sbpoet

THEN + NOW [MOC January 31: Then + Now]

THEN + NOW [MOC January 31: Then + Now]
sbpoet, Jan 31, 2018
Description:
THEN + NOW

For the Month of challenges at The Lilypad: January 31: Then + Now. I combined two templates from Lynn Grieveson. Elements are from Quirky Heart, Just Jaimee, Little Butterfly Wings, and Lynne-Marie, all from the August 2014 M3 kit and add-ons; and from Allison Pennington and Tangie Baxter. The fonts are tangieAJCtweedleDeeALT and tangieAJFMaryAnn.

Journaling (180 words, not including dates & titles):

Alan and I have known each other for about fifty years. Over those years I have had seven dogs, sometimes two at once. From the beginning, Alan and my dogs have been best of friends. I wish I had photos of those friendships, which began with Kafka, but I don’t.

First Kafka, and then many years later, Henry, were especially fond of Alan. This despite the fact that Henry saw him only briefly, and only (at most) once a year. Now little Cricket greets him with excitement and engages him in vocal rallies.

For many years Alan maintained his relationships with me and my dogs with these annual visits, which were possible because his work sent him traveling across the state. Mostly housebound by illness, these visits were important to me. A valued friend and a yearly special event that cheered me.

Neither of us, none of us I’m sure, not even the dogs, anticipated that this friendship would blossom into love, into romance. Only seven months in, I know I have found, dis-covered, realized, the love of my life.

For detailed credits see at flickr.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    sbpoet
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    479.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).