Mingo08

Someday

Someday
Mingo08, Sep 11, 2021
Description:
For the September 2021 Scraplift Challenge

Okay... I'm going to hit the highlights - I created that layer base from whatever came up in my Organizer search that made sense.

Pink Reptile Designs - "Togetherness," "Metamorphosis,"
Lynn Grieveson - "Ripped and Stitched Templates No. 1"
Mommyish - "Stapled Down," "Brown Paper Packages," "Farmhouse Fall"
ETC Danyale - "Beautiful Mess"
And a fair number of elements/photos of actual bits from my parents' home, including the background paper.

Katie Pertiet - "Vintage Artistry"
ForeverJoy and LynnG like this.
    • LynnG
      That looks like quite a job! Love how the layers of 'clutter' add to the meaning. Very cool. My Dad was similar, only he kept building new sheds to house all his useful stuff.
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • Vrielinkie
      Wow, those layers! First of all so awesome that you chose such an old LO, love that. And I love how you layered everything and how the photos match the elements. Amazing lift, thank you for choosing me :beat
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • Mingo08
      @Vrielinkie - It was quite the job! After I created it, I saved that layer file.... LOL! Can't imagine how I could use it again, but "someday...." LOLOLOL! Thanks for the inspiration!
    • flowersgal
      Oh, my!!! I love your documenting and your photos and I can relate as photos of the storage area of my basement would look much the same. And I can relate to all your "someday" statements. I'm putting your layout in my scraplift folder to remind me of what needs to be done!!!
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • trekmom
      I feel this page, oh my goodness. I bet that was a lot of work to clean up. Your page is a great memory of this. When my husband's family cleaned out the house that his parents lived in for about 50 years, it was so bittersweet. You knew how loved the kids were by all the childhood things they saved.
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      great documenting, fabulous layering
    • cfile
      Awesome lift Mingo :) I do what you did and go to the earlier pages to lift as they are so much fun to look at the older pages. I love how you lifted this one, and made like a heart shape "bed" to lay your photos on. I love the composition of your page and the shadow work with all the layering. I love that you incorporated emphemera and bits from your parents house to include in your page. I have a lot of things I moved to my home after my brother and I cleaned out Dad's house when he passed. A lot of what I took were the photos and heritage stuff but it is still alot and I really need to go through and purge. I tried to do it several times, but it is emotional to me, but I need to. I love how you documented this in both journaling and in photos. Great lift! Thank your for playing along with the September Scraplift Challenge!
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • ForeverJoy
      I love how you have layers on your page that echo the layers of items in the photos- it's a very beautiful treatment. :beat
      Mingo08 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Scraplift Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Mingo08
    Date:
    Sep 11, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    690.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).