2023 LOD – March 9th – Gina Miller Designs

Discussion in '2023 LOD' started by weaselwatchr, Mar 9, 2023.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

:fairydance:clap:cheer2023 LOD - March 9th - Gina Miller Designs:cheer:clap:fairydance

[​IMG]
    Welcome to the 2023 edition of Love Our Designers (LOD)
    This event isn't a traditional challenge in that there aren't any real rules.
    It’s a fun event to scrap with products from a fave designer or try a new (to you) designer. It’s all about having fun and celebrating the uniqueness of all of our Lilypad Designers!

A Bit About: Gina Miller

Newsletter:https://mailchi.mp/e10cba7b3eb1/blog
    Shop link:https://the-lilypad.com/store/Gina-Miller/
    Facebook fan page:https://www.facebook.com/ginamillerdesigns
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/ginaraemiller/
    TLP username: Gina
    Besides the standard gallery requirements, there aren't any crazy rules to follow beyond simply scrapping with our featured designer for the day!!
    Gina's entire shop is on sale

[​IMG]

Gina was super nice and agreed to a short and sweet interview about herself and her designs/design process.

1. How did you begin designing?
    I started designing way back in 2005 almost immediately after I discovered digital scrapbooking. At the time, there wasn’t as much to buy as far as supplies go, and a lot of tutorials (Rhonna Farrer comes to mind…) taught you how to make your own things. So it just kind of spiraled for me and I was like “I can make these for others!” The first store I sold at was The Digi Chick, followed by Scrapbook Bytes where I hosted a pretty popular template challenge every week! I actually ‘retired’ from designing in 2016 when life with three extremely busy kids got too chaotic for me to find the time, missed it, and came back to the Pad in 2020! I have more time now that my kids are older and I actually find quite a bit of time to scrapbook weekly as well, which I still just love.

2. I know you scrap about your family all the time. Tell us a little bit about them. I have been married for 20 years (!) and have three mostly-grown kids: Emily is 19, a Sophomore in college and studying Accounting. She owns her own small business (ShopElinorRae on Instagram!) where she has a huge customer base making cool personalized items! My son Andrew, 18, is a Freshman down in Tampa living his very best life studying Journalism. He is currently in Mexico this week where he is making a documentary on a women’s embroidery circle for his communications class. My youngest daughter Grace is 14, a Freshman in high school and a star Cross Country runner and Varsity lacrosse player! We stay busy with her traveling to and for her meets and tournaments. Sadie, our adorable old-lady Puggle is 15 1/2!! Ancient in dog years!
    [​IMG]
    3. What does your workspace look like?
    My desk area is right in the main room when you enter my house. I like to sit by my open door with sunlight streaming in and my dog’s bed right by my feet where she naps all day long. I work on a 27” iMac, have a cool custom lamp my Dad built for me right near my screen (its made of the huge cowbell he used to bring to my kickline competitions and ring) and my rose-gold desk organizer is filled with my current nail polish color (I give myself manicures every few nights!) and alllllllll of my books on tarot cards, crystals and gratitude journals!

4. What are some of your favorite kits/products you designed?

Chronicles Vol.2

[​IMG]
    Note To Self
    [​IMG]
    Note To Self 3 Stitches
    [​IMG]
    So Rad Stickers - this sticker pack inspired by Lisa Frank stickers of my middle-school-hood was a blast to create!
    [​IMG]
    5. When you aren’t designing what are you doing?
    You can ALWAYS find me in the gym working out. I’m addicted. I love when my body FEELS good! I am also a newborn photographer and I adore working with my tiny clients (they are under 12 days old when I meet them!)

[​IMG]

6. I need something new to binge watch. What’s the last thing you binged or watched that you liked?

My husband and I are binging Parks & Rec (I had only watched through season 5 during quarantine). So funny… we laugh every night! I also frequently binge and re-binge old favorites like Sex and the City, How I Met Your Mother and Schitt’s Creek.
    If you are interested in playing with Gina’s goodies before they are released you need to keep your eye on the Announcement section of the Lilypad Forums. Gina often posts offering her products for free to those who are willing to create layouts ahead of their release date for a few lucky scrappers each week. Almost like a mini guest creative team call!!!!​
    Speaking of guest creative team calls, Gina has a bit of a surprise announcement!!! For those of you playing along today with her LOD challenge, by creating a layout you will be entered to get a guest spot on her CT!! You have until Sunday March 12th EST to create a layout to be included in the call!!

Here are some layouts that I created using Gina's designs!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now it's your turn...
    Scrap a page using (mostly) Gina Miller’s designs. Meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product. Post in Gina Miller’s Gallery and share your page in this thread (below).

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    Gina, Ferdy, umyesh and 4 others like this.
  2. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

It says March 8th in the thread name, just FYI. Excited to scrap with Gina's stuff!

Gina and weaselwatchr like this.
  3. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

4. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

Gina's goodies are sooooooooo pretty and easy to work with. I love being on her team. Here's a page specially made for today that uses a whole mishmash of elements and paper packs.
    [​IMG]

Gina and Vrielinkie like this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Love her products! And she's awesome too!

Gina likes this.
  6. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

7. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Sorry about that. I guess I didn't want SOSN sale day to end! :happydance2

Vrielinkie and umyesh like this.
  8. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Gina likes this.
  9. Gina

Gina Some women fear the fire. Some women become it.

Thanks for the great post Danica and thanks to all who play along in this thread by sharing a GMD layout! I'll be picking most likely TWO names by Sunday evening to join the CT for the next two months. Yay! :clap:clappy:dance

10. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

I love sloths, so I grabbed this kit immediately! :beat I Scrapped with photos of my niece...
    [​IMG]

Gina likes this.
  11. Smileark

Smileark Well-Known Member

12. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Yah, it's your day. Love creating for you. Here is one I put together just now.
    [​IMG]

Gina likes this.
  13. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

used her winter wishes for the SwL blog challenge that started on Tuesday
    [​IMG]

Gina likes this.
  14. tiffany scraps

tiffany scraps still plays outside

Thanks for the chance to try for a place to guest CT. Love your products!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    Gina likes this.
  15. Psychozoe

Psychozoe Well-Known Member

16. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I love Gina's art especially the animals. I'm a sucker for cute animals!
    [​IMG]

Gina likes this.
  17. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Oh Gina's products are so much fun and Gina is great to work with. Good Luck.

Gina likes this.
  18. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

19. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I love Gina's designs!
    [​IMG]

Gina likes this.