January 74th | Pad Patter 1.30

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 30, 2022.

1. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

January flew for me!:agree Course, DH tested positive early on, and is now recovered. That kept us busy. We've had TWO snowfalls! And I was able to pretty much breeze through MOC. :D :heartlub That was due to the new challenges, less stress in my life, and several events normally on our schedule were repeatedly cancelled:crazy3 so I had a lot more free time.
    February? I am starting a new tapestry - Year of the Lion- and looking toward Spring beginning. We are also planning another road trip. February typically is a RAINY month, so UGH. But since I restructured my studio over Christmas break, I am more able to create efficiently. So along with hands on projects, I am starting a re-creation of my family's heritage albums. I had made 5 of them tracing back to 1596. We lost ALL of them in a storage room fiasco.:faint2 Now with Ancestry I have to start over. I have some of the photos on a drive, but some are crappy quality. It will be a BIG project.
    So if any designers want to create more/new Heritage/vintage kits...:evillaugh:heartslub:hehe

IntenseMagic and Cath_ like this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm so sorry! We went through that with my mother in law. I hope yours isn't delayed very long!

We haven't missed a day, but the kids have had indoor recess the whole month almost. When it's below 20 with the windchill, they stay inside. I don't know which is worse for the teachers!

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Recess and recess duty is probably one of the reasons I've never taught elementary school hahaha. I can imagine the noise level is a little worse indoors. I think we've missed about 10 days or so this month total, but only one of them was an actual *snow day*, the rest were virtual learning days, so at least we only have to make up the one!

bestcee likes this.
  4. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

January seems to have flown for me. For sure MOC has helped. We had a trip the 2nd week to Kentucky to tour the Ark so I got behind that week and had to play catch up. But, the Tuesday after our trip, I tested positive for Covid so I finally got the vacation I needed after a vacation. Thankfully, I did not have a bad case and I didn't spread it to any of my kids that I saw that Sunday before on our way back home. It did give me time to get caught up on MOC and on Netflix shows.
    In February, I get to keep a grandson one weekend so I am looking forward to that.

AJK and IntenseMagic like this.
  5. IntenseMagic

Oh wow!! I love your plans for February!! I am sure they will be amazing!

6. IntenseMagic

So glad you did not get too sick and that it gave you some down time!! I feel like I haven't seen my grandbabies in forever! I hope I get some time with them in February as well!

Donitab likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I just budgeted, and thought of this thread. And yes, it is most definitely the 74th of January according to my budget. It's ready for a new month!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

MOC really helps me. January is the anniversary of my still born son. Doing MOC helps me work through it. I used to hate and dread January, but now I have a reason to look forward to and enjoy January instead.

9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

MOC really helps me stay sane, I love the buzz and excitement, love the challenges and seeing everyone interpret their differently. The amount of creativity is next level. I need OC to get through the unending heat of summer. Now it's only February to get through. This year has been so unpleasant with humidity very unlike what we usually have.

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

MOC definitely helps me with an otherwise super boring month. I totally chuckled at your thread title. :rofl

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Same timeline here too. Chase is suppose to graduate in June 2023 (although that's not looking good), and my goal is to have his mother/my daughter out of the house and in another living arrangement (she's disabled due to a stroke) that summer. With the exception of having an empty nest for 5 months in 1994, I've been raising kids/grandkids for 48½ years and I'm looking forward to only being responsible for myself.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  12. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

thank you! They reopened restaurants, gyms and the like today. Hopefully they will start rebooking surgeries, fingers crossed.

bestcee likes this.
  13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Yes! On Friday I thought it was February. I started paying bills, balancing the checkbook, etc... And wondering why we were so low on funds...oh, hubby doesn't get paid until Monday! Then at church on Sunday I was all prepared to do my February duties that I had signed up for and I show up early and realized it was still January!

I also have a child graduating in '23! Not sure what her plans are yet. But I still have 5 kids left to graduate so it probably won't feel too different around here.

Me too! Haha. The least favorite day of my homeschool co-op day is our lunch hours. The noise is unbearable. LOL. I have 7 kids so you think I might be used to it...but my kids have learned to be quiet since their father works from home full time.

bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.
  14. IntenseMagic

Bless you, Angela! I'm glad that you are able to find some joy in this month. Hugs to you!!

Angela Toucan and bestcee like this.
  15. IntenseMagic

Same! I love all the activity! I'm sure missing the summer heat right now lol

16. IntenseMagic

Bless you!! I thought my 32 years was a long time!

We will all have to have a *my senior graduated party* next summer!!

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  17. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

18. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

MOC really really helps my January not be s*** & definitely helps with winter blues! I think February is always my longest feeling month even though it’s the shortest.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. IntenseMagic

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of February either :giggle

20. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

And, Punxsutawney Phil said 6 more weeks of winter...

I guess last year he said an early spring. I had measurable snow on April 20th so Phil's forecast is questionable at best!