jaharvey

Timeless

Timeless
jaharvey, Feb 21, 2018
Description:
Feb 2018 style challenge: include paint splatter, sequin(s), doodle or stamp, and journaling in a handwritten font. I almost never use sequins or glitter, so I've added sequins that are about as subdued as you can get!

Credits:
Fonts: DJB All Cool Chicks, Elegant Typewriter
Worn and Well Loved, by Dawn Inskip
Template: You Are Here blog freebie, by Fiddle Dee Dee
Pale pink sequins: Torquay, K Winiecki

Journaling:
When I was 16, I went on an exchange to Quebec for two weeks. while I was away, mom changed my entire room: new paint and wallpaper, new bedding and antique dressers. I remember walking in and thinking that the burgundy paint was too dark and antiques weren’t my thing. Of course, I thanked her for it and said I loved it, but it was her style, not mine.
When I moved out, those dressers came with me. Later, after I was married, they became hers and she used them for the rest of her life. Now they’re mine again. I decided to repurpose one of them to store sewing supplies in my sewing/laundry room. Unfortunately, when I removed the mirror, the veneer came off. Time for a change! Cameron sanded down the top so I could paint it. The walls in the laundry room are a blue-grey colour. I have used chalk paint to paint the dresser white, but have used grey for the top with some distressing in white. I’ve also added some glass knobs. I am not sure mom would like seeing this painted, as she loved the original oak finish, but I’m really happy with it! This suits the “modern farmhouse” style that I’m enjoying now.
dawninskip likes this.
    • Tree City
      It looks beautiful! It's great how you included its backstory. Love the "rough around the edges" WA bits you put near the photo of the top.
      jaharvey likes this.
    • jaharvey
      @Tree City Thanks! I love the lighter, more casual look. It's the first furniture I've done chalk painting on and I think it turned out rather well. I think this digi kit was a perfect fit for this page. :)
      Tree City likes this.
    • Karen
      You did such a great job on the painting job! I LOVE the results so much! I love all the word bits you've added around and you picked just the perfect papers to capture this. I'm chuckling that I "made" you use sequins, but I really do think they look fabulous on here! :)
      jaharvey likes this.
    • jaharvey
      @Karen Sequins … and even a glittery jewel in the pink flower! I will reluctantly admit that I actually like both in this layout. LOL
      Karen likes this.
    • Karen
      jaharvey likes this.
    • Karen
    • jaharvey
      @Karen Thank you … so honoured! Maybe I'll even have to keep up the use of sequins now! LOL
      Karen likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Style Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    jaharvey
    Date:
    Feb 21, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    200.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).