Washi Tape? help, I think I need it?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 7, 2016.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh I am totally clueless...I thought I got washi tape at staples. But it is tiny duct tape, I have to use scissors to cut it and it is a pain in the lower extremities...
    I know nada about this stuff, but my bullet journal needs some extra oomph.
    any way I live in middle of no where, so am looking at amazon...I know red and turquoise are my fave...so I want narrower ?
    can you enable me?
    I am looking at this?
    AllyDrew Spring Fling Japanese Masking Tape Washi Tape, set of 6
    [​IMG]
    or this and these look fun?
    Masking Sticker Set, 27-Sheet, 3.9 by 2.5 inch
    @WendyBird you are the guru (in my mind) of this....let me sit at your feet and learn!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  2. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Freckled Fawn has an amazing array of washi tape in a variety of sizes. They add new on the first of each month too. Some sell out pretty fast though.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

what's your address. PM me and i will send you some! i have RAK'd 2 other TLP loves this month with little gifties and well, 3 is the magic # so i would love to RAK you too bc you are awesome. (but craft stores, even Target has a line! if you are looking to shop in person)

4. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

If you have Michaels nearby you can get multipacks and with a sale or coupon they're really cheap. I bought a pack of 8 skinny washi for $3.19 (Normally $7.99) with a 60% off sale they had before Christmas. They also have 5 packs of wider washi for the same price. Even with a 40% coupon these are still very reasonably priced. Also Hobby Lobby regularly has sales for 50% off their paper studios brand washi tape. Staples does carry washi tape as well I have a couple of rolls from there. I think it's scotch brand and I think they sell for about $2 per roll.

I agree with Freckled Fawn washi as well...It's super cute and really nice quality. I've gotten a few rolls through grab bags and one of these days I'll probably break down and place an order but honestly I need to go through more of my already overflowing bucketful of washi before I buy more.

5. WendyBird

WendyBird Active Member

I have some of the sheets you posted, they're not my favorite, mostly I forget to use them. The rolls in the picture are super cute!

Target often has some in their dollar spot, as well as Scotch brand with the office supplies - just make sure it says washi on it - they also have "expressions" which is like patterned/colored plastic scotch tape.

Walmart sometimes has seasonal stuff in a cardboard end cap hanger thing (the technical term).

And of course if you have any craft stores - Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Joann, etc all will have some - usually near the scrapbooking stuff.

I adore my Freckled Fawn washi!

I have ordered from this girl, I found her in a facebook group. http://nightowlwashi.storenvy.com/

Also, I'm sending you a PM!

6. AnneofAlamo

I love the kindness. Thank you. I live in what I lovingly refer to the middle of nowhere...lol, we have a walmart and dollar general and dollar tree and a little Kmart. bhahhhaha Target is what we shoot at here! as in guns and bows...think Billy the Kid who was actually born in my little area...
    I do get all gussied up every 6 weeks or so, and take the wagon to the big city for stocking up...so will hit up HObby Lobby and mosey over to there big red target store.

the sheets looked like I would forget them too...

WendyBird likes this.
  7. jenn mccabe

dollar tree sells washi!

jesskab, y_baros and AnneofAlamo like this.
  8. AnneofAlamo

really, I'm on it!

y_baros likes this.
  9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I have no need for this... but I love the colors and designs. Maybe I'll have to incorporate it into my work... tape all the things!!!

bestcee, jenn mccabe and y_baros like this.
  10. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Ann, I have LOADS of washi tape from my paper scrapping days. PM me your address and some favorite colors, and I will mail you a box!

klee73010 and jesskab like this.
  11. y_baros

y_baros missing sock mystery has been solved

I was going to say that I've seen washi at our dollar tree and walmart here. I got some as a stocking stuffer for my boys so that they could use it to sort of label or mark their mechanical pencils for school. Seriously. Mechanicals at their school are like cigarettes in prison. And @jk703 I don't have a use for it either, but I want to tape all the things, too!

Karen, jesskab and jk703 like this.
  12. AnneofAlamo

I should take photos of our shelves at Walmart...we joke that my town is like a 3rd world country...joke, but the saying is, oh I don't need that now, but it is in stock..buy it, cause when you need it, it won't be there. Amazon is our favorite store!

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I found this...

[​IMG]

bestcee, Karen, lorryfach and 3 others like this.
  14. jenn mccabe

you are so right about that. my daughter does the same. but she's mad crazy about her colorful (and expensive) mechanical pencils. i'm not even allowed to borrow them!

y_baros likes this.
  15. y_baros

YES!!!! omg I just laughed so hard!

jk703 likes this.
  16. y_baros

Yeah, no sharing in this house either! I don't get it lol I think I realized the extent of the mechanical love when I overheard one of the kids in my middle son's class say to another, "Will you build my rocket for me? I'll give you these two mechanicals AND lead." o_O

17. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Omg, I laughed harder than I should have really. Bwahahahahaha!

bestcee, Karen and y_baros like this.
  18. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

this thread. Seriously.
    Off to check that store Wendy suggested.

I just bought a few rolls at dollar tree - specifically to hand to my kids on the airplane and let them tape their little hearts out. :backing

I did decide while I was stocking up on their cute patterns that I will not buy rolls when they are less than a quarter of the amount of another roll sold for the same price. For instance: they had some different "more involved" pattern (maybe more texture or harder to print or something) that was about 2.5m in length, next to the same price that was about 10m in length. granted, all a dollar, but those dollars add up. And if it's a pattern i really love, I'm going to want more of it. So... I just made that rule for myself. I went from no tape at the beginning of November, to now an entire shoe box. :blush

so I needed to set some limits for going forward.

Karen and y_baros like this.