Monthly Muse- March 2017 -Week 1-

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by MrsPeel, Mar 3, 2017.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

[​IMG]

Welcome to the Art Journaling Monthly Muse!

Muse:
    verb: to reflect deeply on something
    noun: the source of artistic inspiration

Hello hello!!!!! Here I am with this month Monthly Muse!!!!! In case you just arrived and don't know how it works: I bring you an image/concept for inspiration this month, and every week we will scrap a page -or 10 if you are like me!!! :giggle focusing on a different aspect of this image. I will be back next week Friday to give you the 2nd aspect for our inspiration, and so on until the end of the month.

Our Muse for this month, as I explained in the gallery, I did not draw this, the link in Pinterest is broken so I can't credit the author.

[​IMG]

This appealed so much to me as I had been talking to someone and mentioned " I keep fighting to keep my head above water"...but we don't necessarily need to scrap on the emotional side of it...we can go as light or as deep as you want, our goal is to scrap with pleasure!!!

Our first week inspiration is WATER-

Taken the success of @AnneofAlamo 's awesome Skinnies, and the generosity of @Scrapping with Liz , we still have the templates available for free, so if you wish, you can do this month as a skinny too, but it isn't a requirement this time... you can make full pages if you prefer.
    If you do decide to go for the Skinnies but haven't got the template from last month, you can find the templates available HERE.
    Also Christa @cfile has made a gorgeous template idea for this month, to scrap each week into a triangle that will complete the page- Christa's awesome template is HERE on PSD- let us know if you need any other format!

You should scrap your page, post in the Art Journaling Gallery HERE and then come share with us here
    To do so, copy the 3rd link on the right hand side of your LO, the one that reads :
    Share BB Code:
    and just paste the copied link into your text
    in the post DO NOT use any icons, no need to click on anything, just copy on the link, then paste it here in your text! :) Thanks to Margaret @londoncuppa for calling attention to this!
    :)
    We will draw a winner in the end of the month, even more incentives for your inspiration!
    Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!
    If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask!!!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    orkan and IntenseMagic like this.
  2. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Quick question. I always just use the "Share Image" code (2nd link) because I get the broken image link if I try to use any of the other codes, including the Share BB Code link. Any idea what the issue could be?

3. MrsPeel

Margaret, to be honest, not sure, I know if you scrap 12 x 12 should work, and if the image is saved at 72dpi it will definitely work on 12x 12 /600 x 600...the share the image thing makes me have to click to go to your gallery and then find your page... in some cases is quick, but as I have some neurological problems it can take up more time, but if I survived MOC, I can certainly survive looking for your page so not to worry LOL
    @londoncuppa

bbymks5 likes this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@londoncuppa - Maybe it is is how you are pasting it into the post? If you copy the BB link, then when you get to the post you just do a paste. Don't use the hyperlink icon, or image icon, etc. on the reply tool bar to insert your layout link. A link could break if the html that those buttons expect is different from what is on your clipboard. The simple paste right into your text box does both the image view and the link to the gallery for you.

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. MrsPeel

I thin Bev is right.... Margaret. the only thing you need doing is clicking on the right hand side of your LO into that code, just one click, copy, then come post it here straight into the text, like if I am now writing and I come paste, not click any icons, just click paste and it will write here
    blablah blah blah blah
    without using anything..... just paste here :)

6. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

I had so much fun working on this one. The beach always makes me happy :).
    [​IMG]

mcurtt, Dalis, Sokee and 2 others like this.
  7. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

DOH!! I've been using the little camera button to insert...I'm guessing now that's not the same as a BB code??

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

@BevG @MrsPeel Ahh, maybe that's the issue. I haven't been doing a simple cut-and-paste. I was using the "Image" link on the toolbar. If I use the "Share Image" link in my gallery, it pastes the image into my comment. When I click on it, it will take me to My Gallery. I don't have to search for it. It would be easier, though, just to do a simple cut/paste using the other code though. I'll need to try that. Thanks so much!

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. MrsPeel

@AmandaJ !!!!!!!! gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! amazingly lovely (as always of course!!!!)

LOL no, it isn't... you can carry on doing whatever you feel is best for you though, like I said to Margaret, I didn't have much trouble during MOC with more than 200 people...I can do this for sure...if for any reason I can't find it, I would message you :)

I find that (copy & paste) is the easiest way, but I say it again, no worries if for you is the best way, keep doing whatever is best for you.... I know I was able to find every page on MOC so I don't see any major problems on finding pages now!!

Feel free to do what you find easier girls, no problem!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

AmandaJ, bbymks5 and londoncuppa like this.
  10. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

MrsPeel, mcurtt and BevG like this.
  11. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

I decided to do 4 art cards for my journal this month. Here's the first installment. I made the template for the other weeks.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, Sokee, Rikki and 1 other person like this.
  12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Love this!! I really hope to play along!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

@cfile I like how you changed the skinny into triangles, good idea!

MrsPeel and cfile like this.
  15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

A-M, MrsPeel, Mylinn and 2 others like this.
  16. Rikki

@cfile Thank you! I'll snag it to use it maybe next month. For this month I have decided on four squares, just to add a bit of variety to what we see here. Plus, a triangle would be yet another challenge on top for me because I am not very good with them. I am all for rectangles and squares.

MrsPeel and cfile like this.
  17. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I saw the layout for Christa @cfile in the gallery last evening & commented about it and her triangles. She immediately volunteered to share the template she just made. So here is my layout (Thank you, Christa!) a bit stretched out to fit my 8.5 x 11 brain.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    AJK, Ga_L, MrsPeel and 2 others like this.
  18. Rikki

I am going with squares this month.

[​IMG]

mcurtt, MrsPeel and cfile like this.
  19. MrsPeel

Christa, I took the liberty to add your template link to the initial post,. thank you!!!!!!!!

Margaret @londoncuppa thanks for calling the attention to the image issue, I added the explanation to the initial post :)

londoncuppa and cfile like this.
  20. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar