What is your favorite new technique tried during MOC?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by kelley, Feb 2, 2019.

1. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I know that during MOC7, I tried SO many new things on my scrapbook pages!! Many I had done something similar to before, but there were several that I had never thought to do. What about you? Did you try some new-to-you techniques this MOC? Do you have a technique you are totally loving now thanks to MOC7??

cfile likes this.
  2. kelley

I tried several things new this MOC! Subway journaling, filled silhouette, alpha background, cutout title, white on white, blending photo technique, traveler's notebook, and an ellie shape cut out of journaling.

My favorite at the moment, or the one that I really want to do again right away is the blending photo technique where we had a b/w photo blended on the background, then duplicated a portion to put in color. I love that so much! I'd also like to maybe do the silhouette thing again for my kids... I also really loved the painted edge challenge!

cfile likes this.
  3. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I loved the blending challenge too. but I think one technique I will use again is the cropped/hidden photo as title. I really enjoyed the result

kelley and cfile like this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Great topic and thread @kelley Kelley :) The techniques are always so much fun.. i am not sure which one is my favorite but I also want to try a page where I combine several together at the same time. I think that would be super cool.. I think I will put that on my to do list once things settle down for me abit :)

kelley likes this.
  5. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I loved more than one, the blending challenge is something that I can see me doing it again, the clipped photo to title also...but the thing that I think too cool is the duotone technique...I saw amazing pages on the gallery showcasing this one.

kelley likes this.
  6. kayjaydo

kayjaydo Keeping my feet firmly on the ground

When you list it all like this, we did learn a lot in January didn't we! I couldn't say which I liked best though, the blending looked beautiful, the subway journalling was fun, the duotone created a whole new world, and the hidden photo made for great title work.
    I will definitely be trying one of these again for one of the February challenges, where you have to revisit MOC7!

7. kelley

Ooh that is a fantasic idea!! Now you've got me thinking...

cfile likes this.
  8. kelley

I was super excited to see the revisit challenge for this month! Fun :D

Dalis likes this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

:) LOL I try to keep those creative gears sparking.. can't wait to see what you do my dear!!

kelley likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Mine was Christa's Day 4 Blending Technique, too I struggled with that one, but when I finally got it, it was thrilling!

cfile likes this.
  11. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

The subway art one - that was fun learning how to mix up the fonts

12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i have to go with duotone - it freaked me out a bit at first seeing my DS with green skin but then i scrolled thru the thread and saw so many cool examples and i ended up loving it - will definitely be using that one again instead of the regular B&W conversion

13. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I had tried duotone before but didn't get it to look right. I didn't try a gradient map but instead just played with layer style and basically rooting around in PS lol! Anyway, I'm so happy to have found the correct way to do it. :)

So much fun and so many new things to try on my pages. I love MOC!

Cherylndesigns and cfile like this.
  14. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

While none of these were new (thanks to scrapaneer's- I've learned LOTS of techy stuff there!) I did really love the duo tone- I forgot about that one, even tho I use Gradient Map for all my b/w photos- I just forgot about changing the colors!

cfile likes this.
  15. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Mine wasn't actually part of a technique challenge--I liked the challenge of turning the Traveler's Notebook size template from the last day into a realistic looking TN. I also used a lot more styles during MOC, and I plan to keep doing that. (Before MOC I used styles on maybe 1/5th of my layouts. During MOC it was probably more like 4/5ths.)

Karen and cfile like this.
  16. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I really learned a lot this time around. I always do, but it just seemed like far more this time. Probably the best one is an offhand comment during a video tut for the duotone challenge - I never knew about adding an alpha channel, that it's a one click thing. That tip alone has saved me so much time and frustration already.

But! I also figured out the path part of text to path, that's a v cool thing. And! how to use layer groups, holy mother of pearl does that make 100+ layer pieces more manageable. And brushes, I thought I had a handle on those too but nope, more to learn.

Ok but back to the original question - fave technique is the fake dof. I find myself using that all the time now. It's an awesome way to fix a boring backdrop.

cfile likes this.
  17. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

The blending photo technique was my favourite too.
    the one MOC challenge that I will revisit for this months challenges is the large photo.
    This was my favourite MOC, to date.

Karen and cfile like this.
  18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I ended up doing this on a later challenge too because I liked the look a lot!

Ga_L likes this.
  19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I have a few to "revisit" this month. With family in town due to family emergency I didn't get to finish my MOC!!!!!

kelley likes this.
  20. kelley

Ooh life doesn't always quite work along with our scrapping plans, right? Can't wait to see your pages. :)

Dalis likes this.