Water Water Water

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by chickypow, Feb 12, 2016.

1. chickypow

chickypow All I need is my gun, and my blankie

OK, I don't drink enough water even though I love it. Could use some tips and tricks to remember to drink it more. I'll have a full bottle then realize it's been 4 hours and I haven't even had a sip!

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

The alarm on my phone has been very useful for reminding me of all kinds of things from picking my kids up to scrap chats.

3. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

I'm the same. Should drink more, bit don't. I don't even like water. I have to have it flavoured or fizzy :giggle

4. chickypow

chickypow All I need is my gun, and my blankie

I used to be like that but when I was pregnant with my daughter I gained SO much weight even though I was eating perfect. My dr. took a look at what I was drinking and gave me heck......lol. So I started on just water or lemon water and now I love it.

@michelepixels I've tried that.....then I say, "yeah ok, I'll do it in a minute" then don't. and BAHAHAHAHA on the alarm to pick up your kids. Me too!!! Time has a way of getting away on me.

AllisonPennington and KarenB like this.
  5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I try to tell myself to drink the water first, before I have anything else. Well, except coffee, because I do that before ANYTHING in a day. haha.
    But seriously... I have coffee, and want soda. but before I drink the soda, I try to drink the water first. So that soda is the reward for drinking water. I don't always do as well, but it does help get at least some into myself :giggle
    And, i haven't been as successful with the water drinking lately, because I wasn't starting the day with it. So I think I'll go back to that... even before coffee, having some water. even if it's only 8-16 oz, it's some water, before the coffee.

6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I drink about 20 ounces as soon as I get up in the morning, about 5:30/6am. This improved my water intake a lot! It actually wakes me up, and gets my body going. I read somewhere that it was good for you, your body and helps with the water intake. True for me. This was my 2015 better body goals, drink more water, eat more veggies, and to not be so hard on myself and body.

Then I have a timing thing. I TRY to drink 2 glasses of water by 10 am, another 2 by 12 noon, and 2-4 by 6 pm. 10 is my daily goal. This way I can have a glass of soda in the evening. If I don't finish my 8 glasses of water, I don't get my glass of ice cold diet Wild Cherry Pepsi... It's motivation, lol!

I have my days where I get 6 in, and after the 7th, ugh...no. more. water. But my body has gotten used to the water, and I find myself looking for it more often, and getting in those 8 glasses is not as hard as it was a year ago.

MandaKay likes this.
  7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I ignore some of my reminders too. For example, I have a reminder to write in my journal every day, but I usually just dismiss it and don't write. :( It works for things I'm most determined to do though. I have 3 alarms per day set to remind me to practice my photography (my Project 365) and I'm doing perfectly with that so far this year.

I wonder if increasing fruits and veggies helps with increasing water consumption.

8. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I always tell myself I am going to drink more as well. I don't love water, but I don't hate it either...it's just not the first thing I reach for. I drink a ton of green tea, so I feel like that is basically water intake, right? I probably do an average of 4 of those a day (10 oz. mugs), and I always finish a 16 oz. bottle of water in the morning during my walk.

I like @jk703 's idea about trying to hit a certain glass number by a certain time!

jk703 likes this.
  9. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

My habits are very similar to Jenn @jk703
    After giving up soda and switching to mostly water, I crave it. I cannot start the day without my Tervis filled to the brim with ice cold water.

As for remembering to drink water, I try to keep water near me at all times. It's become a habit, every few minutes, I find myself stopping or looking for a drink.

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I don't like water. At all! I did find I have to do it earlier in the day. If I wait too late, it makes me nauseated. Ugh!

The only 'trick' I've found is I have two water bottles that I like. I do better using those than I did with others. One has a straw, and has made it easier for me to sip through the day.

11. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I drink beverages I like when I'm thirsty, because there is no science behind the myth of drinking copious amounts of water everyday being beneficial. I don't like water, but I do like beverages that are mostly water and still aren't unhealthy.

12. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I can only drink water or caffeine free teas with no acids in them (like mint), coconut water/milk or rice milk. It was real hard to make the transition over to only water, and it took a while to get over not being able to drink milk at a meal or wine at dinner, or lemonade or sodas or sweet tea during the summer. I also have incredibly low blood pressure so I need a lot of water in my system.

I do what Jenn does to a point. Start with a glass of water when I wake up. Then I carry a Brita bottle with me wherever I go and just constantly be taking sips from it all day long. Now I love the fresh taste of water and anything else seems overpowering. Strange, but true.

13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Add some flavoring to it, you can even do it with fresh fruits. Or make them into a very light non-caffeinated tea.

jk703 likes this.
  14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I think that is a great idea, Dalis! I do love lemon, I should bring some slices to work too! I've wanted to try mint and cucumber too!

I am not a fan of water at all. Making this change was so hard. But... with my rules, and sticking to them, it works for me. Don't get me wrong, I have my days where I don't get enough, but I'm 150% better than a year ago! I've actually noticed that my skin is in better shape, especially my face. The water in the morning refreshes me, and makes me feel more awake. Then if I drink water before eating, I will eat less. It's actually been a really positive change for me.

I've heard that Green Tea is very good for you, and have many benefits.

15. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

I have to drink water throughout the day or I just don't feel right. Unless I am having a meal, I keep water nearby. That way it is easily accessible and I don't have to fuss with going to find something to drink if I am thirsty. Plus, it is easy to keep my toddler from spilling my water since he can't open the bottle or my cup that I keep with me.

16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I drink a lot of water mainly by having a plastic glass with a straw in it. I put slices of lemon or cucumber in the water and sometimes add it at night and then leave it in the fridge over night. Also good with some sliced stawberries. This winter i kept meaning to make hot water with slices of ginger but never quite got around to it. I know m liquid intake is very good though with a pot of tea in the am and sometimes one in the evening. All decaf tea with some stevia. Fortunately, I've never been a soda drinker so haven't had to worry about that compulsion.

17. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I have thought about sliced strawberries. Good to know it works! I am going to try more of that type of flavoring -- real stuff.

18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@carilyne Really any fruit works but not so much that it becomes a fruit drink rather than flavored water but then you knew that!

carilyne likes this.
  19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Ineed to do more water too, I tend to drink it more when it's an iced tea. LO!L!!!

20. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

But strawberries are my favorite. I got one of those infuser pitchers to try.

bestcee likes this.