*Winners announced* Week 5 - Challenge - Hybrid Gallery Inspo

Discussion in 'Summer School 2022' started by norton94, Aug 1, 2022.

1. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

winners announced

-------------------------------
    I feel like I must preface this challenge post with a strong disclaimer...
    ***I'm not an experienced or confident hybrid artist***​

In fact, I'm quite average, but that is OK. Repeat, that is ok! I've dabbled here and there out of necessity for a unique gift, personalized product, or one of a kind home accent. It's ok that I'm not 100% what I'm doing yet too. Our blog has enough awesome posts of hybrid printable projects (46 pages of them, in fact) that I know I will find something inspiring.

I really just wanted to give us all a push to try something new, myself included. So this week I'm challenging you to make something!!! Browse through the Lilypad blog for printable hybrid ideas, check out TLP hybrid project gallery, come over to the Hybrid Pad (and see the August challenge about tags), try that cool idea you already have pinned, or try one of the printable or cut file projects for sale to get a kick start, such as Artsy Bit-Printable - Love & Light by NBK Designs. You can pick whatever hybrid idea you want, but it must be:
    physical * touchable * something you can hold * & not just living on your EHD

Here are just a tiny example of projects posted in the hybrid gallery

@Jippo [​IMG]

@MishSpar [​IMG]

@Annsofie [​IMG]

@alleycat [​IMG]

@bjthomas [​IMG]

This challenge is for *every* experience level. If you don't even have a great printer, you can send your print job online to your local print shop or use a thumb drive and take it there! You pick what you make and how complex it is. You pick what Lilypad products you want to use.

If you feel brave enough to make some book marks with Well Read: Library Pockets by Allison Pennington for example, great!

If you are dreaming up some awesome Scrapping with Liz cut file designs to apply to your water bottle with vinyl - woot!

If you are thinking about taking your planner to the next level and want to print some of Elif Sahin's printables out on sticker paper to pretty it up - awesome!​

Prizes:
    1st place: $10 coupon
    2nd place: $5 coupon
    Random prize: $3 coupon
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    General Challenge Rules:
    - please refer above for the specific rules for this challenge - really just that it's a tangible hybrid project made with enough TLP product to post in gallery
    - upload layout to the Lilypad Gallery
    - post your linked layout in this challenge thread
    - layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products (templates count as 15%)
    - uploads must be less than 250k
    - list all credits; no off-site linking allowed
    Deadline is: extended to Friday Aug 12th 11.59pm EDT - due to hybrid nature of challenge :hi5

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    umyesh likes this.
  2. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

I'd love to check out the Printable Hybrid ideas on the blog but somehow, I got an error message saying my access to the blog is restricted by the admin. Let me attach a screenshot in the next post.

3. zakirahzakaria

4. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I don't do hybrid stuff that often, don't really like how things look when I print them. But this one I made back in 2013, and it still hangs on the wall opposite of the bathroom mirror:

[​IMG]

Iowan, norton94 and wvsandy like this.
  5. Laura ODonnell

Laura ODonnell Well-Known Member

I don't do as much hybrid stuff as I used to but I have started a recipe book in a TN of recipes I've found or made up for the Ninja Creami. We are trying to eat light/healthy and you can make some great fruit sorbets and frozen greek yogurts in the Creami. For this book I am using one with kraft pages and adding as I go. I'm using Elif Sahin Meal in Review but also on the lookout for more ice cream kits to add in

CreamiTN1.jpg

CreamiTN2.jpg

CreamiTN3.jpg

norton94 and esahin like this.
  6. norton94

That happened to me when I was searching and calling up too many old posts in a row. It did reset, but I'm not sure how long it took. It was all good by morning for me. I think the site thought I was a bot or something?

I know what you mean about print quality - I have realized that I'm generally only happy if I send out my color print jobs if I need them to be art quality. LOVE this clever artwork!! How fun and happy!

Spendid! This is fun and yummy! Love the photos and handwritten recipes here. Such a clever project to not forget those keeper recipes too easily forgotten by next summer if not saved!

Laura ODonnell and tanteva like this.
  7. zakirahzakaria

Yup, I had a lot of tabs from the forum and shop. That must be it because now I can access the blog just fine! Thanks!

norton94 likes this.
  8. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

These candy cane tags inspired me:
    [​IMG]

My version:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    Karen and norton94 like this.
  9. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

10. norton94

How is it going everyone? I'm in progress - making a gift.

umyesh likes this.
  11. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Can't wait to see your gift Krista!

I'm thinking about making more...maybe back to school treat bags or cards? Can't decide.

norton94 likes this.
  12. norton94

How cute - bet the treat bags would be a huge hit!

umyesh likes this.
  13. zakirahzakaria

I'm cutting out some printables that I printed at a local shop this evening. So excited to touch paper goodies! I plan to make a hybrid page later. Hopefully will be able to finish it before the due date.

norton94 and Karen like this.
  14. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

15. norton94

Love those @Annsofie - they turned out great! Love the personal touch

Annsofie likes this.
  16. zakirahzakaria

I made 2 projects for this challenge. The first is this hybrid layout using mostly Elif Sahin Design's Untold Stories collection:

[​IMG]

And the second one is inspired by @ArmyGrl 's post about tags on August Hybrid Happenings. It's supposed to be a tag but I made it into a bookmark because I need a new one:
    [​IMG]

Thank you for the fun challenge! I enjoyed the whole process and plan to do this more often.

Karen, umyesh and norton94 like this.
  17. norton94

Awesome!!! Glad you felt like it could be a more regular project too :)

18. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

This is not an entry, I think, cuz I'm not sure how much of the stuff is TLP, but I wanted to share. I've made a pocket and an envelope of partly stuff @ArmyGrl sent me, and partly misc stuff I had myself. In the pocket I will put the letter I'm about to write, and maybe some stickers or something. I do these pockets from time to time for my pen pals.

On the back of the pocket I put a printed art card that I found on my EHD. I think it was an old freebie from Tangie Baxter. It has a great quote of Erich Fromm: "Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties."

20220812_133414.jpg

19. norton94

Eva it's stunning! Sure to be loved by your pen pal :)

tanteva likes this.
  20. norton94

[​IMG]

I posted my project :) I'll be framing in a shadowbox for my son and daughter in law's new home as a housewarming gift.

I'll be back in the morning to pick winners. You still have a little while.

zakirahzakaria and umyesh like this.