New Here?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by lmccandless, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

:wave Hi lovely!

2. GrahamLiketheCracker

GrahamLiketheCracker Little Egg

I have missed your lovely things. I have been following you on Instagram... Off to investigate your shop.

3. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

4. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Yah, so I don't think I ever properly introduced myself. Thanks, @GrahamLiketheCracker for tagging me....

My name is Liz or Elizabeth in real life. My mom always hated nicknames for Elizabeth. Not sure how she feels about my "digi" name.

I have 5 kids. 3 bio. 2 adopted. I homeschool them all. I live in the mountains of Western NC & I've been married for 16 years to a most awesome man. I enjoy playing piano and running....in my spare time (ha!).Then of course I have this template designing business that is like my oasis at the end of the day. I seriously love making templates & digi-scrapping.

And I'm so excited to be here!

Brandi, jk703, bestcee and 2 others like this.
  5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Hi Liz - I am new here too, but I have several other things in common with you. I live in Durham, NC. I have 2 bio sons and 1 adopted daughter from China. Where are your adopted children from?

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

welcome ladies! so happy to have you all here ... and hope you had a great birthday @momnanny !!! :)

8. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Both from China. Our little girl is from Shanghai and our boy is from Xuzhou. We travel to Durham every few months for Dr. Appointments. My son is deaf and has a Cochlear Implant. :)

BevG likes this.
  9. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Very Cool. My daughter is from Guangdong Providence, almost as far south as you can get in China.

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  10. andastra

andastra Can't knock me down for long!

I'm a member for a while and bought some cute stuff. But I wasn't active. I love the new lilypad and I'm excited to learn and see something new!

bestcee, lmccandless and lorryfach like this.
  11. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oooooooooooooh I love that you are here and active!! Have fun and scrap your heart away!

12. Megan H

Megan H Well-Known Member

Hi all!! So...let's see. I switched from paper to digital scrapping in 2005 after my second son was born. For years I was an active participant at Digitals and a member of several creative teams. Between health issues, raising a family of 3 and starting a business, my scrapping took a backseat. 2016 resolution was to get my act together. I have spent a lot of time sorting and organizing my kits to make the transition back to scrapping easier. I have found that most of the sites I used to frequent are closed, but I stumbled onto The Lily Pad and I am in love!!! Hope to get back to some challenges and join a creative team. My goal for every day is one current and one old layout. So far, I'm right on track (even ahead)!! So...thanks for having me. I look forward to getting to know all of you!!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Cath_, bestcee, jk703 and 3 others like this.
  13. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

@Megan H Oh I like that plan! One current and one old layout. I should start doing that, I might even catch up eventually!
    Welcome to the Lilypad!!

Megan H likes this.
  14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome, @Megan H! Can't wait to see what you create!

Megan H likes this.
  15. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

Welcome Megan

Megan H likes this.
  16. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I switched to digital after second child was born too. LOL. Just way easier! I LOVE your goal. I'm thinking maybe I might set a goal of at least 2 a day as well. Right now I'm trying to do 4 a week, but what's a few more? LOL good luck and welcome!

Megan H likes this.
  17. Megan H

Megan H Well-Known Member

@tinkerbell1112 Yes, after my toddler started grabbing scissors and knives off my scrapping table I realized I had to do something...LOL!!!!

18. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Welcome Megan!!

Megan H likes this.
  19. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

Hi! I'm Ruth Ann and I used to scrap a lot. Looking at my folder, I started in 2009 after my first trip to Disney World. Did it pretty consistently until 2011 when I got busy with work and lost steam. Now I've been married a year and have lots of pretty wedding pictures to play with so I'm trying to get back into scrapping. :) I've followed Sahlin Studios a lot so TLP seemed a like a friendly place to hang out and check out other designers. Looking forward to doing challenges and getting my skills back :)

Other things I like to do - play piano, running (hoping for a marathon this year), play with my friends' cute babies, serve at church, go to Disneyland (not nearly as often as I'd like), and being outdoors exploring or hiking.

bestcee likes this.
  20. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome, Ruth Ann! You've found a wonderful community to jump into here at TLP! Hoping you poked your head in here and there and are ready to scrap those wedding pictures. Shout out if you need any help! @corsicar