cla

Small World - MOC #31 - Traveler's Notebook

Small World - MOC #31 - Traveler's Notebook
cla, Feb 2, 2019
Description:
Journaling Reads:
Maren and Barak started dating at the end of August after both of them liked each other on the Mutual Dating app. On one of their first dates he taught Maren how to drive a stick shift since we’ve never owned a manual transmission vehicle for her to learn on. We were pretty impressed by that and the more we got ot know him the more impressed we became. Like Maren he is multi-talented. Some talents they share, like playing the piano well, and some they don’t. Maren is great at anything artistic and Barak is very athletic.
After dating for a few weeks, they were talking about names and Barak asked what my maiden name was. After hearing it he mentioned that he knew some Torgersons from his mission in Cleveland Ohio. Apparently, he served for some time in the Youngstown Ward where my parents attend church.
My parents came to Utah in late September to attend my niece’s wedding. They spent a few days with me and my family when they first arrived. By this time Maren and Barak had been dating for about a month. When he knew that my parents were coming to visit he made sure to schedule an evening to come and visit with them. They remembered him which they don’t always do with all the missionaries that come through their area. Barak sometimes took over piano duties for my Dad and they were impressed with his obvious dedication to missionary service. When Barak took his time to come and visit with a couple of ‘old people’ I had a feeling he was going to end up being someone special in Maren’s life. Two months after they began dating, they got engaged and are now planning a wedding in March. My parents are pretty over the moon about it too!

background paper - Brushed Kraft Colorful by Kim Jensen
bottom envelope - Grungy & Messy Kit by Little Butterfly Wings
other envelope - Summer Nights Kit by Little Butterfly Wings
sheet music - Waiting For Spring by Little Butterfly Wings
spiral notebook - The Notebooks by Kim Jensen
thought bubble and tape - School Zone Elements by Kim Jensen
button and flower - Free Spirit Kit by Little Butterfly Wings
    • KimJ
      What a lovely small world story! Love the photos and the way you used the notebook. The ephemera tucked behind it it a great touch. Wonderful page!
    • patsyt
      Lovely page! Lovely story!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    cla
    Date:
    Feb 2, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    149.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).