Friends Don't Let Friend's Fonts Float!!

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Tahnaykay

Tahnaykay New Member

Cool tut I've never looked at font that way but after looking at the tutorial I'll do my best to do my fonts this way because it looks a lot better

2. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

I think this just means it's time I install Big Girl Photoshop and get to learnin'!

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

if you need any help, please let me know! I am an enabler deluxe to get others hooked big time!

4. SmallMoments

You may regret you said this. LOL

5. AnneofAlamo

naw, I have given my phone number and spent hours with folks, you willing I am! seriously, especially since you were such a help to our Heather(kinda partial to her also)

6. SmallMoments

okay- let me get it installed sometime this weekend. If I have issues I will hollar. THANK YOU!!!

7. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

Tried it, loved it. THANK YOU!!!!

8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

here is the layer style I made for the "no font float" in CS3 and I tested it in PSE11 and it works.

***if you want to get rid of the layer style on your element once it is applied, either click on the style box with red x or right click on your layer in the layer palette it was applied to and select clear layer style.***

1.Download style and place in your download folder on your windows PC. (I have windows - no Mac so someone may need to indicate changes if it is different on a Mac.)

2. have your workspace going with whatever font or element you do not want floating open and selected in the layer palette.

okay here we go, as we need to load layer style: (It works in both CS3 & PSE11)

3.To load in PSE11 go to windows > effects > and make sure styles tab is highlighted.

4.In the top right of the effects palette is a little arrow with lines. Click on that and it will bring a drop down menu. In the drop down, select Load Style.

5.Locate the download or wherever you saved it to and then select it. It will remove all other styles and put this in its place. (your previous styles are saved in the drop down so do not worry!)

6.now go to your font layer or element layer that you do not want floating and apply the no font float style.. voila!

Let me know if you need full screen shots but I think looking at Anne's tutorial and the info above you should be good to go.

Here is the link for the "No Font Float" style for PSE11 (the style will also work in CS3 and above too!!)... enjoy :)

https://app.box.com/s/uh6r0mmgkx5pq0jgb2m4

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Thank you, thank you, Christa! I just got PSE 11 and I'm going to try this out now!! *muah*

10. cfile

Carrie,you are very very welcome! My pleasure!!

11. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

I'll have to try your style out on my PSE8!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  12. AnneofAlamo

love it, fun to do, and so great to be in my action palette
    ! makes me smile!

13. cfile

So glad Anne! It really worked great as a style for the art journaling week 4!

14. cfile

I don't think it will work in pse8... I could not load for pse10 and I know actions and styles need a picture or something extra so I have no clue what or how to do it earlier versions. I never could get them to work. The ease of actions and styles ( like full version of Cs) is why I upgraded to pse11 for my laptop it is so nice plus other things 11 does is much easier. Good luck and let us know re pse8 if you load the extra file to it to get it to work.

15. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Fabulous tutorial Anne! I am definitely going to give this a go!!!!

16. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Can't wait to try it on my laptop. You are a super sweetheart Christa!!!! Thank you thank you!

cfile likes this.
  17. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Christa! I LOVE that style ... I grabbed it and used it on a page I did today and I LOVE it! Thank you SO MUCH!!!! I am in heaven ... I think I will be using it all the time :giggle

18. omuli

omuli La!La!La! I can't heaaar you!

Thank you Christa, love that style! I'll be using it all the time from now on... :)

19. cfile

Kimberlee, Amanda & Elina, you are very welcome! Glad I could share. Anne's tutorial was wonderful and I love that effect! Glad I could make a style everyone with CS3 > above and PSE11 can use with one click of the button! :)

20. Helen

Helen I need some balls.

wow awesome TUT!!!