Tell me what you are reading

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by karen perry, May 4, 2014.

1. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

I've just read finish "Letter From A Stranger" by Barbara Taylor Bradford. This author had, has & will never fail me.

I'll be starting on the "The Weird Sisters" by Eleanor Brown. Soon.

2. anrobe

anrobe YouTube addict

I think I'm going to give Oyster a try too - I hear great things about it!

I finished The Fever by Megan Abbott which was pretty good. I'd never read her before but I thought it was fairly good. Not a favorite but pretty good.

I also finished up All Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner and completely agree with Amy's notes above about it.

I'm currently reading Deborah Harknesses new novel (the 3rd in her All Souls Trilogy) - The Book of Life. So far, I'm loving it more than the 2nd book but less than the 1st book. I'm about halfway through so we'll see how it goes as I get finished up.

3. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

The Book of Life is waiting on my Nook.
    I also want to read The Storied Life of AJ Fikry.
    The new Outlander book from Diana Galbadon
    The hUndred Year House by Rebecca Makkai

I'm suppose to read a classic a month this year. Maybe Swann's Way this month. Next month is Middlemarch (I'm determined to read it.)

4. anrobe

anrobe YouTube addict

I really enjoyed The Storied Life of AJ Fikry - it's a fantastic read for anyone who loves books!

And I also loved the new Diana Gabaldon novel - love her and this one was pretty great!

5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Becky - ya...I've heard that the 3rd book is disappointing. Of course, I'll read it anyway to complete the trilogy but doesn't that just suck when you love the first couple and then have a letdown.

So many great recommendations here! I'll be looking up some of the other recommendations for later.

I am a big Lisa Gardner fan and have "Touch and Go" and "Survivors Club" for some summer reading.

6. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

OH I love Lisa Gardner too, last year I found one of her earlier ones in a second hand book store ,(The perfect husband ) And I was as happy as if I had won the lottery! Touch and go is a great book !

7. ChantalK

ChantalK ChantalK

I've been reading What The Night Knows by Dean Koontz on and off…whenever I can find the time

8. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

I've currently reading harder by robin York,I'm having a hard time remembering what happened in first book at the moment

Previously I read stolen course and changing course by Aly Martinez I loved those

9. gybogi

gybogi Giddiyup!

Did someone read the game of thrones? is it good? I thought about reading 'cause I love fantasy but I am not sure. Is the story exactly like the TV show?

10. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

ViVi & Rae ... how are Lisa Gardner's books compared to the "In Death" series? I love & adore the "In Death" series. So if it's comparable, I dun mind giving Lisa's books a try. From the review, it sounds nice. So I had placed them in my Wish List. :p

I'm in need of a diversion from the romantic-paranormal books. *roll eyes at self*

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  11. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I just finished Glitter and Glue by Kelly Corrigan and highly recommend it. I read The Middle Place by her a few years ago and it was good, but I think I enjoyed Glitter and Glue better.

12. anrobe

anrobe YouTube addict

I've read the first two in the Game of Thrones series (so far). They are VERY similar to the TV show - in fact, the first book and season one are almost identical. I have heard they begin to differ as the seasons go but I can't say since I'm only two books in. If you enjoy fantasy, you'll probably love the Game of Thrones books! They have a cult following for good reason :)

13. anrobe

anrobe YouTube addict

Oh! I finished up Deborah Harknesses new novel (the 3rd in her All Souls Trilogy) - The Book of Life. And I loved it. The first was the best, the second was my least favorite and this new one was my second favorite! Happy with how she ended the trilogy! Really enjoyable read!

Next up for me - Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King

14. kbrown0

kbrown0 New Member

Wow, it sounds like we all read really similar books. I have a goodreads account under Chapter Break Kim Vail Brown.
    I just finished, "Finding Cinderella" by Colleen Hoover. It is a free short story and I just never made time to read it. What was I thinking waiting so long?
    I finished the Kristen Ashley "Rock Chick" and found that it dragged. I'm usually really happy with her books, but this one dragged.
    I'm choosing my new book now. I'm thinking I'm going to start Mud Vein, however CD Reiss just released Come Back today, so I might start her Songs of Perdition series. With CD's books I can't wait for the next one, so I like to wait till several of them come out.

Here are a couple series everyone may not have heard about, but really should read.
    JA Huss's Rook and Ronin series
    Tiffany Reisz (several books all in the same series. start with The Siren)
    JD Nixon's Heller series. First book is worth it and they are great

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  15. gybogi

gybogi Giddiyup!

thanks Amy! I will read it.

This weekend I was in a nostalgic mood. I reread Fight club on the beach. :D I love this book. Especially the sentences that begin like ‘ I am daddy’s clenched hand’… or ‘ I am daddy’s lonely heart’.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  16. anrobe

anrobe YouTube addict

gybogi - I still haven't read Fight Club although I've seen the movie quite a few times. I love the movie but keep contemplating if it's worth going back to read the book. What do you think? Do you recommend that?

17. gybogi

gybogi Giddiyup!

[FONT=&quot]I love the movie too. I saw it before reading the book and I still say I love the book. :D (actually I love how Helena Bonham Carter and Edward Norton play their characters in this movie.)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I think it is very hard to make a good movie from a good book, but this is an [/FONT][FONT=&quot]exception the book is as good as the movie. Unfortunately every time I read it I see the faces of Helena Bonham Carter, Edward Norton and Brad Pit. But still it is a good book. So if you have time just read it. :D [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

18. anrobe

anrobe YouTube addict

Excellent! Thanks, I definitely will then! :)

19. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

i havent updated you for a while but fel i need to with this book,im almost half way through and cant put it down

its called Wife number seven by Melissa Brown

20. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I finished it up last week as well and really enjoyed it. I agree about the second one being a bit disappointing.

I am on a Nora Roberts kick at the moment, just finished Morrigan's Cross and started the second one, Dance with Gods.