January 6 : Quadrant Layout

Discussion in 'MOC 10 Challenges' started by bestcee, Jan 6, 2022.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hello! And welcome to Day 6 of Month of Challenges. I hope you are having fun so far! I've loved seeing your creativity in the Gallery!

For this challenge, we are going to create a Quadrant Layout. This challenge was inspired by gorgeous layouts where the layout has 4 separate smaller squares that combine to make 1 beautiful large layout! For this challenge, you will divide your page into fourths. They should not be long and skinny rectangles, but should be about the same width x height. For example, a 12x12 page would be four 6x6 square quadrants. An 8.5x11 page would be four 4.25x5.5 rectangle quadrants. Imagine folding your paper in half lengthwise, then widthwise.

Each quadrant should have a visible distinction from the others. You could use a different paper background in each quadrant or you could use visible stitches to separate each section, anything is welcome as long as there’s a visible distinction between quadrants.

Filling your Quadrants:
    One quadrant will contain your title as the main focus. Two quadrants will contain photos as the focus. One quadrant can be decorated however you want – mixed media, elements, word art, your choice! Journaling is welcome in any of the quadrants, but is not required.

Here is my example:

[​IMG]

Here's an 8.5x11 example from Lisa (ArmyGrl)
    MOC6_QuadrantLayout_SanAntonioFall.jpg

And another example from Sheri (SeattleSheri)
    20220106_MOC_Quadrant.jpg

And a more minimalist one from @lcpereyra
    moc6web.jpg

To Recap:
    1. Your page should be visibly divided into 4 quadrants.
    2. One quadrant with the title, two quadrants with photos, and one quadrant decorated.
    3. No templates for this challenge please.

Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.

Your page must contain Lilypad product (pages with photos and font only do not count). If you use product from other stores, your pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

crazsquaw, ajm, MrsPeel and 4 others like this.
  2. bestcee

FAQ:

do you have to have lines extending to the edges of the pages or can I have stitches in the middle that go outward and give the implication that they will extend to the edges?
    The quadrants need to be visually fully divided to the edges. If the stitches are the only thing that divides them visually, than the stitches should reach the edge. If there's paper or something else that visually divides them, you could use stitches that don't reach the edges.

Can the "decorated" quadrant also contain a small photo that isn't the main focus of the quadrant in combination with other things like journaling and embellishment, next to the two quadrants where the photo is the main focus?
    No, for this challenge, please keep the photos to only the 2 photo quadrants.

Can you tilt the quadrants sideways, i.e. on a 45 degree angle?
    Not for this challenge. Thanks for asking!

If I use stitches to divide the page, can I use different shapes within the quadrant?
    Yes, as long as there is a visually division between the quadrants, and you keep the quadrant focus.

Visual Example of quadrants:
    Example-LG.jpg
    ExampleSm.jpg

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  3. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

This was a super fun challenge!!!

[​IMG]

mom2jackaia, angels, ajm and 5 others like this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

5. Sharon-Dewi

Sharon-Dewi Well-Known Member

What an interesting challenge! Just a quick question: Can the "decorated" quadrant also contain a small photo that isn't the main focus of the quadrant in combination with other things like journaling and embellishment, next to the two quadrants where the photo is the main focus?

6. Mama Shades

Mama Shades Well-Known Member

@bestcee - do you have to have lines extending to the edges of the pages or can I have stitches in the middle that go outward and give the implication that they will extend to the edges? Hope that makes sense!

7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

this was a fun challenge, thank you. I'm feeling in a bright and colourful mood today:
    [​IMG]

Lisa B, ajm, bestcee and 2 others like this.
  8. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I hope I got it right...
    [​IMG]

QuiltyMom, BevG, LynnG and 5 others like this.
  9. bestcee

No, for this challenge, please keep the photos to only the 2 photo quadrants.

10. bestcee

The quadrants need to be visually fully divided to the edges. If the stitches are the only thing that divides them visually, than the stitches should reach the edge. If there's paper or something else that visually divides them, you could use stitches that don't reach the edges.

Does that make sense?

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Court, hope mine is ok? in between my arthritis, injuries and the fact that the program makes me "loose it" I couldn't;t get the horizontal stitches in the same line :(
    :)

bestcee likes this.
  12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I reread the directions several times to make sure it's ok to put more than 2 photos. It only says two quadrants have to be for photos; nothing about a limit to the number of photos. :D
    [​IMG]

ajm likes this.
  13. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

14. bestcee

It's fine. They are pretty evenly divided.

15. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Such a fun challenge!

[​IMG]

SheriScraps, Karen, angels and 4 others like this.
  16. Jess Claire Creates

Jess Claire Creates Well-Known Member

AF332E95-DA08-4EAE-A029-48EC5D7DC571.jpeg

Using mostly Designed by Soco Storyteller collection.

Lynnette, ajm, Lillyia and 2 others like this.
  17. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

thank you for the challenge

[​IMG]

Karen, Mrsdudds, angels and 5 others like this.
  18. bestcee

Yep! As long as the photos stay in their quadrants, you can add more than 1.

djp332 and michelepixels like this.
  19. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Quadrants
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    Lynnette, bestcee, ajm and 1 other person like this.
  20. marnel

marnel Pollywog