Finding Me In 2023 ~ February 2023 Challenge

Discussion in 'Finding Me in 2023' started by gonewiththewind, Jan 31, 2023.

1. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I have been working on my travel pages. To make them more meaningful to me, I went through my photo albums and referenced dates etc. about trips that make an appearance there. I'm currently up to 12 pages, through the year 2000. I have the next 23 years to go, but I know my travels have slowed down for various reasons, so I'm estimating another 4 or 5 pages tops. I could be surprised though and be totally wrong. My formula is pretty simple. Journaling on either the left or right and a decorated strip of paper on the opposing side. It really has been an eye-opener for me.

Anyway, here are the first 12, posting them as thumbnails to get more to a post.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Lynne-Marie and HavaDrPepper like this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

That is a neat idea! I may have to lift this in the future. All of my travels are scrapped and in album(s) so it wouldn't be hard to find. I have a couple of specific travel albums and then a general album so it would just be getting the dates of things in the right order.

mcurtt likes this.
  3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@HavaDrPepper Feel free to lift away. I really have enjoyed reminiscing as I type up the memories. If you have the photos in albums as I have, it should come together quickly for you. You'll have to keep me posted if you decide to pursue it. I am so glad that I now have a summary at my fingertips (almost, anyway).

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  4. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I forgot about the coupon -- a few more days to use that one . . .

I think where it makes sense along this journey of "Finding Me in 2023", I'll try to embrace art journaling -- it was perfect for travel

[​IMG]

5. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

6. Marif

Marif Well-Known Member

7. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

8. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

This layout has inspired me to create an album of my travels ... "Lessons Learned Along the Way" ... and as I was scrolling down to post, I saw @mcurtt 's post and LOs and I think that we may be "traveling" along the same wavelength :) I need to start journaling about all the places I've been to!
    [​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  9. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

10. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

11. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

12. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

13. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

With March posting it made me realize I never finished my Feb page! Here it is just to document :)

[​IMG]

14. Josoliviamaid

Josoliviamaid New Member

I'm just finding out about this challenge but I want to jump on board. I see that February is Travel (perfect because I flew to Seattle in February) but what is January?

gonewiththewind likes this.
  15. Frede

Frede Member

Josoliviamaid, there were two pages to create in January. The cover page and a hobby page.

16. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

January was the start of this new challenge series. You create your cover page and the first theme was Hobbies. There's a freebie to help you make your cover page. You can find all that info here:

Finding Me In 2023 ~ January 2023 Cover Page & Challenge

And March's challenge theme is Health, and you can read more about that here:

Finding Me In 2023 ~ March 2023 Challenge

So glad you are joining in! Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions!

17. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I had really intended to keep up with this on a monthly basis but I was sick several times this winter. So glad spring is here! For my Travels page I decided to make a summary showing where I've been (my journaling refers to the two non-USA destinations I've been) with a little note about my next planned trip.
    [​IMG]