Digital Pin Exchange - Fall 2018 Edition!

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Dalis, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jurfjbh1ayad865/TLP_Summer18_PIN-Xchange.zip?dl=0

A few months ago Mommyish (Leah) released the Enamel Pin Builder and started a Pin Exchange.... which made a lot of us very happy and very addited to creating PINS! She also released an add-on with additional styles for your pins called Glittery Enamel Pin Styles. I will be the first one to say that I can't have enough of them! I can't WAIT to see all the pins from the exchange! AND.... I CAN'T wait to do this all over again this month! I sent Leah a private message to volunteer myself to run this challenge because I NEED to HAVE MORE PINS! This time we are going to follow a very loose theme.... drum roll please........ the theme is SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER, NOVEMBER, anything that has to do with Fall, Harvesting, Thanksgiving or anything that happens during the next 3 months (since I know we all live all around the globe)!

**** I added a new video on how I use the style/actions at the end of this post. It has some cute scarecrow pins!

Just in case you have no clue about what product I am talking about that revolutionized our pin making skills, here it is:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Did you hear there is a new Enamel and RIM styles in the store? I am going to try these for this month.

[​IMG]
    OMG..!!!!! NEW PIN STYLES!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the Summer PINS!
    [​IMG]

How do I even make a pin?!
    • Install the Enamel Pin Builder Styles & actions
    • Watch the video tutorials for your program - if you are still unsure - hit me up here and I will be happy to help you out. :) . @angiekey created the following step by step instructions for those that like written instructions better. HERE (I have posted the written instructions in the second post of this thread)
    • Have an idea! If you aren't sure look up "enamel pin" on pinterest and you flooded with ideas.
    • Get creative. <3 Use shapes, your brush tool, text, etc! Use other styles to create other interesting effects.
    Remember, since this is an item that will be shared with others - if you use outside graphics they have to be CU ok.

Still unsure - watch this video!

Drawing from scratch? Watch this one!

Some of you asked me to make a video on how I USE the styles and actions, here it is!

How do I save my pin for other folks?!
    • You will want to create a new document that is 300ppi in RGB format with a transparent background.
    • Keep in mind that pins shouldn't be GIGANTIC - ideally you will want your pin to be smaller than 2 inches. (600 pixels)
    • When you save your pin be sure to save it as a .PNG file (this maintains the transparent background)
    • Save the file as username_tlp-xchange_pinname.png for example I'd save mine as mommyish_tlp-xchange_rainbow.png
    • UPLOAD HERE
    [​IMG]
    I can not wait to see what you guys come up with! NO LIMITS ON NUMBER OF PINS :D

Deadline is Nov 30th, 11:59pm EST

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    jenn mccabe, tanpopo and crazsquaw like this.
  2. Dalis

Ok, so I am not terribly good at color matching, so now that NBK has join our Lilypad family I can officially use her Painted-Toolbox: Colors! Here Painted-Toolbox Colors are free at the store for you to create items to match her amazing kits. My pins use:

[​IMG]
    Strength of a Woman {Painters-Toolbox: Colors}

by NBK Design

[​IMG]

3. Beckie

Beckie Active Member

Hey Dalis!! I would love to give this a try...I just want to make sure I understand, the title says "Fall" edition but the text says "June, July, August" themed pins...?

Dalis likes this.
  4. Dalis

That would be because I was falling asleep when I did this and forgot to change it... oops. It is FALL EDITION.

tanpopo and Beckie like this.
  5. Beckie

Beckie Active Member

lol! awesome because I'm totally OVER summer. I'm in for a Fall pin swap! can't wait to play!!

Dalis likes this.
  6. Dalis

PERFECT!!!!!!

7. sthomas51004

sthomas51004 Well-Known Member

I'm not great at picking my rim color. Does anyone have any go to colors that you are using?

8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

There is a thread here somewhere with this picture. I saved the picture in my pin work folder, so I will upload it here. These are Melinda's colors. Enamel-Pin-Rim_colors.png

9. sthomas51004

Thank you!!

10. sthomas51004

Here is what I have come up with so far.

[​IMG]

11. Dalis

The one I used for the pumpkins was one of the colors from NBK's color palette for the collection: Strength of a Woman.

12. Dalis

OMG, those are so cute!!!!!!!!

13. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

I haven't made any pins in a while, but since fall is my favorite season I couldn't not participate. Here's my contribution (so far):

18-Fall-Pins.png

14. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Yay! My first pin in PSE (I used to fake it in Aritsan). Simple, but look ---> If you see anything obviously wrong, let me know....
    BevG_tlp-xchange_boots.png

15. Dalis

I want those boots in a size 7.5 or 8, please!

16. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

Here is an a color swatch file that goes with the graphic for PS/PSE peeps of my rim colors ;) Download HERE
    Enamel-Pin-Rim_colors.png

sthomas51004 and BevG like this.
  17. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

I have so many things I need to get done, but I decided to make today a mental health day and do something fun instead. The leaf colors are mostly coordinated with the BYOC Nov 2017 colors. Oct2018-prev-w.jpg

18. Dalis

These owl's match the BYOC.

[​IMG]

19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Whoa! these are awesome Dalis!!!

RJMJ and Dalis like this.
  20. Dalis

I really like them too!

jenn mccabe likes this.