that'll fix it! | Pad Patter 9.14

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Sep 14, 2018.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Some weeks seem to have more issues than others, nothing massive this week but there's always little things and apparently everyone approaches them differently.
    My mum used to tell us "There's nothing a good cry won't fix' but ever practical DH is more about duct tape and "There's nothing a trip to the hardware store can't fix". DD went into a meltdown when she had computer issues and Dad saved the day with a paper clip and a reset and she was like "There's nothing Dad can't fix!" (well, there are but they didn't factor into her thinking at the moment and well, crisis averted!). I haven't had chocolate in ages but DS shared with me tonight (the kids have a neverending stash from the grandparents) and I found myself thinking 'there's nothing a piece of chocolate can't fix' (even if I see the flaws in using that calorie laden thinking on a regular basis) and DS runs to get bandaids at the drop of a hat; i think they are his duct tape!

What fills in the blank "There's nothing a ____ can't fix?" at your place?

Off to catch some zzz's, hopefully that will fix the tired a bit - happy Friday, all!

Tree City likes this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

There's nothing a cup of tea can't fix.
    Tea is for when you're sad, when you're celebrating, soothing for before bed time and a general pick me up.

3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I agree with the chocolate! For my dad, it was a can of WD-40. He used it on everything, even to start his car!

Beckie, bellbird and Tree City like this.
  4. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

For me - Dr. Pepper
    My daughter - KT Tape (it's her current version of the band-aid cure all from when she was little)

Beckie, bellbird and Tree City like this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

There is nothing a HOT SHOWER can't fix! Well, it can't FIX anything, but it can sure make you more relaxed and refreshed.

Maybe it's just and my kiddos. When the three of us get anxious, overtired to the point of crying, worried, distraught . . . I always say, go take a shower. For example, Daniel used to get really frustrated with homework to the point he might start crying. I would tell him to go calm down and then take a shower. He would come back from the break with a renewed mind and would be able to handle the homework quickly where he was blocked before.

The kiddos used to get so mad at me, but now they both agree the wisdom in my instruction. Now they are old enough, they will do it on their own.

Beckie, berniek, bellbird and 2 others like this.
  6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

There's nothing a nap can't fix*

*obviously untrue, but gosh darn it, sometimes I need sleep, and sleep gives my brain a chance to think about the problem without being interrupted by me grinding my teeth

KayTeaPea, bellbird and keepscrappin like this.
  7. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Hmmm...I was thinking more along the lines of nothing a strawberry margarita can't fix.

Karen, Beckie, bellbird and 3 others like this.
  8. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

9. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Ha! Great minds! ;) I was going to say Alcohol lol but also coffee for me or Ice cream for the PG version! :giggle

bellbird and Tree City like this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

There's nothing that going to Sanibel Island won't fix. My daughters are the same way. We vacationed there for 2 weeks every Christmas break for many years and it's still a magical place to us. As soon as we go through the toll booth and get on the Sanibel Causeway, we say "Ahhhhhh, Sanibel". I love that we live here now and can go whenever we want.

Karen, Beckie, bellbird and 1 other person like this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I like your ideas!
    DH always says "There's nothing time can't fix". And it's true. Even if sometimes it has to be a long time before it's fixed.
    Me? Currently, I prefer a good cooking-baking session. There's something about pounding frustration or tears into a recipe that gives me peace.
    Depending on my location, there's nothing a body of water won't fix. The peace and restoration of sitting by a lake, pond, or ocean.

bellbird and Tree City like this.
  12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'd have to say a bubble bath/shower or just good ole sleep will fix anything at my house. I often come up with great ideas in the bath or shower and a nap or good night's sleep always does wonders for my attitude and helps me overcome problems.

bellbird likes this.
  13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

For ordinary everyday problems, the fix for me is simply time. Sometimes just a good night's sleep.

bellbird likes this.
  14. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

So many great answers have already been given. Tea, Sonic coke (their ice is wonderful), chocolate, a chocolate chip cookie, glass of wine, nap (just had one today). When I'm sad I really want a Sonic coke. Way back when I was raising kids and my son would get upset about schoolwork, we would stop and have a cup of tea. That seemed to help him.

bellbird likes this.
  15. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I happen to have a spinning headache right now. But, I have one more hour of work left. I immediately reached for gummy worms (in case it's blood sugar) & an ice pack.

Beckie and bellbird like this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Sounds like nothing a bit of 'weekend ' won't fix; -)

jesskab likes this.
  17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I agree with so many of these, tea, hot showers & just a visit to the beach can kinda fix most things for me too; I'm not good at the art of napping but lying on the floor stretching is my version of that quick fix Lol!

18. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

There's nothing coffee can't fix.
    Or a trip to the beach.
    Or a nap/good night's sleep.
    Or a milkshake.
    Or, right now, just the weekend.
    But I do go through a lot of duct tape lol. You know what they say, "if you can't duct it, ....":giggle

19. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'd have to agree with a hot shower. It can definitely change my attitude.

2 years ago when we were in China adopting our 2 youngest we had just been on the worst flight of my life. My newest 2-year old threw up ALL OVER me, my new 3-year-old peed ALL OVER me. Not kidding. I sat there for 2.5 hours in pee an vomit in the worst turbulence I had ever experienced. Then we arrive at our hotel where we were going to have to be living for a week before heading home. We walk in and it's the smallest hotel room I've ever seen with 2 "full" size beds which were more like twin size beds. I broke down. I just couldn't handle it. I hopped in the shower & was a brand new person ready to conquer the week in a tiny hotel room with a new 2 and 3-year-old.

There's been many other times a hot shower has fixed things...but that one is one I'll never forget.

Karen and michelepixels like this.
  20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Wow Well if that is not a ringing endorsement for hot showers, I don't know what is! Showers are such a point of contention here, it starts the 'I don't wanna go in first", " I went in first yesterday" argument between my two every night - it takes forever to get them to go in & then it is one of those life's great ironies that they just want to stay in there forever & u can't get them out! I wish they were at Cheryl's @gonewiththewind Daniel stage!

gonewiththewind likes this.