BLKinOR

The Red Knife

The Red Knife
BLKinOR, Oct 4, 2020
Description:
The first thing I thought of after reading today's LOAD prompt was the "red knife". It was always used in icing cakes and in cutting them to served. When clearing out both my mother's kitchen and my mother-in-law's kitchen, I found that they both had the same knife. I brought them both home with me. I smile whenever I see the one in my knife rack.

I used:
Simple Scrapper member template #525
The Kitschy Kitchen Kit by Sahlin Studio & Jennifer Barrette:
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Kitschy-Kitchen-by-Sahlin-Studio-and-Jennifer-Barrette.html
The Kitschy Kitchen Add-on Bundle:
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Kitschy-Kitchen-Add-On-Bundle.html
    • Cherylndesigns
      That's so special to have something like this. I have red handled silverware because my granny had them when I was growing up. I was so tickled to find them. Great picture of the birthday girl and wonderful journaling.
      BLKinOR likes this.
    • BLKinOR
      Thanks for your comment. How interesting that you have an affinity for something similar. I was actually surprised to feel such a desire to have bring two knives that I’m not likely to use into my home...but bring me joy they do which allows them even in Marie Kondo’s world.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @BLKinOR I know exactly what you mean! It's the little things that bring us joy. No, probably not in her world. Haha
      BLKinOR likes this.
    • CathQuillScrap
      funny how little things bring back memories... great that you could keep the knife and will smile for years to come when you use it.
      BLKinOR likes this.
    • BLKinOR
    • Justagirl
      This is the very thing I love to see you guys scrap. Those simple unexpected moments and things that may not seem much but are so embodied with love, jog our memories and enrich our hearts. Thanks for sharing its a perfectly joyful page you’ve created BettyLou.
      BLKinOR likes this.
    • Justagirl
      because i love your page i had to select it as a FROGGY FAVE this month!
      BLKinOR likes this.
    • BLKinOR
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    BLKinOR
    Date:
    Oct 4, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    243.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).