cfile

Summer 1975 (Feb Journal Challenge)

Summer 1975 (Feb Journal Challenge)
cfile, Feb 7, 2014
Description:

Journaling:

"I love this photo of my parents. It was the Summer of 1975 and we went to my Aunt & Uncle’s in New Jersey for a pool party. My Brother and I each brought our best friends with us... Me it was Mary and Gene brought Steve. Steve and Mary were the "other" kids of my parents.. close like family. In addition to the pool party, we also went camping that summer before Gene and Steve left for the Service. Camping in Upstate New York - Ellenville at the Birchwood acres campground. We met up with Dad’s friend R. Takach and family for a big camping vacation, It would have been fine, however it rained/poured almost the entire time we were there... Mary had been wearing these very tiny purple shorts and she slid down a hill and landed in a mud puddle. Mary changed and we went to wash the mud out. Unfortunately we added too much soap as the bottle slipped and we could not get all the soap out. We hung Marys shorts on the line and with it raining there was a soap sud puddle under Marys shorts! Steve kept saying how he loved to hear the pitter patter of rain drops on the tent. Lightening struck a tree directly behind the tent so Mary Mom & I slept in the station wagon that night! After returning, Steve joined the Army and every time he sent us a letter, it would be raining upon us receiving it. Fond memories that summer!"

credits:
evakipler-memyselfandi-pp13
justjaimee_grungycanvastransp8_3
khadfield_ArtJoodlesMixedBag1
khadfield_audaciouslyawesomealpha
khadfield_calendaryear
khadfield_greatoutdoors
khadfield_swimlikeafish_
lbw_amor
mgodin_dreamswishes_

font: coneria script
    • nativescrapper
      Awesome journaling :) Love what you did for the challenge :) I remember going on camping trips with my dad, brought back great memories:)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    cfile
    Date:
    Feb 7, 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count: