Craziness and a S/O to SLC, Utah Peeps

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by enjoyyourpix, Mar 19, 2016.

1. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

It was been an incredibly crazy past month or so. My daughter finished up her cheer season (with post season basketball games too), we had the cheer banquet (and I coordinated and made about 1/2 of the senior's cheer memory books ranging from 50-110 pages each...TG for digi and templates). She also managed to attend 3 speech and debate tournaments in 3 consecutive weekends and qualify for both the State and National Competitions. Oh and pulled off Prom after one of them. It's been an insanely fun and busy time. I can't believe I just a little more than a year of all of this until my baby graduates from high school!!! Gaack!!

I think I might have the opportunity to travel with the team to SLC for the National tournament 6/12-6/17. I know Utah is essentially the HQ for Scrapbooking USA. If I do go and have the opportunity, I would love to be able to meet up with any of my scrap friends. Even if it is something as simple as lunch or a coffee date.

Who's out there??? I know parts of the tournament are downtown at the convention center and some of the big hotels. My daughter will be competing at Jordon HS in Sandy on Monday and Tuesday for sure.

I don't know 100% if I can go, but would love to know who is nearby and if I can attend, I know who to reach out to and see if we can coordinate anything!!

2. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ohhh I am jelous even of the possibility of you being able to make it tgo meet some of the scrappers!!!
    Hope you do get to go!!!!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Kimberly, I'm in The SLC area and would love to meet up for lunch if you get to come!

bestcee and enjoyyourpix like this.
  4. enjoyyourpix

YES!! That would be awesome!

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

No way! I have been watching her grow up in your scrap pages for years, I can NOT believe she is almost done with high school!!!
    I second Cynthia (@MrsPeel), I am so SO jealous that you might be catching up with some of our scrapping friends!! Have so much fun!!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  6. enjoyyourpix

this honestly made me teary. Aren't we all blessed to be part of such an awesome community? Thank you. I know ... I'm in shock at how fast time has gone!!!

scrappyjedi and Chippi like this.
  7. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

@enjoyyourpix I remember once scrolling through my Facebook and you had posted a photo of Courtney and I smiled and thought how grown up she was and kept scrolling. Then about a minute later I went back to look at the photo again because I realised she looked so familiar but I had no idea where I knew her from. Then I was on Scrap Orchard a little while later and she popped up again! I will add that this was when I was either very pregnant or had just had the baby, so my brain was a little mushy. I was so confused, but I did eventually realise that we were indeed friends on Facebook and that is how her picture came up on my feed. When I told my hubby that Scrap Orchard and my Facebook were so intertwined he was happy that I had such a wonderful group of never-met-you-friends to talk and share with.
    And now we have even MORE friends to get to know! :beat

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm in Utah - SLC area. I know Grace @zanthia122 is a little south, but not too far off! I'm trying to think of who else comes to Digi Night Out @keepscrappin?

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. zanthia122

zanthia122 Keep me away from Bart. Mmmm...

I'd love to get together if you can come!! And it sounds like you have been busy! Wow!

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

I'm a few hours from SLC but travel there frequently and would love to meet up with Digi friends if I can make it!!

enjoyyourpix and keepscrappin like this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I know you are enjoying these final high school years with her . . . they do go by sooooo fast.

And I'll third that I'm jealous beyond jealous that y'all are gonna meet up!

12. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Wow. I'm sending good vepibes for your trip and all the fun you will have. Take lots of pictures and scrap all those meet-ups for us to admire.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

There is nothing more fun than meeting on line friends because you already know each other so so well. Such fun!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  14. enjoyyourpix

Okay! It looks like the trip is a GO!! The team is sending 10 kids but they are going to be spread out across 5 different sites so I think the goal is to have an adult at each venue. I will keep those of you interested in meeting up updated and we can figure out how to make this work!! I'm so excited!!

Courtney is definitely turning into a teenager. She's acting bent out of shape that I'm going. I asked the teacher/coach to remind her that he is asking me to attend because he needs the help and NOT because I want to tag along. Seriously, the LAST thing I want to do is hang out with teenagers who don't want me around!!! LOL.

MrsPeel, bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  15. bestcee

Aw, poor mom! I love that she's bent out of shape.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  16. enjoyyourpix

Hey there!! Okay, so we are here now! I'm at the Fairfield Inn in Draper. It's just south of the aquarium on the 15. I'm chaperoning at the hotel today and there is a team dinner at 7.

I didn't coordinate this well. I've not really had any info about the schedule. I know we go to Jordan High School all day for Mon-Tue. Message me here or on FB if you still have any interest in meeting IRL. No stress! I wish I could drive up around to where ever you are but 2 of the other chaperones dropped out and we had issues with Budget regarding our cars so there are no extra car spots in any of the car. :(. :beat

17. bestcee

I love the aquarium! I may just have to schedule a visit Tuesday ;)

18. zanthia122

zanthia122 Keep me away from Bart. Mmmm...

Sorry just saw this! I can't drive by myself all the way up there (just passed my road test and I haven't gone on the freeway yet!), but I hope you're enjoying your time here in Utah!!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  19. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Darn - I wish I could come meet up with you gals, but things are pretty crazy around here this week. I'm not going to be able to break away.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  20. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

We have a busy schedule with camps this week. Really need to make a SLC run but won't make it this week. Hope you enjoy your visit. Your in a great location with tons to do!

enjoyyourpix likes this.