Finding Me In 2023 ~ January 2023 Cover Page & Challenge ~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED IN POST 112

Discussion in 'Finding Me in 2023' started by gonewiththewind, Jan 1, 2023.

1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

[​IMG]

Hello and welcome to a new monthly challenge series, Finding Me In 2023. The goal of this series is to help you create an album of layouts specifically about you. Each month, a new theme will be presented along with one or more example layouts. By the end of the year, you will have a cover layout, at least 12 layouts, and an ending layout.

The series is facilitated by me (gonewiththewind or Cheryl of Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs). Each month, one or more TLP designers will sponsor. You may find a new product from the designer sponsor(s) to help you specifically create your layout in keeping with the month’s theme, an exclusive coupon to purchase product from the designer sponsor, or a random giveaway.

THIS MONTH’S SPONSOR is Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

Please enjoy this coupon for 50% off your order of $10 or more now through January 31, 2023.

[​IMG]

Random Giveaway by Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

Let’s start off the year with a BANG! THREE random members will be chosen from layouts posted in this thread by January 31, 2023, to win a $20 coupon.

CONGRATULATIONS to the three members who posted a layout in this challenge thread:

Zakirah @zakirahzakaria (Post 57)
    Sarah @Mrsdudds (Post 31)

Brenda @Brendazzle (Post 23)

I'll be sending your coupons in a private conversation here at The Lilypad!
    RandomNumberGenerator_1.jpg RandomNumberGenerator_2.jpg RandomNumberGenerator_3.jpg
    Be inspired by their layouts!

Sarah:

[​IMG]

Zakirah:

[​IMG]

Brenda:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JANUARY’S LAYOUTS:

For our first month, you will be creating your cover layout along with your first themed layout. I’ve created a “Finding Me” cut file along with backing pieces as a freebie to assist you in creating your cover layout. You are not required to use the cut file. Click on the image to download.

[​IMG]

Need inspiration for using the cut file? Check out my example layout and my scrapbooking process video where I ramble on about my love of creating layouts about me!

[​IMG]

JANUARY’S THEME: HOBBIES

This month, our theme is HOBBIES. A hobby is considered to be a regular activity that is done for enjoyment, typically during one's leisure time. Hobbies include collecting themed items and objects, engaging in creative and artistic pursuits, playing sports, or pursuing other amusements.

Take a moment to think about what you do in your leisure time. For many of us, it will definitely be scrapbooking, but certainly don’t be limited to that. You might have a full list of hobbies that you want to document. However, you also might have one hobby that you want to highlight.

There is no requirement for a specific number of words you must use on your page. You may be able to convey your thoughts and feelings with word art or photographs.

Need inspiration for creating a layout about hobbies? Check out my example layout and my scrapbooking process video.

[​IMG]

DETAILS:
    • You may create your album in whatever size and format you choose. You can scrap single or double page layouts.
    • Post your layout in this thread so we can learn more about you while you’re learning more about yourself!
    • Please follow our main gallery guidelines: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  2. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

What a fantastic idea for an album! I'm in such a small percentage of my photos or layouts, I look forward to doing pages about my life every month. Thank you for the cover template!

Lisa B, Sara and gonewiththewind like this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

What an awesome challenge series @gonewiththewind. Look forward to participating as much as I can.

Sara and gonewiththewind like this.
  4. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

I love this! I have always been a big advocate for including yourself in your pages, so this is right up my alley.

gonewiththewind and Sara like this.
  5. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I will do this I PROMISE!!!!!!!!! new year, new organisational skills? having you as an incentive may make it easier!!!!!LOVE YOU @gonewiththewind Happy New Year!!!!!

Lisa B and gonewiththewind like this.
  6. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

This challenge gives me the warm and fuzzies!!!! Thank You @gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind likes this.
  7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Fantastic series! Thank you Cheryl!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  8. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

This is such a great idea, thank you, especially right now as I'm rediscovering who I am at the moment.

Thank you for the freebie Cheryl.

bestcee and gonewiththewind like this.
  9. Beth Holmes

Beth Holmes Well-Known Member

I'm so excited about this year long challenge -- and doing one layout a month is totally doable for me. I find 6 a challenge as I work full-time and also sing in two choirs with rehearsals 2x a week. I have done some pages about me over the years -- but now that my daughter is 23 and no longer lives with us this is a good year to focus on ME! Thanks.

Here's my Cover page -- loved the lettering template!

[​IMG]

And here's my Hobbies page:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
  10. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Thanks for this challenge, for the free cover template and for the coupon. I'm looking forward to Finding Me in 23!

11. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

What a great way to start off the year (along with MOC that is!). I guess it is sort of time I did an album about me rather than just family memories. Hopefully I can keep at it all year long.

12. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

Thank you for the cover template and this fantastic album idea. I love that it happens here in this community, it will be so fun to see everyone’s layouts. Here is my cover.
    [​IMG]

13. katell

katell CT - Sara Gleason

thanks for this amazing freebie and the idea for this album!

14. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

thank you for the challenge. We all need to do a little more ME time.

15. onaponakookt

onaponakookt Well-Known Member

What a great challenge. And perfect since I’m turning 50 this year. Love the cut-out file too!! Thank you

16. Soco

Soco Shhhhhh. Just shhhhhh.

This is going to be so fun!!! :byay

17. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

This is wonderful!!! I have never really done this before!

18. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oh, my heart is so very happy to read how inspired y'all are to join in this challenge series!

scrapchyck and Lisa B like this.
  19. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love this so much!! As someone who is on the verge of becoming an empty nester, I fee like it's time for finding me again!!

AJK, bestcee, Lisa B and 1 other person like this.
  20. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Here's mine: I went a little minimalist. I like simple covers. The hobby one is going to be harder.

[​IMG]