New Here?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by lmccandless, Dec 21, 2015.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I use that too as do a lot of us here, so any questions ask away and we will all do what we can to help! As Justine said the Learning Pad forum here has a lot of great tutorials, as do a lot of the TLP Designers have tutorials on their blogs. Also check out google for PS tutorials for beginners.. I learned a lot years ago by following tutorials on line. Just holler at me if I can help in any way Tiff!

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I have had an account at The Lilypad for quite some time, but haven't really spent much time here--YET. (I'm pretty sure that's about to change!) I've taken a couple of classes from Tangie Baxter, and have gotten to know Lynne Grieveson because of a podcast she did with Jana Oliveira at 2Worlds School Community. I've been in DigiLand since about 2007. Our frequent travels (in the U.S.A.) and our 12 grandchildren provide endless fodder for scrapbook pages. I occasionally enter into ArtJournalLand, especially as I have been focusing on doing a more artsy style lately. I LOVE challenges! ...especially when there is a possibility of a prize!

Dave and I just celebrated our 49th anniversary (2018). He has been retired for 13 years from the practice of optometry. We enjoy playing golf and making road trips. We are part of a home-church, and I play the autoharp to accompany our singing. I have sewn since my age was in single digits...clothing, quilts, crafts. Before digi I was a rubber-stamper. I still make all my greeting cards, but I sacrificed the mess of ink, embossing powder, glue, paint, etc. about 5 minutes after discovering the joy of Photoshop. Writing has always been part of my life, having written a newspaper column for a few years, and two books (sadly, unpublished).

Thank you for the warm welcome I have received. I look forward to making new friends and connecting with some old friends as I hang out at The Pad!

Li Li Wee, jenn mccabe and cfile like this.
  3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome Shar and Congratulations to you and your husband on your 49th Anniversary!!! That is wonderful!! Make yourself at home, and if there is anything we can help with just give a holler. I am enjoying some of your pages in the Gallery already :) So glad you are here!!

SharLamb likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Welcome to The Lilypad, @SharLamb!! We are so glad to have you here!

5. Cbholland

Cbholland New Member

Hello! I'm new to pocket scrapbooking! I did some scrapbooking back before kids but ready to get back into it! I just did my first layout last night! I'm excited to be here and can't wait to work on my next layout!

Christine

jenn mccabe and krscraps like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

Welcome, Christine!! So glad to have you here and looking forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery! If you have any questions, feel free to let us know!

7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Welcome to both of you!! This is such a good community!

8. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Welcome sharron - love your pages with your Beautiful photos of your grandchildren, travels ...

9. aleehught45

aleehught45 New Member

Hi! I'm Alli! Recently taking a break from digital designing, but still love to scrap memories!

IntenseMagic and jenn mccabe like this.
  10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome to all the new June friends that have popped into the Forum! I hope you all have fun hanging out, getting to know everyone, entering the challenges and just enjoying the fun & inspiration that this community provides. Good to have you all ... @SharLamb @Cbholland and @aleehught45 :)

Cherylndesigns and SharLamb like this.
  11. aleehught45

aleehught45 New Member

12. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Thanks! Yes, everyone has been helpful and friendly. I love the challenges.

13. IntenseMagic

Welcome, Alli!! So glad to have you here!

14. aleehught45

aleehught45 New Member

15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Welcome to all of you! You'll love it here.

16. Oldenmeade

Oldenmeade Well-Known Member

Hi there! I'm Anne and new to posting here. I've posted my layout in the challenge gallery and now I'm trying to post my layout in the Why It Works thread, but I keep getting this error message.
    Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

Can anyone help me?
    Thanks,
    Anne

bestcee likes this.
  17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Welcome to The Lilypad ,Anne! This is just a spam filter barrier - i see your page in the gallery and i believe after 10 (or it could be 20, don't quote me) messages in the gallery, you should be able to post links to your pages in the WiW forum. In the meantime, feel free to comment in the gallery or post chatty bits in the other parts of the forum here to increase your number of posts! (I'm Justine, by the way, nice to meet you!)

Oldenmeade and A-M like this.
  18. Oldenmeade

Thanks Justine - I'm working on my comments now. Lovely to look through the gallery and see all the gorgeous layouts there :)

bellbird and A-M like this.
  19. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

wooohoooo! Anne, so lovely to see you here sweetie!! welcome to The Pad! :)

bellbird likes this.
  20. Oldenmeade

Thanks Ona. So happy to be here :)

wombat146 likes this.