How Will You Celebrate

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Trista, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Did you know that today is... :dizzy

National Chocolate day? :stash

We must honor chocolate today! It is an official holiday.

*****As if I need an official reason to eat chocolate.*****

:giggle

How will you celebrate? :woot

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Oh I've been contemplating that! LOL. Like I needed more temptation. (like you said). Must celebrate...keep posted.

3. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Didn't know that, and I'm making dark chocolate brownies. Nothing fancy, just from a brownie mix.

4. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

ONe kid had chocolate covered donuts and the other had Dark Chocolate Cheerios. #motheroftheyear
    I'll post pics of some sort of chocolate creation that I make later tonight.
    Sounds yummy to me and mix or not... if it's chocolate it counts!

5. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I did not know this! Good thing I know now though, because I've just eaten up a chocolate letter and I'm gonna use this as my reason to justify it! :)
    (It's a Dutch thing, Sinterklaas related, it's basicly just a chocolate bar in the shape of a letter. You pick your own letter of course. Sinterklaas is happening on the 5th of December but all the candies and decoration are already in every store. So I got tempted today and bought a letter. And ate it.)

[​IMG]

Just to give you an idea of how much you need chocolate letters in your life. They make these kinds of adds. How can anyone not be tempted to buy them?

And they're not little either. The normal size is 160 grams. They also have 50 grams or 100 grams.

6. carilyne

I need my name in Chocolate! Anyone can have their name in lights (or whatever the saying is)

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Cool! I had a Milky Way today, so I guess that was my celebration :)

8. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Bernie, That is so cool! I could totally use some chocolate letters in my life. :)

Funny you mention being tempted by the goodies that are for the upcoming Sinterklaas. Here, Christmas is not until December 25th and we have been tempted by all of the Christmas goodies since the end of September.

9. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I agree!!!

Yummy! My 8yo snagged the last Milky Way last night. Until a few months ago, she thought Milky Ways were gross. *gasp* She has since realized they are pretty tasty, which is seriously putting a strain on my chocolate donations from her stash.

10. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I told my kids this today - I saw Sandra Boynton's post on FB about it! I had them eat ice cream, with a crushed oreo, and chocolate sauce... We didn't have chocolate ice cream though! But it was fun! They LOVED crushing the oreos, lol!

11. carilyne

Alas it was only chocolate pudding, but it was chocolate.

12. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I should have read this earlier and justified having an oreo. I didn't eat the oreos... I have been trying to avoid dairy for almost 2 months now, and mostly I do pretty good. But that means no chocolate. :(

13. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Well my chocolate day was an epic failure. I figure we will make up for it this weekend with all the Halloween celebrating.
    I ended up making chocolate chip cookies because I didn't have all the ingredients for the treat that I wanted to create. :'(

That sounds like a fun treat and chocolate-y enough. :giggle
    It totally counts!!
    Kudos to you for the will power. ;) Another reason I have failed at a dairy free diet. Does dark chocolate have dairy?

14. klee73010

Supposedly, really good dark chocolate doesn't, but I've never seen it.
    We found semi sweet chocolate chips at costco that were dairy free, so we would be able to make kaydee safe "chocolate chip" cookies, which I haven't done. (I just have to substitute the sticks of dairy free butter, and flax-eggs)

And I failed and pretty much completely gave up this weekend (and last weekend at a halloween party). Monday, I will be hating life, probably

15. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Any day is chocolate day in my heart but I just don't eat it as much any more ... it helps that I remember each time I put it in my mouth I will have to work it off in my home gym later :giggle

16. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I didn't know that day was national chocolate day. Since I eat chocolate everyday I'm sure I was covered and celebrated without knowing it.

17. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I am with you, Diane!! I don't know if I eat chocolate every single day--but most of them! LOL

[​IMG]

18. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

Love kissing frogs : especially if they're chocolate ones :)

19. klee73010

Harry potter style *thumbs-up*

20. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I missed this day but thankfully, in our house, every day is chocolate day!!
    [​IMG]