Sept 2020 Book Club - The Flat Share

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Jun 30, 2020.

1. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I finished this a while back and just keep forgetting to post!! >>> I thought this was super cute! I didn't necessarily think the concept of a flat share was realistic and certainly it would be nearly impossible for anyone to not cross paths coming or going or to actually let someone sleep in your bed and move their belongings in that you didn't know, but that's what escaping with a good book is. Generally speaking, one of my pet peeves is when authors make their characters book editors, authors, etc. It happens so often. I get that it's what they know, but there are a disproportionate number of books with those occupations, lol. <<<

bellbird and Karen like this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I thought the same thing... I chose not to think too hard about that fact they might have crossed paths and just enjoyed the story. :agree

bellbird and SeattleSheri like this.
  3. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I recently read this book, not my normal go to genre of book (I always read crime/thrillers) but I really enjoyed this book. It was light hearted, I enjoyed the characters and the story.

bellbird, Karen and julianz like this.
  4. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

So I finally got the Kindle version from the library. It seems I was spelling it wrong - 2 words instead of one. lol! Better late than never.

bellbird and Karen like this.
  5. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

My post above this one is confusing me. If i got the book from the Kindle library back then, why did I just receive it again? Another weird mystery in my life!

So, anyway - This book was a fun read. Easy to read and hard to put down because I wanted to know what was going to happen next.

>>>>>What a crazy idea-sharing a bed and only living in the flat half of the day! Post it notes back and forth seemed kind of like a scavenger hunt at some point. Where would the next note be? I'm so glad that Tiffy finally stood up to her ex and that Leon broke up with his GF. I knew right then and there that they would somehow get together. And them yet another scavenger hunt in the epilogue with the engagement. All in all, a great read.<<<<

Karen likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's funny about your post above the last one. Lol. Maybe you meant you finally got a hold request for it? :giggle

I know it was a little far fetched and goofy, and yet I agree with you it was a great read. :agree

djp332 likes this.