P365 2011 - Are you in???

Discussion in 'Project 365' started by MandaKay, Jan 1, 2011.

1. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Just checking in to hear who all is going to join in Project 365, or even project 52! I just finalized my folder for P365 2010! I have not gone ahead with doing the scrapbook pages yet, but I am so glad I have a folder full of our year for review! I really want to encourage you to join in on one of these projects - you will not be sorry! I am amazed at how far my photography skills have come just getting more comfortable with my DSLR! I am also so thankful for the everyday that I have captured! I never thought I could have finished a whole year of taking a picture every day, and truth be told I didn't exactly take a picture EVERY day...there are some filler pictures for sure! I think the big thing that I recommend, if it is your first year especially, is to just make it simple. Don't try to over do it. You don't need to fru fru up your photos if you don't want to, you don't have to clean them off your camera every day - I usually processed a weeks worth at a time. Don't stress if you miss a day - take two the next day of unrelated things. KEEP it SIMPLE!!! So let me know your plans!

My plans are to continue hosting the P365 thread here. I will start with week Jan 1 - Jan 7 and go on from there. I generally post these every week or so - I try to be as consistent as possible, but forgive me when not! I would love to see your photos - either by posting a link to your blog or whereever you are posting the pics or by posting the pictures themselves. I believe that the encouragement and involvement of others helps you keep going!

Here's to a great P365 2011!!!

2. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

oh i am so in!!!! i cant wait!!!

3. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

I'm going to give it a go this year

4. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

i'll try. i've got pretty much 354 for 2010, just all in other folders, so guess i could work it out for 2010 and help encourage myself to commit for 2011! :)

5. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I am stepping in a bit fearfully. It is so overwhelming to me, but I am so inspired seeing everyone else's photos, so I am going to attempt it. I got my first picture today, so we will see how tomorrow goes! :)

6. Ams

Ams New Member

ME definitely!!! I love my last year in photos!!! :D

7. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

ill give ity a try but forgot all about it till about 8om last nught so yesterdays is pretty crap lol

8. Kelleanne

Kelleanne The One with Unagi

I am in! I am going to do what I did in 2009, and take a pic a day of each of the boys. I will just use the same blog as I did before to post them, but this year I would like to scrap them too. I just need to decise how I want to do that.

9. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

I'm definitely doing it this year! I missed a bit of the end of 2010 and need to go back through to see if I can cobble enough extras together to fill in the blanks (I have no scruples about "cheating" and adding in extra pics!!) but I am determined to do it this year and create an album.

I was toying with the idea of doing Becky Higgins' Project Life, until I saw the price of shipping to the UK. :cornfused

10. jomi

jomi Member

I am definetely trying this year! But I want to take it easy: is I miss a few days no biggie.

11. Dana

Dana Dana

i'm in too :) and i'm doing the stress-free version too - i won't let myself get too worked up if the pic is not technically perfect (or even close - haha) or if i have to use some filler pics ...

12. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I am in too. This is my first year and I am already feeling a bit overwhelmed. Plus I totally forgot to take a picture yesterday, even though I knew what I wanted my picture to be of. But I got what I wanted today and have a few from today already. So I am going to keep plugging away at it. It has also been hard to determine what will be that "one" picture for each day. How do you do that?

13. snaggletooth

snaggletooth Minnetonka? Momma? Either way.

I started lol but im doing it with my own flair
    im not just posting pictures, im adding framing and stuffs
    then ill scrap the picture in a LO LOL i have to scrap anyway

14. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

Last year I found that part easier to do after a while. For example, if I already had 20 photos of DD but only 10 of DS, DS got the next one. Or if a story had already been told earlier on, I'd pick something else. I think the more photos you already have already taken, the easier it is to pick "the one". And I also knew that I would be creating a separate page for big events with lots of photos, so the pressure to pick the one photo that summed it all up just wasn't there and I usually ended up picking something totally unrelated.

15. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I'm almost afraid to publicly commit, but yes, I am in! I'm doing great so far! :lmao

16. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Ditto!

Kate, I actually bought the turquoise Project Life and I love it. I really wanted a quick way to set up an album instead of having the photos sitting on my EHD all year. I'm sure I will digiscrap lots of pages as well but i'm hoping see them in the PL format will keep me motivated.

17. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I am doing ok so far too! :D but I am not posting daily or anything. A couple weeks ago I snagged Vales Block it! 365 and I set those all up with the dates and everything and I am just adding a photo everyday. If I can't get a photo then I am not beating myself up and will just add a paper or something. :) I am going to promise myself that if I can make it through June I will get one photo book with the pages and then one more next Jan. That's the plan anyways! lol

18. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I am loving that so many of you are in!!! You can do it! Some days are easier than others to pick just one picture, I scrap seperately any pictures that I just love of course so don't worry too much about that part Lisa! I will post the photo week thread usually towards the end of the week so you (and I) can just upload our photos at the same time if you are going to be posting them here!

19. star74

star74 Legoland, anyone?