PS CC updates vs 21.2

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by cfile, Jun 16, 2020.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

In case you are looking for the paint can, you will want to go to Edit>Toolbar and then Restore defaults... for whatever reason they hid it as it was not nestled with the gradient tool. (I have already done mine so the paint bucket shows, but in case any of your nestled tools you use are missing, restore defaults for the toolbar.)

editoolbardefault.jpg

Also the preset manager does not reflect the shapes, patterns, actions and styles that came with PS before, anymore... if you need to delete or load them you will need to go on the top toolbar to Window>and then choose your pattern, shape, style, action etc to bring up the window where you can add the legacy (old adobe shapes etc are now referred to as legacy).

Hope this helps!
    legacy.JPG

flowersgal, Ferdy, tania and 5 others like this.
  2. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Help! When I click to move or resize an element it now duplicates but I can't find the duplicate in the layers list. The duplicate disappears eventually but it is very confusing. I figure it's something to do with my graphics card. Any ideas?

3. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

@cfile - Oh thanks!!!! This totally helped me.
    @wvsandy - I'm not sure. I just took a look at mine and it doesn't duplicate. I always use the hotkey to duplicate (hold down alt and then click on the shape you want to duplicate). But I can also see the duplicate in the layers list.

cfile likes this.
  4. cfile

Sandy, I had that same problem.....

NOTE: Before you do this, make sure your styles are saved, your brushes are saved and your actions, shapes, patterns are all saved so you can reload them afterwards. (I didn't and lost all my loads)

I reverted to an older version from the CC update screen and then uploaded the 21.2 version again... I still had a problem so I uninstalled via the same screen and then reloaded and now the move works without duplicating everything. That was when I lost my paint can etc...

upload_2020-6-18_3-6-17.png

Sandy- since I "uninstalled" and reinstalled it now works fine without duplicating when using the move tool but I had to reload all my presets.

Hope this helps!

5. cfile

Liz it is a glitch that I looked to see if there was an answer, as I had the same issue as Sandy... I am on windows so it may have been the reason? I have since reverted to a prior version and then I uninstalled and reinstalled it (lost all my presets when I did that though :( ) and now it is running fine, except I had lost my paint bucket tool. The legacy shapes patterns etc I had found out about after the last update.

6. cfile

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  7. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Can you save all the actions together (I do not immediately see that possibility) ... or one by one?

8. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

bestcee and cfile like this.
  9. cfile

Unfortunately Actions are one by one.

10. cfile

(NOTE: I would not do this re the preferences thing if you are not computer savy)

Yeah I agree.. when I updated this Tuesday morning, I had the same issue Sandy @wvsandy re moving an item and it was duplicating it... I searched & I was looking for answers with no luck so I went and reverted to old and then updated again... that didn't work for me so i just uninstalled and reinstalled via the quick button on the cloud app, (without saving my presets) and yup I had to redo everything. It did fix my duplicate on move glitch though :)

11. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

@cfile I just went into Edit/Preferences/Performance and unchecked Legacy Compositing That seems to have worked.

flowersgal and cfile like this.
  12. cfile

I sure wish I had done that :)

wvsandy likes this.
  13. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Interesting. That seems to align with the known issues page:
    Layer changes don't update correct with Legacy Compositing enabled
    Issue:

When Legacy Compositing is enabled, layer content remains, or is visibly duplicated, after moving the layer or adjustments aren't visible at different zoom levels.
    Workaround:
    Open Preferences > Performance and uncheck Legacy Compositing.
    By default, the Legacy Compositing option is off.​

While looking at that page, I also saw this:
    Photoshop freezes and becomes unresponsive
    Issue:

When using adjustments on documents with Rulers visible, Photoshop freezes and becomes unresponsive.
    Solution:
    This issue has been fixed in Photoshop 21.2. Update Photoshop to the latest version.​

I am still on 21.1.3. Photoshop has frozen on me a couple of times in the last week. It really bummed me out because I just recently rebuilt my computer software-wise and everything was running so smoothly. Dollars to doughnuts, the rulers are what my issue is. Guess I'll be moving updating PS higher on my priority list. The Legacy Compositing thing makes me nervous though, since I know checking that has fixed issues for me in the past, although I don't remember what those issues were.

keepscrappin and cfile like this.
  14. cfile

mine is unchecked now and so far everything is working fine so thanks for posting this as well Kim.. Crazy.. I am just mad I had to load everything again (ie styles brushes etc) as I was trying to solve the duplicating on my own and uninstalled re installed :(

KimJ likes this.
  15. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

@KimJ & @cfile Everything is working great for me now. Even the paint bucket shows up. Kim, I'd recommend that you update.

KimJ and cfile like this.
  16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Good to know! I just upgraded my ssd in my computer so I have to reinstall Photoshop anyway. Thanks for the heads-up on potential issues!

cfile likes this.
  17. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I've learned here, that postponing an update a few days, and checking in here can save a lot of heartache.

cfile and KimJ like this.