Using:
Focal Point kit
by One Little Bird
and
Life is Lovely DU templates
by Fiddle Dee Dee
Journaling Count: 279 words
reads-
"I grew up with a dad that took a ton of photos of us. Which translated into me wanting to take a ton of photos of my life, my family, and our moments. We grew up with big heavy photo albums stuffed to the brim and no matter how hard they tried, my parents just couldn’t remember every detail, name, place etc. as we got older. I knew that I wanted to do something different with my family’s memories. I wanted to be able to have the stories or at least the details to jog our memories or fill in the blank spaces. So, like many of us, when I found digital scrapbooking, I was curious, amazed, and even a bit jealous of the wonderful creations I was seeing. I loved the idea of being able to add embellishments and stories with my photos. I jumped in feet first and went to work absorbing all the info, tutorials, tips and freebies I could get my fingers and eyes on. My first pages were SO bad, but I felt accomplished; invigorated even that I’d done it. My first printed album isn’t anything to write home about, but my kids still sit down and look through it. They still read the stories and ask me to retell them. I LOVE THAT. I do have some traditional photo albums with no stories, but the scrapbooks get all the glory. For me that is what it’s all about. Sure, I love the creative outlet, the pretty supplies, and pages. But ultimately, I’ve always wanted a place for our stories -AND- our photos. Digital scrapbooking has allowed me to give that to my family."​