RJMJ

Style Challenge-February 2021-Morning Rituals:Mom & Nanny

Style Challenge-February 2021-Morning Rituals:Mom & Nanny
RJMJ, Feb 8, 2021
Description:
What A Great! Challenge!...I Had The Perfect Photo!...And The 2 Just Right Kits! That Came Together Just Right Too!...This Photo Is From August 1960...It Is My Mom...[Gloria] & Her Mom...[Mildred]...Eating Breakfast! & Drinking Coffee! In Nanny's Fancy Tea Cups!...My Mom Was Just A Young Girl There!...A Young Teenager!...LOL!...It's Kinda Funny To Note Also : Mom Came To Hate Coffee Later In Life & Gave It Up Completely! & Switched To Tea! Permanently!...I Never! Ever! Saw Her Drink Coffee In Her Lifetime With Us!...LOL...But I Digress...I Don't Have Many Photos Of Them Together At The Original Home Where They Used To Live Together...& No One Else In The Photo!...I Treasure This So Much!...It Was Time To Scrap This One!...It Was Really! Cool! To Use 2 Very Modern Kits To Create This Page!...Giving It A More Modern Look With The Twist Of Vintage Metals Reminiscent Of Older Days!...

*As Per The Rules Of This Challenge : 5 Mixed Metals : I Have 14 Total :

*3 Metal Gears Under My 3 Rope Bows
*3 Metal Clock Hands Sporatically Placed
*4 Brass Buttons That Are Attached To A Flower
*4 Round Gears : 3 Placed On Each Butterfly & 1 In My Lady's Hair

*To Create My Morning Rituals:Mom & Nanny Layout-I Used:

*Things To Try-Little Butterfly Wings
*One Day At A Time-Lynn Grieveson
Mrsdudds and trekmom like this.
    • trekmom
      I adore how busy this page is, in the best way and that makes your photo just pop. I'm so glad you scrapped that photo and shared some nice history of your mom too. I love how you put the flower with the string right over the photo as well. Well done!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • bellbird
      glad that you have this photo as a keep sake, sometimes the taste for coffee and things of that nature come and go (i couldn't stand it while pregnant) but the aged & oxidised metal finishes on the gears and clock give this the yesteryear feel and i love how that pop of rusty orange brown works with all the black & white monotone
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Style Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    RJMJ
    Date:
    Feb 8, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    536.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    680px
    Height:
    680px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).