Forum, Gallery and Signature Rules

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by lmccandless, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

@scrumptious and to continue what Farwen said, the gallery rules state "Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed." (Direct copy/paste from the gallery lol.) So you have even more leeway with non-challenge LOs.

scrumptious and Farwen like this.
  2. scrumptious

scrumptious Well-Known Member

@Farwen & @Tree City, thank you for clearing that up! I had seen that the gallery required 50% TLP products, but I didn't know if that meant current product or just product that was bought at TLP. Sounds like you're saying it means current product. That's such a bummer (since I'm almost always a kit scrapper, though MOC has been slowly changing that about me) but I guess that's what open galleries are for, elsewhere :)

Tree City likes this.
  3. Lauren LL

Lauren LL New Member

thank you for the information I now know what is not and is ok on this site TLP.

4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

5. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

One more question regarding what products are considered active. Designers often offer free products and keep the links active for long periods of time. e.g. the template challenges. The products are available on the site here but not for sale in the store (still free). I was thinking these products, from active designers, are considered the same as designer products for sale in terms of eligibility %s. Am I correct? and how are these freebies considered for MOC...thinking ahead to 2021!

7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

For the freebie to be eligible for challenges and particularly for MOC, it must be available through the TLP store. Please confirm @mrs2a50 and @lmccandless

If you aren't scrapping to enter the layout into the monthly challenges or MOC, then you simply need to follow the general gallery rules at the top of the gallery. :)

I have my monthly challenge templates free in the forum and on my website for a month. After that, I wait a period of time until I have enough to make a new set (4 templates in a set), and then I'll pop those in the store as Fiddlesticks Sets so that if you have my monthly freebies in your stash, you can easily use them for challenges and for MOC. I always try to get those ready and in store especially before MOC to make it easier on y'all. If you look at the product description on those Fiddlesticks Sets, you'll see that I specify what freebie template numbers are included. I hope that helps!

Fiddlesticks Sets available here: Fiddlesticks Sets 1-15

Here's the note on Fiddlesticks Number 15, so you can see what I mean about tracking what freebies are in store:

Note: These templates were offered as freebies and were named as follows: Fiddlesticks Number 57, Fiddlesticks Number 58, Fiddlesticks Number 59, and Fiddlesticks Number 60. Please check your stash before purchasing.​

8. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

@cookingmylife @gonewiththewind

For the monthly challenges, you can use current, free or retired product from resident designers. If it's from a guest designer, it must be currently in the store. From the challenge guidelines: "Challenge layouts must contain 75% TLP product (eligible product can be current or retired product from resident designers, or guest designer product that is currently in the TLP store)."

For MOC, you must use product that is currently in the store.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  9. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

10. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Is it ok to link to something non scrappy related within my credits in the gallery? Wanted to give more context to a term I've used for those who are interested. I've put it in at the moment but if its not allowed I'm happy to remove it

KimJ likes this.
  11. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

@littlekiwi Something informational like that is fine. We just want to avoid sales-related or spammy type stuff. :)

bestcee and littlekiwi like this.
  12. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Great to know...I didn’t think it would break any rules per say but I’d rather ask and correct if I needed to.

bestcee and KimJ like this.
  13. myka

myka Well-Known Member

Thank you, got it.

14. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

It is always good to review the gallery and forum rules! [>]

[​IMG]

omlialie likes this.
  15. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I kiss Bart

16. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

17. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

18. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer