Hardest Part for you?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by gracielou, Jan 15, 2016.

1. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

What is the hardest part for you in putting your PL spread together?

For me it is the journaling. I always do it last and it takes me forever to get around to it. I am the same way about scrap pages. I've had my week 2 spread together for almost 2 days now and it's just sitting here, looking at me, begging me to do some journaling and wrap it up.. ugh....

crystalbella77 likes this.
  2. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

It's always the journaling to for me but since last year I kept it simple: just one 3x4 journal card with what happend that week and some word and hashtags on the pictures. It's easier for me and get a page finished.

gracielou likes this.
  3. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

Journal usually so so hard for me, but I went to word and wrote about a memory, and I amazed myself.

gracielou and lorryfach like this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

The hardest part for me is sitting down and doing it at all. :giggle

I love it when I do it. And I'm going to blame MOC for not starting yet. :p Discovering Lightroom smart collections made the photo process easier. And I'm a talker, so the journaling has never been a hard part for me. It's just making the time to sit down and put it all together.

So, what's your secret to making the time?

gracielou and lorryfach like this.
  5. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Usually having too few pictures or too many if something happens. So I am setting a goal of going out for a walk several times a week. Plus journaling although if I just do it, it's not that hard.

gracielou and bestcee like this.
  6. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

When I am doing PL pages it's the journaling! I love journaling in general too so it's weird! I feel weird and repititive..like here's a pic of the baby napping...we watched a movie...blah. It feels so mundane to me!

gracielou likes this.
  7. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

I use a little book that i jot notes in at the end of the day. I don't add journaling for every photo, some are obvious and i just want the picture in there. I try to give an overview of the week of write things my kids said. I have older kids so I screen shot text messages from them too.

gracielou likes this.
  8. gracielou

My secret is working a little on it each day. Even if that means only 5-10 minutes it's still something. The one thing that I see helping me this year is using the collect app. When I lay down at night with my 2 daughters that can't sleep unless mommy is there I take 10 minutes to edit my photo/photos from the day and add them to my collect app. Then at the end of the week all I have to do is print off my photos. I have a big fancy camera but I find that it just sits collecting dust on my desk. I really should pick it up more but then it would also take away the ease of my photo editing on my phone each night LOL.

DeniseB817, Karen and bestcee like this.
  9. gracielou

This is my exact problem with my journaling and I love writing and journaling too.

Karen likes this.
  10. gracielou

I add in a lot of text messages from my teenage daughter too.

11. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

For me it's finding a balance between the photos and the journaling. I always feel like I want to include so many photos, but then I'm out of space for writing everything I want to write.

gracielou likes this.
  12. renee82

renee82 renee82

For me it's actually putting it all together... the placement of everything takes me forever! Journaling is easy. ;)

DeniseB817 and gracielou like this.
  13. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Right now it's rounding up photos. I'm still waiting on my daughter to upload some photos from last week into our shared iCloud album so I use them for PL. She's normally good about it, but she's been sick all week. Picking a kit can slow me down... I like to use one kit per spread and sometimes it's hard finding something that coordinates with the bulk of my random photos.

gracielou likes this.
  14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

for me its actually taking the photos - I'm on my own a lot so its harder to make it interesting. Think I'm going to just organize my stash then start once I am back at uni again so I can document my postgraduate study over the next year and a half

bestcee and gracielou like this.
  15. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Yes taking enough photos is sometimes a real struggle but then other times it's choosing the right photos out of many.
    I have decided that I want more focus on my journaling this year, so if I don't have many photos I'll just journal it and use pretty journal cards.

MrsGaramer and gracielou like this.
  16. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

For me it's choosing the photos... I usually have so many that it's really hard to decide which ones I absolutely need to include. I love using journaling cards, so I always try to use some, too, but often there are just so many photos that there isn't any room left...

gracielou likes this.
  17. bluerose

bluerose Member

I struggle with journalling, sometimes wonder if my journalling is to boring as often just put little snippets of what has happened during the week. Also struggle getting my double page layouts to blend from one week to the following, using the same or similar colours but without using exactly the same kit on every single page.

gracielou likes this.
  18. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I'm 13 behind, but I knew I would miss the first part of this month because of travel to CHA and a couple of large orders on the business side. Now I'm getting caught up a few layouts a day until the end of the month!

bestcee and gracielou like this.
  19. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Journaling is the hardest part. Sometimes I'll get it done first and then I feel like I can relax while doing the rest of the page. Sometimes I save it for very last.

MrsGaramer likes this.
  20. DeniseB817

DeniseB817 Member

My layouts take HOURS which turn into DAYS to complete. I only work a little each night but struggle with the finishing touches. I like to have a little more than the pics and journaling. Without a few embellishments, I feel like my pages are incomplete.

scrapsandsass likes this.