Claire Grantham

TLP_DYD_Dec21_D1_mail

TLP_DYD_Dec21_D1_mail
Claire Grantham, Dec 2, 2021
Description:
Day 1 - DYD
I am a cardmaker and sending mail makes me happy.
I hate making Christmas cards, a bit too samey for my liking, but years ago I devised a system that works and makes it all less meh. I start on Momma's birthday 1st Aug, I make in batches of 4 and they are mailed by Poppa's birthday on 5th December! This year with the move, I was woefully short, so I culled my list, still not even close, so I made 80 cards in 2 days (yes I am insane). But my people love getting them and I love that.
This is a photo of me mailing out the last big batch of cards today! I only have a few more to go this week.

I used -
Designed by Soco - Memories - Vol.4 6x8 album
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Memories-Vol.-4-6x8-Template-Album.html

Amy Wolff - Holly Days Vol.2
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Holly-Days-Vol.-2.html

Becca Bonneville - Love Letter
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Love-Letter-Papers-by-Becca-Bonneville.html
mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      Obviously you love what you do. I would imagine some sort of batch process comes into play here. I usually make my own photo card, design it, print it at home and then write a letter to include. I do right around 80, but this year we haven't even taken a photo and my printer hasn't been used in months... sigh...

BTW, I love handmade cards (hint, hint). I have a friend who makes cards and combines them with calligraphy. I save every one, including the envelopes. :-)
    • Claire Grantham
      @mcurtt GIRL slide into my DM's with your address, I love to send cards and I have just the thing for you xx
      I do love making cards, I just like to make in 2's LOL. BUT that isn't really true, as I make approx 700 cards for Charity every year and I make those in 10s! Christmas cards I just find hard, but some of this years makes are SO pretty..
      I like your idea, I used to do that many moons ago before I was a cardmaker, I kinda feel like the craftroom pays for itself with Christmas card making lol
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      wow! 80 in 2 days is amazing.
      Great story telling.
    • Claire Grantham
    • Cherylndesigns
      Oh good - you're jumping on the DYD!! You'll love looking at this next year - LOVE your start by showing your cards. Can't wait to keep up with your December Dailies!
    • Claire Grantham
      @Cherylndesigns Thank you. We'll see how I go, I have high hopes that I have made it easy peasy enough not to have it peter out...
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Claire Grantham You can do it! We all keep each other going. It'll be worth it, I promise! My husband wanted to know what DYD was, so I showed him my last 3 years. He LOVED looking at them and re-living some memories and encouraged me to do it again this year. I hadn't quite made up my mind if I was going to, but here I am. :)
    • Claire Grantham
    • garrynkim
      You are a queen when it comes to card making! Love the DYD glimpses! Keep it up.
    • Claire Grantham
      @garrynkim aw thank you! And I am gonna do my best to do all 25 days xx
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    DYD - Document Your December
    Uploaded By:
    Claire Grantham
    Date:
    Dec 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    438.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).