Hello, from South Wales UK

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by Mrsdudds, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone, my name is Sarah and I am 39 years old. I live in a small village in South Wales, UK with my husband and son.

I used to be an avid digital scrapbooker many years ago, but then a computer failure happened and I lost my entire collection of digital kits and photographs :(. After this happened my heart wasn't in it anymore for a long time, the thought of having to start from scratch again collecting kits was too much.

But I have now decided that now I have more time on my hands to create memories I am going to start digital scrapbooking again, and hopefully get a kit collection going again.

I love reading and you will find my reading adventures on my blog and my instagram page. I have two border collies who are like chalk and cheese, one is adventurous and stubborn and the other one is a big softy and scared of his own shadow. Be plenty of scrap pages with these two popping up.

I look forward to making some new scrapbook friends :)

2. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Welcome, Sarah! So glad to have you here! You picked an exciting time to join in with all of the MOC activity that will be happening. So sorry to hear about the loss of those photographs. I hope you enjoy rebuilding your stash and getting back into scrapping. You may want to look through the FAQ thread if you haven't already. Let us know if you have any questions. :-)

3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Hello Sarah

I'm in England. I studied at Swansea University and fell in love with Wales. I normally visit with my family several times a year, but not this year with the border being closed.
    It's great that you are starting to scrap again, and I'm looking forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery.

There's a chat at 6pm in our timezone today (1st Jan) if you want to pop along to the chat room and meet some of us.
    https://the-lilypad.com/chat/

Mrsdudds likes this.
  4. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome Sarah! Sorry you lost all of your stuff. It's a perfect time to get back into it during MOC!

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome to the Lilypad! So sorry to hear about the loss of your stash... if anyone can understand how awful that must have been... it's us. I'm glad you're feeling the urge to start scrapping again though! We also have a really informal book club her in the forum too. Check out our "Reading Pad". :agree

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome Sarah!
    I'm sorry for your lost. That would be so disheartening.
    We had a border collie mix, I can't wait to see your dog pages! They are the best dogs, so full of personality. How old is your son? Mine is 10, almost 11. I live in Indiana, USA.

7. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

welcome to TLP, Sarah

8. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Hello from across the pond! Welcome to the Pad! After losing two external hard drives I decided to go with cloud based storage for photos and scrapbooking kits (iCloud user here...works with all my platforms...phone, iPad, computer). I find I am a digital kit collector....so it didn't hurt my feelings too much to loose kits. I keep buying so many more. Um, yes. You can call me addicted!!!

Well--welcome on board! I look forward to viewing your gallery!

9. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hello Sarah and welcome!!

11. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah and welcome from a fellow Brit (I live in Derbyshire). I can't imagine how devastating losing all your digital stuff would have been (well, I can but I hadn't been digi scrapping long and had some of the stuff on cd's - yes it happened that long ago). You've found us at the right time with the Month of Challenges starting and it will be great to see your pages in the gallery.

12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Hi Sarah!
    What an awful loss!
    I've always made scrapbooks and have been creating digital pages prolifically since 2007. I'm in Virginia, USA and live with my husband and kids ages 19, 17, and 14.
    Glad you made it to the chat earlier today! Have fun with MOC!

13. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Sarah! So sorry you lost all your photos and kits. That would be difficult, especially the photos. Glad to see you venturing back into scrapbooking! Welcome to the Lilypad!

14. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Welcome to the pad Sarah and I will look forward to seeing your layouts. Like others have stared, your timing is perfect.

15. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Welcome,hope you have a fun time here with us.

16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Welcome, Sarah! We're so glad to have you here!

17. mmmbisto

mmmbisto Member

Hey Sarah! I'm just across the border in England (Gloucestershire) with husband's family living in Wales :) Welcome aboard!

Mrsdudds likes this.
  18. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Good to see you here Sarah, I think you know me :)
    I have roots in South Wales, Llangennech Nr Llanelli in Carms. I look forward to seeing you around and your gallery filling up with pretty layouts! Sending hugs and take care :heartlub

19. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hello and welcome to TLP!

20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi Sarah, we're glad you found us and hopefully you can enjoy scrapping & sharing your stories and art again (i'd be devastated if i ever lost my stash too!) - i'm across the globe, closer to Sydney in Aust, but as I see above, you will find many more local friends as well as ones living afar here so welcome to our little community!