like this.
  18. Mylinn

oh oh, thanks so much! Now to go find it in my backup folders lol.

Rikki and bellbird like this.
  19. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

@Mylinn I have used this freebie for years, I have to browse and reload each time, but when I have 100 layers on a page. it is helpful
    CVW (Christy Vander Wall) supply tracker available free here
    and it is copy and paste available. Christy's blog is full of hows and helps to load and use her tracker.

elseepe, cfile, KellyM and 1 other person like this.
  20. Mylinn

Thank you @AnneofAlamo, I tore through both EHDs and couldn't find the Anna tracker. This was just perfect timing :)